APPLE PIE FILLING II
- Combine apples and sugar in a large saucepan. Mix together, then let stand until juice starts to be released from apples. Place over medium-high heat and stir frequently until mixture comes to a boil. Boil hard 1 minute, continuing to stir frequently.
- Mix tapioca, cinnamon, and lemon juice into apples. Boil hard for 1 minute more, continuing to stir. Pack mixture into a sterilized quart jar, a spoonful at a time, ensuring that there are no air bubbles in mixture. Secure sterilized lid.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stock pot and fill halfway with boiling water. Carefully lower jar into pot using a holder. If processing more than one jar, leave a 2 inch space between jars. Add more boiling water if necessary, until tops of jars are covered by 2 inches of water. Bring water to a full boil, then cover and process for 30 minutes.
- Remove jars from pot and place on cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press top of each lid with finger, ensuring that seal is tight (lid doesn't move up or down at all). Can be stored up to one year.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144.8 calories, Carbohydrate 37.7 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 0.9 mg, Sugar 33.1 g
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon peel.
- Line one crust in a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan. Layer 1/3 of apples into pie crust. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and repeat until done. Sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter.
- Place second pie crust on top of filling and flute the edges. Cut vents in top crust and brush with milk for a glazed appearance if desired.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.8 calories, Carbohydrate 56.5 g, Cholesterol 4.4 mg, Fat 16.8 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 248.3 mg, Sugar 30.6 g
MOM'S APPLE PIE II
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix white flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in oil and milk all at once with a fork. When mixture forms a ball, divide into 2 pieces. Roll out, one half at a time between two pieces of waxed paper. Line a 9 inch pie pan with one half.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon. Mix well and pour into pie crust; dot with butter. Cover with top crust. Seal and crimp edges, and cut slits in the top for steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Continue to bake for another 30 minutes or until apples are soft.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464.4 calories, Carbohydrate 62.4 g, Cholesterol 4.7 mg, Fat 22.9 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 185.5 mg, Sugar 22.9 g
I remember coming home sullen one day because we'd lost a softball game. Grandma, in her wisdom, suggested, "Maybe a slice of my homemade apple pie will make you feel better." One bite, and Grandma was right. If you want to learn how to make homemade apple pie filling, this is really the only recipe you need. -Maggie Greene, Granite Falls, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat. , On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim even with rim. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edge loosely with foil. , Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20-25 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 227mg sodium, Carbohydrate 67g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
CARAMEL APPLE PIE II
Make and share this Caramel Apple Pie II recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Cheryl Thebeau-Blev
Yield 1 pie, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine caramels and flour.
- Add apples, caramel topping and lemon juice; mix thoroughly.
- Pour into pie crust and top with pecans.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minute.
- (This is an open top pie, and has become as required on Thanksgiving as Pumpkin & Pecan pies) For deep dish pie, use the following: 15 caramels 1/2 cup flour (add more) 5 cup apples 1 cup caramel sauce 1 tbsp lemon juice 1/2 cup pecan pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321.6, Fat 13.6, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 1.2, Sodium 243.8, Carbohydrate 49.5, Fiber 3, Sugar 13.5, Protein 3.7
More about "apple pie ii recipes"
APPLE PIE RECIPES
CLASSIC APPLE PIE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Mary BergSteps 9Difficulty Easy
SHOWSTOPPING THANKSGIVING PIE RECIPES | LE CREUSET® OFFICIAL SITE
THE 40 BEST APPLE RECIPES FOR THANKSGIVING
WARM MINI APPLE PIE EMPANADAS RECIPE - TODAY.COM
MY APPLE SOUR CREAM PIE RECIPE IS SCRUMPTIOUS
VEGAN APPLE PIE - VEGAN HEAVEN
APPLE PIE II | RECIPESTY
APPLE PIE FILLING II RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
APPLE PIE II | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, APPLE RECIPES
OUR 15 BEST APPLE PIE RECIPES OF ALL TIME ARE PERFECT FOR ANY SEASON
APPLE PIE II RECIPES
APPLE PIE II RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST APPLE PIE RECIPES IN THE WORLD I TASTE OF HOME
APPLE PIE OVERNIGHT OATS - SKINNYTASTE
MINI APPLE PIES – SUGAR GEEK SHOW
APPLE PIE II RECIPE – BOOK FOR HUNGER
APPLE PIE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
PAPER-WRAPPED APPLE PIE II THE BEST RECIPES - BLAND MORR RECIPES
R/OLD_RECIPES - BROWN PAPER BAG APPLE PIE - THIS IS YOUR NEW ...
HOMESTYLE APPLE PIE - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE PIE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
BEST GOLDEN DELICIOUS APPLE PIE RECIPE - FOODHOUSEHOME.COM
R/OLD_RECIPES - BROWN PAPER BAG APPLE PIE - THIS IS YOUR NEW GO …
HOW TO MAKE APPLE PIE FILLING - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE RECIPES
Biscuit Apple Pies/2 Ingredient Recipe (With Freezing Option)11.1K views-10:03
Easy Mini Apple Pie for Two - No pastry crust!13.7K views-06:22
The Only APPLE PIE Recipe You'll Need6.5M views-08:38
Fried Apple Pies like Granny's - Old Fashioned Southern Cooking716.8K views-40:18
Keto Mock Apple Pie Recipe! How to Make Keto Apple Pie 2 CARBS/ 100 CAL44.3K views-07:55
How To Make Apple Pie From Scratch Easy Simple1.5M views-10:07
You'll also love