APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE
This is the perfect apple cake for fall. It stays moist and flavorful for 5 days at room temperature, up to 10 days refrigerated. Because it is made with oil, it can be enjoyed at room temperature or cold.
Provided by Rose Levy Beranbaum
Yield 12-14 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven:
- Twenty minutes or longer before toasting the walnuts, set an oven rack in the lower third of the oven. Set the oven at 350ºF/175ºC.
- Mise en place:
- Thirty minutes to 1 hour ahead, set the eggs on the counter at room temperature (65º to 75ºF/19º to 24ºC).
- TOAST AND CHOP THE WALNUTS: Spread the walnuts evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Turn the walnuts onto a clean dish town and roll and rub them around to loosen the skins. Discard any loose skins and let the nuts cool completely. Chop medium coarse.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Peel, core, and cut the apples into 1/8 to 1/4 inch dice.
- Make the batter:
- Into the bowl of a stand mixer, weigh or measure the eggs. Add the oil, granulated and brown sugars, and the vanilla. Attach the flat beater and beat on medium speed for 1 minute, until blended.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed for 20 seconds, just until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Detach the bowl from the stand and with a large spoon stir in the apples and walnuts. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake:
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a wire cake tester inserted near the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center.
- Cool the cake:
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. If using a straight sided pan, run a metal spatula between the sides of the pan and the cake. Invert the cake onto a wire rack that has been lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray and cool completely for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Drizzle Caramel Sauce and Glaze over the cake after unmolding.
BONNIE'S APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE WITH RUM ICING
Absolutely delicious, no other words will do it justice! Easy to make, and no one will ever know you started with a box cake mix and a can of apple pie filling! This is our new family favorite! Enjoy! The photo is my own, and so is this humble recipe.
Provided by BonniE !
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Cook's Tip: I found that in my oven, it took about 50 minutes for the cake to get done. I tented it with foil to slow the browning. Check with a tooth pick in the middle and if it comes clean, it is done. Cake will pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 2. PREPARE THE CAKE: In a large mixing bowl, place the cake mix and the ingredients according to the directions on the box, add the walnuts. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan. Pour the batter in the pan. Dice the apples in the pie filling into small pieces, and spoon the filling evenly over the batter. Don't push it down.
- 3. BAKE THE CAKE: Place the cake in the oven and bake according to the package directions. Note that it may take more time than indicated because of the addition of the pie filling. Use the toothpick test to check if it is done. Cool the cake 15 minutes, make sure it is loose, and then turn over on a foil lined tray. Cool completely before icing. Enjoy!
- 4. RUM ICING RECIPE: Bring the following to room temperature 2 tablespoons of butter 2 ounces of cream cheese 1/2 cup powdered sugar 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of rum extract (taste at 1/2 teaspoon to make sure it isn't too strong) With an electric mixer and small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, extract, and butter until well mixed, and then add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth. If it is too thick, add a half teaspoon of water and mix well. Spoon the mixture into a small plastic ziplock bag, close it and get the air out, and then snip the corner of the bag and ice the cake.
FRESH APPLE WALNUT CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the apples and the white sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Stir in the apple mixture, then the flour mixture. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 544.8 calories, Carbohydrate 64.9 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fat 30.3 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 219.8 mg, Sugar 38.5 g
APPLE WALNUT CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla, walnuts and apples. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Slide knife along outer edges to release bottom of tube pan. Slide knife along bottom of tube pan and inner tube to release cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 572.4 calories, Carbohydrate 75.2 g, Cholesterol 104.6 mg, Fat 28 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 7.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 564.9 mg, Sugar 44.1 g
APPLE-WALNUT BUNDT CAKE
- Make the caramelized apples: Cook granulated sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, without stirring, until sugar caramelizes, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in apples. Cook, covered, until softened, about 6 minutes. Slightly mash apples with a fork until broken down but still chunky. Continue to cook, uncovered, stirring, until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the cake: Butter a 10-inch Bundt pan. Dust with flour, tapping out excess. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and 1 teaspoon salt into a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time. Reduce speed to low, and add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix in caramelized apples and the walnuts.
- Transfer batter to pan. Bake until cake is deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cake cool in pan set on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn out cake onto rack, and let cool completely.
- Once cake is cool, make the glaze: Whisk together confectioners' sugar and cider. Drizzle over top of cake, letting it drip down the sides.
GERMAN APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE
Posted for ZWT6 German Region. I found this on a Authentic German Foods recipe site. I did find it interesting to learn that the word "Bundt" comes from the German word "Bund" which literally means "gathering of people". Isn't that sweet?? This is a versatile recipe in that it is good for a breakfast treat, pack in a lunch, take on a picnic or serve as a dessert after dinner.
Provided by HokiesMom
Yield 1 cake, 18 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoons cinnamon; set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups sugar, oil, apple juice, vanilla, and eggs. Beat at high speed until smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in chopped walnuts and apple mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake is firm, well browned, and begins to pull away from pan edges. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Good sprinkled with confectioners' sugar before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.9, Fat 19.8, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 41.3, Sodium 109.8, Carbohydrate 43.6, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 25.8, Protein 5.1
SPICED APPLE-WALNUT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- For the cake: Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally butter and flour a 10-inch fluted tube or Bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the apples, maple syrup, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. In batches, mix the dry ingredients into the apple mixture. Stir in the walnuts. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a cake tester or skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes and invert onto a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- For the icing: In a food processor, combine the powdered sugar, heavy cream, cream cheese, 3 tablespoons water, and vanilla. Process until smooth, adding more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the icing is pourable. Spoon the icing over the cake and allow to set for 20 minutes before slicing.
APPLE SOUR CREAM CINNAMON WALNUT BUNDT CAKE
This is a rich and extremely moist coffee cake with a layering of walnuts and cinnamon in ribbons in the middle and on top of this cake. This cake can also be baked in a tube pan, see note on bottom. You will get many rave reviews when you serve this cake! You can also make this cake even without the apples, it is still great, but I think even better with the apples!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Generously butter a bundt pan and then flour (shaking out excess flour).
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a small food processor, PULSE the walnuts, 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar until the nuts are chopped.
- Add in 1/4 cup melted butter and pulse once or twice to combine; set aside.
- To make the cake: In a large bowl beat the 1 cup softened butter with 1-1/4 cups sugar at high speed with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs and beat well.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla until smooth and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Reduce the speed to low and add in the flour mixture, mixing just until blended (the batter will be thick).
- Add in the chopped apples; mix to combine.
- Sprinkle half of the nut mixture evenly into bottom of the bundt pan.
- Spoon half of the batter on top of the nut mixture, spreading out with a spatula, then sprinkle the remaining nut mixture on top of the batter, then top/dollop with remaining cake batter, spreading out with a spoon.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool cake in the pan on a rack for about 1 hour, then run a thin knife around the inner edges.
- Place rack on top of the pan, then flip to invert onto rack.
- Cool completely.
- *NOTE* this cake can be baked in a tube pan, just layer the cinnamon/nut mix twice between three layers of cake batter instead of sprinkling on the bottom of the pan. Layer as follows.
- A third of the cake batter in the bottom of the pan then sprinkle with half of the nut mixture, then another third batter on top, the the remaining nut mixture then the remaining third of cake batter.
- This method works quite well, but will produce a higher cake that might take a longer time to bake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 897.6, Fat 61.3, SaturatedFat 25.1, Cholesterol 141.4, Sodium 723, Carbohydrate 82.2, Fiber 5, Sugar 52, Protein 11.6
WALNUT APPLE TUBE PAN CAKE
At the campground where my husband and I have a trailer, the campers hold an auction of baked goods every Fourth of July. I donated this moist tube pan cake last year and it brought in the highest bid! I often use black walnuts in place of regular walnuts because they add a special flavor.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add apples and sugar; beat for 1 minute. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and baking powder; add to apple mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts. , Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. , Combine confectioners' sugar and brown sugar; sprinkle over cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411 calories, Fat 21g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 43mg cholesterol, Sodium 269mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
APPLE, RAISIN, WALNUT CAKE
The girls and boys in my junior high home economics classes like this cake because it's not too sweet. I like it because it has high fiber and nutritional value-the apples are used unpeeled. Parents who have apple trees are always glad to donate the apples!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Beat eggs and oil together in a bowl until foamy; add sugar and vanilla and continue to beat. Add apples, beating slightly; set aside. Sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves; add raisins and walnuts to flour mixture. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; beat slightly. Bake at 350° in greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Check for doneness after 25 minutes. , To make frosting, melt butter in saucepan; stir in flour until mixture bubbles. Add milk, stirring with wire whisk until mixture thickens. Cool. Add sugar and vanilla to cooked mixture; mix until smooth and blended. Spread on cooled cake; sprinkle with nuts.
Nutrition Facts :
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT
This cake is so very good! I had made this a month or so back while on a baking spree. I ended up freezing partial or whole loaves of bread, cakes, rolls, etc. This one was so very very good on its own fresh, no glaze here! I froze the other 3/4 of the cake for a later time, to just pull out in 4ths. It was even BETTER after...
Provided by Barbara Kavorkian
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt or tube pan. In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 1 tablespoon white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups white sugar, oil, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla and eggs. Beat at high speed until smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- 3. Pour 1/3 of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the apple mixture. Alternate layers of batter and filling, ending with batter.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- 5. Note: If freezing, let cake cool completely and wrap with plastic cling wrap and place in freezer bag(s). Do not put glaze or dusting sugar on until ready to serve.
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE WALNUT CAKE
The aroma and flavor of this old-fashioned tube cake will remind you of cakes your grandma made! The apple-walnut combination makes it perfect for fall...and it can be served for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and mace; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in apples and nuts. (Batter will be very stiff.) , Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan bake at 325° for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405 calories, Fat 21g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 240mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
More about "apple walnut bundt cake recipes"
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
APPLE-WALNUT BUNDT CAKE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 16Calories 400 per serving
- Into large bowl, measure all ingredients except apples, walnuts, raisins, and confectioners' sugar; with mixer at low speed, beat until well mixed, constantly scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
FRESH APPLE CAKE RECIPE NURTURED NOGGINS (719.59 KB ...
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE (ONE BOWL) - RASPBERRIES AND KOHLRABI
TOP 50 RECIPES FOR APPLE BUNDT CAKE - ISTIMEWA.DIXIESEWING.COM
APPLE SOUR CREAM CINNAMON WALNUT BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
TOP 42 APPLE BUNDT COFFEE CAKE RECIPE RECIPES
APPLE WALNUT CAKE | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION RECIPES
15 COFFEE CAKE RECIPE IN BUNDT PAN - SELECTED RECIPES
TOP 50 APPLE BUNDT COFFEE CAKE RECIPE RECIPES
APPLE AND WALNUT BUNDT CAKE RECIPE DF GF - SABRINAS ORGANIZING
TOP 43 MOIST APPLE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE RECIPES
TOP 46 APPLE BUNDT COFFEE CAKE RECIPE RECIPES
25 BEST BUNDT CAKE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
TOP 46 APPLE SPICE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE RECIPES
Apple Cake That Melts In Your Mouth! Fast and Tasty Apple Walnut Cake Recipe5.7K views-03:48
Apple Crumble Cake | Apple Walnut Cake Recipe | Yummy73.7K views-04:24
Homemade Apple Bundt Cake - Perfect for Fall!1.7K views-01:52
You'll also love