CLASSIC CUBAN-STYLE PICADILLO
Here is a classic Cuban recipe for ground beef that is typically eaten over white rice. It can also be used as a filling for tacos or empanadas. It's delicious with fried ripe plantains.
Provided by Amalloch
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic, onion, and green bell pepper in the hot oil until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Crumble ground beef into the skillet; cook and stir until browned completely, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir olives, raisins, capers, tomato sauce, sazon seasoning, cumin, sugar, and salt through the ground beef mixture.
- Cover the skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook until the mixture is heated through, 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349.7 calories, Carbohydrate 23.8 g, Cholesterol 74.3 mg, Fat 18.5 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 23.7 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 3571.8 mg, Sugar 16.6 g
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and chorizo sausage. Cook and stir until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Drain off some of the grease, and stir in the onions and bell pepper. Cook until soft, then add the garlic. Season with cumin, chili powder, oregano, paprika, cayenne and cinnamon. Cook and stir for about one minute to release the fragrance. Pour the tomatoes and beef stock into the pan, along with the sugar. Set the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir the raisins, olives, capers and vinegar into the pan, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add the almonds and lime juice, and cook until they are heated, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 485.6 calories, Carbohydrate 22.6 g, Cholesterol 79.3 mg, Fat 32.7 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 25.5 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 867.2 mg, Sugar 14.2 g
Picadillo is one of the great dishes of the Cuban diaspora: a soft, fragrant stew of ground beef and tomatoes, with raisins added for sweetness and olives for salt. Versions of it exist across the Caribbean and into Latin America. This one combines ground beef with intensely seasoned dried Spanish chorizo in a sofrito of onions, garlic and tomatoes, and scents it with red-wine vinegar, cinnamon and cumin, along with bay leaves and pinches of ground cloves and nutmeg. For the olives you may experiment with fancy and plain, but rigorous testing here suggests the use of pimento-stuffed green olives is the best practice. A scattering of capers would be welcome as well.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Put the olive oil in a large, heavy pan set over a medium-high flame, and heat until it begins to shimmer. Add onions, chorizo and garlic, stir to combine and cook until the onions have started to soften, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, and allow it to brown, crumbling the meat with a fork as it does. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, cinnamon, cumin, bay leaves, cloves and nutmeg and stir to combine. Lower the heat, and let the stew simmer, covered, for approximately 30 minutes.
- Uncover the pan, and add the raisins and the olives. Allow the stew to cook for another 15 minutes or so, then serve, accompanied by white rice.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 472, UnsaturatedFat 18 grams, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fat 33 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 24 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 653 milligrams, Sugar 13 grams, TransFat 1 gram
People also searched
More about "authentic mexican picadillo recipes"
HOW TO MAKE PICADILLO RECIPE | GROUND BEEF …
4.8/5 (82)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 272 per serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet; once oil is hot add the ground meat to cook. Break up large lumps of meat using a wooden spoon to make sure all the little pieces are well cooked. Fry until brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic. Stir and cook for about 1 minute, just enough to allow the onion to get transparent, then add Serrano pepper plus diced potatoes. Stir and keep cooking until potatoes are slightly tender, but still firm. This will take about 5 more minutes since you will still keep cooking them when you add the tomatoes.
- Now, add the diced tomatoes and Knorr beef bouillon and stir again. The tomatoes will release their juices and the beef bouillon will dissolve, adding more flavor to the picadillo. Place a lid on your skillet and lower the heat. Keep cooking the picadillo until your potatoes are completely cooked and the tomatoes have formed a thick sauce.
TRADITIONAL MEXICAN PICADILLO CON PAPAS …
5/5 (55)Total Time 35 minsCategory DinnerCalories 283 per serving
- Heat a large lidded pot or skillet over medium heat. When it’s hot, add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the beef and saute over medium heat until browned. About 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add cumin, oregano, salt, potato, tomato sauce, water, and bouillon. Stir to combine. Press the mixture down so that the potatoes are as submerged in the liquid as possible. Cover and turn the temperature to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potato cubes are cooked through and the sauce is thickened.
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN PICADILLO RECIPE
4.8/5 (10)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main Course, Side DishCalories 245 per serving
- Roast tomatoes in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or roast on stove top in a pan with a drop of oil over medium heat for 10 minutes turning over every few minutes for even roasting (you can also roast the jalapeño or serrano pepper).Note: You can skip this whole step and just use raw tomatoes but I like the taste better when the tomatoes are roasted.
- While potatoes are cooking, use another skillet or saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and add onions and peppers until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook for a minute.
MEXICAN PICADILLO- BOLD AND AUTHENTIC …
Ratings 354Calories 220 per servingCategory Main Course
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN PICADILLO RECIPE - MY …
4.6/5 (7)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 185 per serving
MEXICAN PICADILLO | MEXICAN PLEASE
PICADILLO RECIPE (MEXICAN STYLE BEEF AND …
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN PICADILLO RECIPE
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN PICADILLO RECIPE - THE …
GORDITAS RECIPE [EASY 30 MINUTE MEAL] – COMIDAA
EASY MEXICAN PICADILLO - CUERNAKITCHEN | TRADITIONAL AND MODERN …
MEXICAN CHILE RELLENO (AUTHENTIC CHILES RELLENOS DE PICADILLO)
PICADILLO - AUTHENTIC MEXICAN RECIPE - YOUTUBE
MEXICAN PICADILLO RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
25 DELICIOUS AND AUTHENTIC MEXICAN STREET FOOD RECIPES
MEXICAN CHILE RELLENO RECIPE (CHILES RELLENOS DE PICADILLO)
MEXICAN PICADILLO [STEP-BY-STEP RECIPE] - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
PICADILLO - PATI JINICH
TOP 46 MEXICAN BEEF PICADILLO RECIPE RECIPES
MEXICAN PICADILLO RECIPE - AUTHENTIC SONORAN PICADILLO
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN PICADILLO RECIPE | LATINFOODSMARKET
FAST & EASY MEXICAN PICADILLO + VIDEO - MUY BUENO COOKBOOK
Picadillo - Authentic Mexican Recipe111.8K views-16:53
Mexican Inspired Picadillo133.3K views-05:23
Fast Mexican Picadillo. Authentic Mexican Recipe. Easy Ground Beef Burritos. Quick Dinner Idea!1.3K views-08:21
QUICK and EASY Picadillo Rojo Recipe (Mexican Ground Beef Stew)132.8K views-07:14
How to Make Authentic Mexican Picadillo and Chile Rellenos138 views-22:49
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN BEEF PICADILLO48.1K views-09:23
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make picadillo Mexican?InstructionsIn a large skillet, heat olive oil.Season the ground beef with salt, pepper, and cumin.Add beef to the skillet.With your spatula, break up the meat.Cook for 4-5 minutes until no longer pink.Drain any excess fat.Add the onion, jalapeño, and tomato.Cook for 1 minute.Add the garlic, poblano pepper, beef bouillon, water, and tomato sauce. More items...
How to make picadillo Mexican style?Step By Step InstructionsCut the Vegetables and Prepare the Ingredients. Possibly the most important step in this Tex Mex picadillo recipe is to prepare the ingredients. ...Brown and Cook the Ground Beef. During the second step in this Tex Mex Picadillo Recipe, add some olive oil and the ground beef into a skillet.Add the Vegetables to the Mixture. ...Add The Rest Of The Seasonings. ... More items...
How do you make "authentic" Mexican food?Steps for This Authentic Taco RecipeCook the Ground Beef. Heat the oil in your skillet for two minutes over medium-high heat. ...Add Seasoning. Once the meat is browned, add the beef broth, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper to the skillet with ...Heat the Tortillas. ...Assemble Your Tacos. ...
How to make picadillo recipe?Jessica Rodriguez’s Cuban-Style PicadilloHeat olive oil. Saute yellow onion and green pepper. ...Once translucent, add ground beef and cook on medium high until brown.Add bay leaf, oregano, cumin, adobo seasoning, black pepper, tomato sauce, cooking wine, vinegar, and alcaparrado. Cover and let simmer for 10 min.Add potato and raisins. Cook until potatoes are soft.Drain excess juices.