CLAFOUTIS AUX CERISES (CLASSIC CLAFOUTI)
A quick and classic cherry clafoutis, made the authentic French way with the pits still in the cherries. Should you wish to avoid the pits when enjoying this gorgeously simple dessert, you can remove them prior to baking. Clafoutis can be served warm or cool.
Provided by Narno
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine milk and vanilla bean in a pot and steep for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch baking dish with butter. Spread out cherries in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in a bowl. Add eggs one at a time; beat with an electric mixer after each addition until smooth and creamy.
- Remove vanilla bean from milk and discard. Add milk to egg mixture. Pour in heavy cream; mix until smooth. Pour mixture evenly over cherries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top of clafoutis is golden, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar on top. Let cool slightly before serving so that the clafoutis is set. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.5 calories, Carbohydrate 36.9 g, Cholesterol 73.9 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 5.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 63.6 mg, Sugar 29.1 g
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and butter until the sugar is dissolved. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Pour the batter into a cast iron skillet or pie pan.
- 2. Now add your favorite fruit or flavoring (see below). Bake until the clafoutis is beautifully puffed and golden, 35-40 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Clafoutis Variations: Concord Grape Clafoutis: Once the batter is in the skillet, scatter 2 cups slightly crushed Concord or other black or red grapes on top. Cherry Clafoutis: Scatter 2 cups pitted cherries onto the batter once it's poured into pie plates. Pear Clafoutis with Pear Eau de Vie: Core 1 ripe pear and cut into pieces. Pour the batter into the skillet and top with the pear pieces. Bake. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons eau de vie and serve immediately. Milk Chocolate and Hazelnut Clafoutis: Melt 1 cup chopped milk chocolate in a large mixing bowl set above a simmering pot of water. Fold in the clafoutis batter until smooth and fully incorporated. Pour into a skillet or pie plate, sprinkle with 1/4 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts, and bake.
It sounds odd to say that a recipe's biggest problem is that it looks too good, but that's sort of the case with this pear clafoutis, a crustless custard fruit tart that often looks a lot sweeter and richer that it actually is. Usually made with cherries, this rustic French dessert adapts easily to any kind of seasonal fruit. If desired, brush top with warmed fruit preserves and honey and garnish with whipped cream, creme fraiche, or ice cream.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch baking dish generously with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Whisk eggs, 1/3 cup sugar, milk, salt, nutmeg, vanilla extract, almond extract, and flour together in a bowl for batter.
- Reserve 12 to 14 pear slices for topping and add remaining pear slices to the prepared baking dish. Pour batter over pears in the baking dish and top with almonds. Shake and tap the dish gently on the countertop to let mixture settle. Lay reserved pear slices flat on top. Melt remaining butter and brush over pears. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden, fruit is soft, and custard is set, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature before serving, or serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218 calories, Carbohydrate 28.3 g, Cholesterol 81.2 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 115.4 mg, Sugar 16.4 g
People also searched
More about "basic clafoutis recipes"
AMAZING CLAFOUTIS RECIPE (EASY) - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
4.8/5 (11)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 6-8Total Time 50 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Butter a 9-inch cast iron skillet or pie pan. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and salt for about a minute until well combined. Add flour and whisk until smooth and lump free. Whisk in melted butter, followed by the milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Make sure that the mixture is completely smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Scatter fruit onto the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the clafoutis is just set (it's ok if it's still wobbly in the center) and golden at the edges. Let cool slightly until lukewarm. Dust with powdered sugar, if you like. Cut into wedges and serve.
EASY FRESH FRUIT CLAFOUTI RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.7/5 (13)Total Time 55 minsServings 8
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 2" round cake pan, or a 9" pie pan at least 1 1/2" deep.
- Place the fruit in the pan., In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, melted butter, vanilla, almond extract, and sugar., Whisk in the flour, stirring until most of the lumps are gone., Pour the batter over the fruit., Bake the clafouti for 45 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean., Remove the clafouti from the oven, and serve it in wedges, warm or at room temperature.
EASY PLUM CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER …
CHERRY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
BEST CHERRY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHERRY …
SIMPLE CLAFOUTIS RECIPE | TASTE OF FRANCE
BEST BASIC CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - HUNGARIAN EATS
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine American, French, HungarianTotal Time 55 mins
EASY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - CHEFSHOP
EASY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TOP 41 CLAFOUTIS RECIPE RECIPES - METAL.PAKASAK.COM
3 CLAFOUTIS RECIPES FOR A FLAN-LIKE DESSERT WITH A FRENCH TWIST
EASY AND HEALTHY CLAFOUTIS - THE CLEVER MEAL
BANANA CHOCOLATE COFFEE CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - DELISHABLY
‘ANYONE CAN MAKE IT’: SEVEN TIPS FOR BEING A BETTER COOK IN 2023
BASIC CLAFOUTIS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | RECIPE CART
CLAFOUTIS | AUTHENTIC FRENCH RECIPE - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
QUICK AND EASY CLAFOUTIS RECIPES: MAKE THEM TODAY! - SIFT
CLAFOUTIS RECIPES - BBC FOOD
BASIC CLAFOUTIS | COMMUNITY RECIPES | NIGELLA'S RECIPES
10 EASY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | COOKIES AND CUPS
EASY CHERRY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - TASTINGTABLE.COM
Simple Cherry Clafoutis recipe33.8K views-02:34
Cherry Clafoutis Recipe - How to Make A French Clafoutis97.9K views-09:46
Martha Stewart's Nectarine Clafoutis | Martha Bakes Recipes | Martha Stewart Living22K views-06:17
Classic Cherry Clafoutis Recipe53.6K views-06:39
Blueberry Clafoutis Recipe - Fresh Blueberry Baked Custard Dessert185.5K views-03:23
How to make Clafoutis25.5K views-06:14
You'll also love