CLAFOUTIS AUX CERISES (CLASSIC CLAFOUTI)
A quick and classic cherry clafoutis, made the authentic French way with the pits still in the cherries. Should you wish to avoid the pits when enjoying this gorgeously simple dessert, you can remove them prior to baking. Clafoutis can be served warm or cool.
Provided by Narno
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine milk and vanilla bean in a pot and steep for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch baking dish with butter. Spread out cherries in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in a bowl. Add eggs one at a time; beat with an electric mixer after each addition until smooth and creamy.
- Remove vanilla bean from milk and discard. Add milk to egg mixture. Pour in heavy cream; mix until smooth. Pour mixture evenly over cherries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top of clafoutis is golden, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar on top. Let cool slightly before serving so that the clafoutis is set. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.5 calories, Carbohydrate 36.9 g, Cholesterol 73.9 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 5.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 63.6 mg, Sugar 29.1 g
People also searched
More about "basic clafoutis recipes"
EASY FRESH FRUIT CLAFOUTI | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.7/5 (13)Total Time 55 minsServings 8
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 2" round cake pan, or a 9" pie pan at least 1 1/2" deep.
- Place the fruit in the pan., In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, melted butter, vanilla, almond extract, and sugar., Whisk in the flour, stirring until most of the lumps are gone., Pour the batter over the fruit., Bake the clafouti for 45 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean., Remove the clafouti from the oven, and serve it in wedges, warm or at room temperature.
AMAZING BASIC CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
4.8/5 (11)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 6-8Total Time 50 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Butter a 9-inch cast iron skillet or pie pan. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and salt for about a minute until well combined. Add flour and whisk until smooth and lump free. Whisk in melted butter, followed by the milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Make sure that the mixture is completely smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Scatter fruit onto the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the clafoutis is just set (it's ok if it's still wobbly in the center) and golden at the edges. Let cool slightly until lukewarm. Dust with powdered sugar, if you like. Cut into wedges and serve.
BEST BASIC CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - HUNGARIAN EATS
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine American, French, HungarianTotal Time 55 mins
SIMPLE CLAFOUTIS RECIPE | TASTE OF FRANCE
HOW TO MAKE CLAFOUTIS WITH ANY KIND OF FRUIT - EPICURIOUS
CHERRY CLAFOUTIS | FRUIT RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
BEST CHERRY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHERRY …
EASY CHERRY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - TASTINGTABLE.COM
JULIA CHILD'S PEAR CLAFOUTIS | CHEW OUT LOUD
BASIC CLAFOUTIS | COMMUNITY RECIPES | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA …
EASY AND HEALTHY CLAFOUTIS - THE CLEVER MEAL
CLAFOUTIS RECIPES - BBC FOOD
EASY CHERRY CLAFOUTIS - A BAKING JOURNEY
BASIC CLAFOUTIS - PLAIN.RECIPES
BASIC CLAFOUTIS : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
CLAFOUTIS RECIPES - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BASIC CLAFOUTIS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM BASIC CLAFOUTIS
BASIC CLAFOUTIS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | RECIPE CART
Simple Cherry Clafoutis recipe33K views-02:34
Classic Cherry Clafoutis Recipe50K views-06:39
Cherry Clafoutis Recipe - How to Make A French Clafoutis93K views-09:46
Traditional cherry clafoutis | Video recipe16K views-01:37
Martha Stewart's Nectarine Clafoutis | Martha Bakes Recipes | Martha Stewart Living19K views-06:17
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make the best clafoutis?In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and butter until the sugar is dissolved. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Pour the batter into a cast iron skillet or pie pan. 2. Now add your favorite fruit or flavoring (see below). Bake until the clafoutis is beautifully puffed and golden, 35–40 minutes. Serve immediately.
How long does it take to bake clafoutis?Remove the dish from the oven and pour over the batter until the cherries are just covered. Return to the oven to bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until puffy and golden. Dust the clafoutis with icing sugar and serve lukewarm.
How to cook clafoutis in a cast iron skillet?A cast iron skillet retains the heat well, but if you don’t have one you can use any 9-inch dish. Use a shallow dish if you have one. Serve the clafoutis while still warm. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Butter a 9-inch cast iron skillet or pie pan. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and salt for about a minute until well combined.
How do you make a peach clafoutis recipe?Start by cooking fresh pears in hot butter until nicely tender. Combine those with a sweet, vanilla-infused egg-and-cream batter topped with almonds to create a stunning dessert that requires only 25 minutes of prep time. How do you make a peach clafoutis recipe feel even more summery? By adding fresh in-season berries, naturally.