CLAFOUTIS AUX CERISES (CLASSIC CLAFOUTI)
A quick and classic cherry clafoutis, made the authentic French way with the pits still in the cherries. Should you wish to avoid the pits when enjoying this gorgeously simple dessert, you can remove them prior to baking. Clafoutis can be served warm or cool.
Provided by Narno
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine milk and vanilla bean in a pot and steep for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch baking dish with butter. Spread out cherries in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in a bowl. Add eggs one at a time; beat with an electric mixer after each addition until smooth and creamy.
- Remove vanilla bean from milk and discard. Add milk to egg mixture. Pour in heavy cream; mix until smooth. Pour mixture evenly over cherries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top of clafoutis is golden, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar on top. Let cool slightly before serving so that the clafoutis is set. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.5 calories, Carbohydrate 36.9 g, Cholesterol 73.9 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 5.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 63.6 mg, Sugar 29.1 g
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 10 x 3 x 1 1/2-inch round baking dish and sprinkle the bottom and sides with 1 tablespoon of the granulated sugar.
- Beat the eggs and the 1/3 cup of granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. On low speed, mix in the flour, cream, vanilla extract, lemon zest, salt, and pear brandy. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel, quarter, core, and slice the pears. Arrange the slices in a single layer, slightly fanned out, in the baking dish. Pour the batter over the pears and bake until the top is golden brown and the custard is firm, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature, sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, and creme fraiche.
CHEF JOHN'S BLUEBERRY CLAFOUTIS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Generously butter a 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Pour blueberries into prepared baking dish.
- Blend milk, sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt in a blender until batter is smooth. Pour batter over blueberries and gently shake to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and center is set, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool until clafoutis deflates and is just warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.7 calories, Carbohydrate 41 g, Cholesterol 97.1 mg, Fat 3.8 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 82.6 mg, Sugar 30.6 g
JULIA CHILD'S BERRY CLAFOUTIS
This recipe is for a delicately sweet dessert whose elegance should not distract from its ease (it can be made while the rest of dinner is in the oven). Make sure you have fresh berries, and serve the result warm. We call for blueberries or blackberries here, but feel free to try it with whatever seasonal fruit catches your eye.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a medium-size flameproof baking dish at least 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Place the milk, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour in a blender. Blend at top speed until smooth and frothy, about 1 minute.
- Pour a 1/4-inch layer of batter in the baking dish. Turn on a stove burner to low and set dish on top for a minute or two, until a film of batter has set in the bottom of the dish. Remove from heat.
- Spread berries over the batter and sprinkle on the remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar. Pour on the rest of the batter and smooth with the back of a spoon. Place in the center of the oven and bake about 50 minutes, until top is puffed and browned and a tester plunged into its center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving. (Clafoutis need not be served hot, but should still be warm. It will sink slightly as it cools.)
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 202, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 36 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 78 milligrams, Sugar 22 grams, TransFat 0 grams
FRUIT & ALMOND CLAFOUTIS
This gorgeous French pudding is full of melt-in-the-mouth goodness
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Oil or butter a 23cm flan dish or tin (not loose-bottomed) and scatter the berries over the base.
- Whizz all the batter ingredients in a blender until smooth, pour it over the fruits and bake for 20-25 mins until risen and golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 393 calories, Fat 29 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 27 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 17 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.55 milligram of sodium
More about "basic clafoutis recipes"
AMAZING CLAFOUTIS RECIPE (EASY)
4.9/5 (14)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 6-8Total Time 50 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Butter a 9-inch cast iron skillet or pie pan. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and salt for about a minute until well combined. Add flour and whisk until smooth and lump free. Whisk in melted butter, followed by the milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Make sure that the mixture is completely smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Scatter fruit onto the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the clafoutis is just set (it's ok if it's still wobbly in the center) and golden at the edges. Let cool slightly until lukewarm. Dust with powdered sugar, if you like. Cut into wedges and serve.
EASY FRESH FRUIT CLAFOUTI RECIPE
4.7/5 (13)Total Time 55 minsServings 8
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 2" round cake pan, or a 9" pie pan at least 1 1/2" deep.
- Place the fruit in the pan., In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, melted butter, vanilla, almond extract, and sugar., Whisk in the flour, stirring until most of the lumps are gone., Pour the batter over the fruit., Bake the clafouti for 45 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean., Remove the clafouti from the oven, and serve it in wedges, warm or at room temperature.
CHERRY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE
CLAFOUTI IS THE EASY FRENCH DESSERT TO USE WITH EVERY ...
BEST BASIC CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - HUNGARIAN EATS
MELISSA CLARK'S RASPBERRY CLAFOUTI
CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
Ratings 75Category DessertCuisine FrenchTotal Time 36 mins
5-INGREDIENT BLUEBERRY CLAFOUTIS FOR TWO - ALL WAYS DELICIOUS
EASY CHERRY CLAFOUTIS - A BAKING JOURNEY
HOW TO MAKE CLAFOUTIS WITH ANY KIND OF FRUIT - EPICURIOUS
CLASSIC CHERRY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE
45 EASY BAKING RECIPES - FUN BAKING DESSERT IDEAS
BEST CHERRY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHERRY CLAFOUTIS
EASY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE (CHERRY OR ANY STONE FRUIT)
APPLE CLAFOUTIS RECIPE
EASY CHERRY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE
25 BEST BUNDT CAKE RECIPES - WHAT TO BAKE IN A BUNDT PAN
You'll also love