CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF
- Season beef with salt, pepper, and Spanish paprika.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions and mushrooms in melted butter until onions are tender, 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to a bowl, retaining some of the butter in the skillet.
- Cook and stir beef in retained butter until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir 2/3 cup beef broth, white wine, garlic, and ketchup into the beef mixture; season with salt and pepper. Place a cover on the skillet and cook mixture at a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Whisk remaining beef broth and flour together in a bowl; add to beef mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continually, and boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low, add sour cream, and stir until smoothly incorporated. Ladle over egg noodles and garnish with paprika.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 543.1 calories, Carbohydrate 53.1 g, Cholesterol 134.8 mg, Fat 21.3 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 33.9 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 886.6 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF
With its tender chunks of beef coated in a luscious creamy sauce and served over a bed of buttery noodles, it's no wonder Beef Stroganoff is such a hit. With all that flavor, you might assume it's a complicated dish, but it's actually quite the opposite. This from-scratch recipe can be made in well under an hour and with only 20 minutes of hands-on time, since it's really all about the simmer. (The key to transforming the beef into succulent morsels of mouthwatering meat.) So when you want to impress the family but don't have all day to do it-this one's a guaranteed hit!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2x1/2-inch strips.
- Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
- Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour; stir into beef mixture. Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil). Serve over noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 28 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 620 mg
THE BEST BEEF STROGANOFF
We used a marbled, tender piece of ribeye as the star of this comfort food classic. Two kinds of mushrooms are cooked until crispy to add an extra element of flavor. The whole dish is brought together with a rich, tangy sauce made with sour cream and Dijon and served over egg noodles.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Season the beef with 1 teaspoon salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, untouched, until starting to turn brown in some spots, about 1 minute. Use tongs to flip the pieces and continue cooking until deep golden brown but still undercooked in the center, about 1 minute (the beef will finish cooking in the sauce). Transfer the beef to a bowl and return the skillet to the stovetop on medium-high.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet. Add the onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally to scrape up the browned bits in the pan, until the onions are softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons butter, the button mushrooms, shiitakes and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally scraping up any browned bits, until the mushrooms have released some liquid and are starting to crisp up, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir until incorporated. Fold in the sour cream, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Pour in the beef broth and stir until smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while the sauce reduces, cook the egg noodles according to the package directions for al dente. Drain and toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the chopped parsley and chives.
- Fold the beef and any accumulated juices from the bowl into the sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is cooked through but still slightly pink on the inside, about 1 minute.
- Divide the noodles between 4 bowls and top with the sauce and beef. Sprinkle with more chives, if desired.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- For the buttered egg noodles: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- For the beef stroganoff: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Add half the meat to the pan and brown it quickly. Remove the first batch and cook the rest of the meat. Remove and set aside with the first batch.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and cook the mushrooms, carrots and onions until lightly browned. Turn off the heat and add the brandy and 2 cups of the stock. Turn the heat back on and reduce the liquid for 2 to 3 minutes. Mix the cornstarch with the remaining 1/4 cup stock, getting out all the lumps. Pour the slurry into the skillet and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in the sour cream, mustard and beef. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- To finish the noodles, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the cooked egg noodles and toss to heat through and coat with the butter.
- Serve the stroganoff with the noodles, and sprinkle with the parsley.
EASY BEEF STROGANOFF
I wanted to lighten up my mother-in-law's wonderful stroganoff recipe and came up with this tasty spin. In our home, we call my easy beef stroganoff "special noodles." -Jennifer Riordan, St. Louis, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Remove and keep warm., In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. , Carefully return beef mixture to the pan. Add the sour cream, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Drain noodles; serve with beef mixture. If desired, top with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333 calories, Fat 11g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 329mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SIMPLE BEEF STROGANOFF
- Prepare the egg noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- In a separate large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned. Drain the fat and add the soup and garlic powder. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and combine the meat mixture with the egg noodles. Add the sour cream, stirring well, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 678.5 calories, Carbohydrate 48.2 g, Cholesterol 159.2 mg, Fat 40.5 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 28.7 g, SaturatedFat 17.3 g, Sodium 659.8 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
Make a classic beef stroganoff with steak and mushrooms for a tasty midweek meal. Garnish with parsley and serve with pappardelle pasta or rice.
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan then add 1 sliced onion and cook on a medium heat until completely softened, around 15 mins, adding a little splash of water if it starts to stick.
- Crush in 1 garlic clove and cook for 2-3 mins more, then add 1 tbsp butter.
- Once the butter is foaming a little, add 250g sliced mushrooms and cook for around 5 mins until completely softened.
- Season everything well, then tip onto a plate.
- Tip 1 tbsp plain flour into a bowl with a big pinch of salt and pepper, then toss 500g sliced fillet steak in the seasoned flour.
- Add the steak pieces to the pan, splashing in a little oil if the pan looks dry, and fry for 3-4 mins, until well coloured.
- Tip the onions and mushrooms back into the pan. Whisk 150g crème fraîche, 1 tsp English mustard and 100ml beef stock together, then stir into the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat for around 5 mins.
- Scatter with some chopped parsley, and serve with pappardelle or rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438 calories, Fat 31 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
EASY BEEF STROGANOFF
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in boiling water until done, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet, cook mushrooms and onions in 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat until soft; remove from pan.
- Using the same pan, melt remaining butter. Cook ground beef in melted butter until browned. Mix in flour. Stir in beef broth, and cook until slightly thickened. Add mushroom and onion mixture; stir in sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until sauce is hot, but not boiling. Serve sauce over egg noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 601.9 calories, Carbohydrate 36.1 g, Cholesterol 148.3 mg, Fat 37.4 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 28.9 g, SaturatedFat 17.4 g, Sodium 632.8 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
More about "beef stroganoff recipes"
14 BEST BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
BEEF STROGANOFF - RECIPES - HAIRY BIKERS
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME - BETTER HOMES
EASY CROCKPOT BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - RECIPEMAGIK
GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF | BEST BEEF RECIPES
EASY BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER BEEF RECIPES
CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF WITH SOUR CREAM RECIPE - THE …
BEEF STROGANOFF | RECIPETIN EATS
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF - TORNADOUGH ALLI
15 BEEF STROGANOFF WITH EGG NOODLES RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
BEEF STROGANOFF - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES | MYRECIPES
EASY HOMEMADE BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beef #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #equipment
Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe577K views-03:44
Easy Classic Beef Stroganoff Recipe - Natasha's Kitchen3.4M views-06:17
How to Make Beef Stroganoff | Allrecipes.com531K views-03:18
How to Make Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff | Beef Recipe | Allrecipes.com94K views-02:27
How to Make Easy Beef Stroganoff | Allrecipes.com218K views-04:09
How to make Beef Stroganoff - Classic Beef Stroganoff Recipe - Stroganov - Stroganoff Youtube164K views-09:22
You'll also love