CORN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS
Quesadillas are a win-win for busy weeknight meals. They come together quick and easy, and are usually a tasty excuse to clean out leftovers from the fridge. In this case, the filling is made with canned black beans from the pantry and leftover corn on the cob.
Provided by Jennifer Perillo
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet. Add the onion and garlic; cook until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the beans, corn and another tablespoon of oil if the pan seems dry. Season with the salt, cumin and pepper, and stir in the cilantro. Let cook over medium-low heat until the beans and corn are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, arrange the tortillas flat on a counter. Sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese on one half of each tortilla. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the bean-corn mixture over the cheese. Top with another 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold the filled tortillas into half-moons.
- Place 2 quesadillas in the skillet. Cook until golden on the bottom and the cheese has started to melt, 2 to 3 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the quesadillas, and cook until golden on the other side, 2 to 3 more minutes,. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- Serve topped with pico de gallo if desired.
- Easy Swap In: We usually make the filling with leftover grilled or roasted corn, but frozen corn works great too. Don't thaw the corn-just add the frozen kernels to the pan with the black beans and allow 1 to 2 extra minutes for them to heat through.
BLACK BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLAS
My vegetarian husband goes crazy over these every time! They are really cheesy, a little bit spicy, and a little bit sweet. Feel free to play around and add chicken or veggies, if you desire. Don't forget the salsa and sour cream!
Provided by EFasse
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in beans and corn, then add sugar, salsa, and pepper flakes; mix well. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the skillet, sprinkle evenly with cheese, then top with some of the bean mixture. Place another tortilla on top, cook until golden, then flip and cook on the other side. Melt more butter as needed, and repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363 calories, Carbohydrate 45.6 g, Cholesterol 26.5 mg, Fat 14.5 g, Fiber 6.3 g, Protein 13.9 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 732.5 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
BLACK BEAN 'N' CORN QUESADILLAS
Black beans partner up with spinach and corn in these easy and satisfying quesadillas from Susan Franklin of Littleton, Colorado. -Susan Franklin, Littleton, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of the beans with a fork., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in corn, cumin, chili powder, mashed beans and the remaining beans; heat through. Stir in spinach just until wilted., Spread four tortillas with bean mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining tortillas. Place on two ungreased baking sheets., Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each into six wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 900mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
People also searched
More about "black bean and corn quesadillas recipes"
CHEESY CORN-AND-BLACK-BEAN QUESADILLAS RECIPE
5/5 (6)Total Time 40 minsServings 8Calories 305 per serving
- In a bowl, coarsely mash beans with a potato masher. Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat; add corn and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until corn begins to brown. Add corn to bowl with beans.
- In same skillet, warm oil. Add onion and jalapeño and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer. Stir mixture into bowl with beans and corn. Let mixture cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- When cool, stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 200ºF. Spread a tortilla out on a work surface and spread a 1/2-cup portion of bean mixture over half. Fold tortilla in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas and bean mixture. Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook as many tortillas as fit in skillet, 3 minutes, then flip quesadillas and cook until golden brown and crispy and cheese is melting, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Place quesadillas on a baking sheet and keep warm in oven while you cook remaining quesadillas. Cut into wedges and serve.
BLACK BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLAS - TASTES BETTER FROM …
4.8/5 (28)Total Time 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 295 per serving
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add black beans, corn, salsa, brown sugar, cumin and chili powder and stir to combine.
BLACK BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLAS - FREEZER FRIENDLY
HEARTY BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS - QUICK & EASY - BUDGET …
BLACK BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLAS — SALT & BAKER
BLACK BEAN AND CORN SHEET PAN QUESADILLAS | KITCHN
BLACK BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLAS - MINISTRY OF CURRY
VEGAN BLACK BEAN & CORN QUESADILLA - IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE CHICKEN
TOP 41 BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLA RECIPE RECIPES
BLACK BEAN QUESADILLA - SPICE CRAVINGS
MEXICAN BLACK BEAN CORN SALAD WITH JALAPENO DRESSING
RECIPE: BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH THREE CHEESE QUESADILLAS - BLUE APRON
BLACK BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLAS - RECIPESRUN
BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS | GIRL HEART FOOD®
CHICKEN QUESADILLA WITH BLACK BEANS AND CORN RECIPE
20+ BEST QUESADILLA RECIPES (TONS OF DELICIOUS FILLING OPTIONS!)
15 MINUTE BLACK BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLAS - JESSICA IN …
TOP 48 BLACK BEAN CORN TORTILLA RECIPE RECIPES
CHEESY BLACK BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLAS - KINDA HEALTHY RECIPES
BREAKFAST QUESADILLA WITH BLACK BEANS AND EGGS RECIPE - SIMPLY …
CHICKEN QUESADILLA WITH CORN AND BLACK BEANS - THE SEASONED MOM
15 WHAT TO EAT WITH ENCHILADAS - SELECTED RECIPES
TOP 48 BLACK BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLAS ALLRECIPES
BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA - WHOLESOME MADE EASY
BLACK BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLAS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
15 BLACK BEAN AND CORN ENCHILADAS - SELECTED RECIPES
TOP 45 BLACK BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLAS ALLRECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #lunch #beans #eggs-dairy #rice #cheese #sandwiches #black-beans #pasta-rice-and-grains
How to Make Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas | Quesadilla Recipe | Allrecipes.com15.9K views-02:53
Baked Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla Recipe #shorts875 views-01:01
Cook with Me: Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas19.2K views-06:39
Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas1.4K views-02:10
High protein Veggie, Black Bean & Corn Quesadilla recipe5.6K views-00:52
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make black bean quesadillas?These simple and healthy Black Bean Quesadillas are an easy dinner everyone loves. Flour tortillas filled with cheese, black beans, corn, onion, bell pepper and spices. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
How do you make black beans with corn on the cob?In this case, the filling is made with canned black beans from the pantry and leftover corn on the cob. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet. Add the onion and garlic; cook until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the beans, corn and another tablespoon of oil if the pan seems dry.
How to cook black bean and corn tortillas?Place one tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle cheese, followed by a heaping scoop of black bean and corn mixture and spread into an even layer. Top with another sprinkle of cheese. 3. Cook: Add a tortilla on top and cook until the bottom tortilla is golden. Use a large spatula to carefully flip the tortilla to the other side.
How do you make black beans in a skillet?Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add black beans, corn, salsa, brown sugar, cumin and chili powder and stir to combine. Reduce heat. Melt a teaspoon of butter In another large skillet.