BOW TIE AND BROCCOLI SALAD
- In a skillet, heat sesame oil and sauté raisins, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon, and set aside in a small bowl. Quickly sauté sunflower and sesame seeds in remaining oil, stirring frequently, and remove to another small bowl.
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli, bow ties, raisins, and mayonnaise, combining thoroughly. Just before serving, toss with sunflower and sesame seeds.
BROCCOLI AND BOW TIES
- Cook the broccoli for 3 minutes in a large pot of boiling salted water. Remove the broccoli from the water with a slotted spoon or sieve. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same water, cook the bow-tie pasta according to the package directions, about 12 minutes. Drain well and add to the broccoli.
- Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, heat the butter and oil and cook the garlic and lemon zest over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Off the heat, add 2 teaspoons salt, the pepper, and lemon juice and pour this over the broccoli and pasta. Toss well. Season to taste, sprinkle with the pignolis and cheese, if using, and serve.
- To toast pignolis, place them in a dry saute pan over medium-low heat and cook, tossing often, for about 5 minutes, until light brown.
BOW-TIE BROCCOLI SLAW SALAD
Combine pasta salad with broccoli slaw to get a tasty Bow-Tie Broccoli Slaw Salad! Cranberries and almonds make this broccoli slaw salad a sweet side dish.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 10 servings, about 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine pasta, slaw, cranberries and onions in large bowl.
- Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar until blended. Add to pasta mixture; mix lightly.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with nuts before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 190 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 6 g
BOW-TIE PASTA SALAD
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Cook the bow-tie pasta at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain.
- Quickly rinse the cooked pasta in cold water to stop it from continuing to cook; drain.
- Mix the cooled pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, sliced green onions, celery, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Gently stir the salad dressing, Parmesan cheese, sugar, basil, and salt in a bowl until evenly mixed.
- Pour the salad dressing mixture over the pasta mixture; gently toss to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate 3 hours to overnight before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.3 calories, Carbohydrate 43.5 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 12.4 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 7.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 484 mg, Sugar 11.4 g
BOW TIE BROCCOLI SALAD
This can be made a variety of ways. You can omit the bow tie pasta and just have the veggies and or add/delete as desired. I think I like it so well because it's somewhat sweet. Feel free to improvise as needed for taste.
Provided by CoffeeB
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut up into bite size pieces the broccoli and cauliflower.
- Boil noodles and rinse under cold water.
- Drain well.
- Fry the bacon crispy and cut up fine.
- Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar and add to your veggies, cheese and raisins.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours for flavors to blend.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310.4, Fat 26.6, SaturatedFat 8.5, Cholesterol 39.4, Sodium 486.5, Carbohydrate 10.3, Fiber 1, Sugar 5.7, Protein 8.3
BROCCOLI & BOW TIES
Make and share this Broccoli & Bow Ties recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Lennie
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of salted water up to the boil, add broccoli florets, and cook for just 3 minutes; you need the water to cook the pasta, so do not drain; instead, remove broccoli with a large slotted spoon and place into a large serving bowl.
- Making sure the water is still boiling, add pasta; cook according to pkg directions (about 10 to 12 minutes), then drain well and add cooked pasta to the broccoli.
- While pasta is cooking, toast the pine nuts: place a small skillet over medium-low heat and add nuts to skillet; stir often--it will take about 5 minutes for them to toast; watch carefully so they do not burn; set aside.
- Now heat the butter and oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat; add both minced garlic and lemon zest and saute for one minute.
- Remove skillet from burner and add the salt and pepper, and the lemon juice; stir to combine then pour over the broccoli and pasta in the large bowl; toss.
- Taste pasta and broccoli mixture and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
- Sprinkle toasted pine nuts and parmesan over dish, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210.6, Fat 9.8, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 602.9, Carbohydrate 25.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 1, Protein 6.5
People also searched
More about "bow tie and broccoli salad recipes"
BROCCOLI BOWTIE PASTA SALAD — LET'S DISH RECIPES
4.6/5 (38)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 6Total Time 35 mins
- Add broccoli, pasta, and grapes, and stir to coat. Cover and chill 3 hours. Stir bacon and pecans into salad just before serving.
BROCCOLI AND BOWTIE PASTA SALAD | JUST PLAIN COOKING
BOW TIE AND BROCCOLI SALAD | COOKSTR.COM
BOWTIES AND BROCCOLI - FAST, EASY, DELICIUOS - BUDGET BYTES
BROCCOLI BOW-TIE SALAD - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
5/5 (2)Servings 6
BROCCOLI BOW-TIE SALAD - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF CANADA …
CHICKEN & BROCCOLI BOW-TIE PASTA SALAD RECIPE - FOOD HOUSE
BROCCOLI, GRAPE AND BOW-TIE SALAD RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
BOW TIE BROCCOLI PASTA SALAD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | BROCCOLI & BOW TIES (UPDATED) | RECIPES
BOWTIE PASTA SALAD - THE RECIPE LIFE
BOWTIE PASTA SALAD - A Delicious Anytime Salad2.9K views-00:36
EASY 6-INGREDIENT Bowtie Pasta Salad | SO Delicious!13K views-05:52
How to Make Shrimp and Broccoli Bowtie Pasta4.5K views-05:16
Triple-Broccoli Pasta Salad | Big Little Recipes17K views-11:35
Bowtie Pasta Salad Recipe629 views-00:44
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook bow tie pasta with Broccoli?Place in a large bowl and set aside. In the same water, cook the bow-tie pasta according to the package directions, about 12 minutes. Drain well and add to the broccoli. Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, heat the butter and oil and cook the garlic and lemon zest over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
How do you make broccoli slaw salad with pasta?Combine pasta salad with broccoli slaw to get a tasty Bow-Tie Broccoli Slaw Salad! Cranberries and almonds make this broccoli slaw salad a sweet side dish. Combine pasta, slaw, cranberries and onions in large bowl. Whisk mayo, vinegar and sugar until blended. Add to pasta mixture; mix lightly.
How do you cook Broccoli and pasta at the same time?Cook the broccoli for 3 minutes in a large pot of boiling salted water. Remove the broccoli from the water with a slotted spoon or sieve. Place in a large bowl and set aside. In the same water, cook the bow-tie pasta according to the package directions, about 12 minutes. Drain well and add to the broccoli.
How many servings are in the Bowties and broccoli?The quantities on the recipe card below are for six servings of the Bowties and Broccoli. I generally make one serving at a time. To find the quantities for one serving, scroll down to the step by step photos. This insanely simple dinner "cheat" is ready in minutes and will keep you full for hours.