BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS
Bone-in turkey breasts are easy to find, and as impressive as a whole bird when you roast them in butter and herbs.
Provided by Alison Roman
Categories Bon Appétit Thanksgiving Poultry turkey Roast Christmas Kid-Friendly Dinner Christmas Eve Butter Sugar Conscious Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Small Plates
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Gently loosen skin from turkey breasts and rub butter under skin and all over outside of breasts; season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and garlic over a large rimmed baking sheet and arrange turkey breasts, skin side up, on top. Roast turkey breasts, turning halfway through, until skin is crisp and golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of breasts registers 160°F (for optimal moistness, you will want to cook the white meat of the turkey breasts to a lower internal temperature than you would if cooking a whole bird), 45-55 minutes.
- Transfer turkey breasts to a platter and let rest 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve turkey breasts with pan drippings alongside.
OVEN-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
There's no need to bother with a big, messy bird. This baked turkey breast offers just enough, and not too much, of tender, succulent white meat in a thyme, butter and wine sauce. When you're in the mood for a perfect portion of poultry, this slow-roast turkey breast recipe is a great option for a smaller group. Our Oven-Roasted Turkey Breast comes together with just 15 minutes of prep before popping it into the oven. Don't forget to let it stand 15 minutes after roasting for easier carving!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 325°F. Place turkey, skin side up, on rack in large shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of breast and does not touch bone. Roast uncovered 1 hour.
- Mix butter, wine, thyme, salt, paprika and garlic. Brush turkey with half of the butter mixture. Roast 30 minutes; brush with remaining butter mixture. Roast about 1 hour longer or until thermometer reads 165°F.
- Remove turkey from oven and let stand 15 minutes for easier carving.
- Meanwhile, pour pan drippings into measuring cup; skim fat from drippings. Add enough water to drippings to measure 2 cups. Heat drippings to boiling in 1-quart saucepan. Mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water; stir into drippings. Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve with turkey.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 165 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 49 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 480 mg
OVEN-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix 1/4 cup butter, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place turkey breast with skin side up into a roasting pan. Loosen skin with your fingers; brush half the butter mixture over the turkey breast and underneath the skin. Reserve remaining butter mixture. Tent turkey breast loosely with aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour; baste turkey breast with remaining butter mixture. Return to oven and roast until the juices run clear and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast, not touching bone, reads 165 degrees F (65 degrees C), about 30 more minutes. Let turkey breast rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- While turkey is resting, transfer pan drippings to a skillet. Skim off excess grease, leaving about 1 tablespoon in skillet. Place skillet over low heat; cook and stir shallot in turkey grease until opaque, about 5 minutes. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet with shallot and whisk in white wine, scraping any browned bits of food from skillet. Whisk in chicken stock and flour until smooth. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened. For a creamier, lighter gravy, whisk in half-and-half.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Cholesterol 191.3 mg, Fat 11.8 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 60.3 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 313.8 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
ROAST TURKEY BREAST
Roasting a whole turkey breast for Thanksgiving, rather than an entire bird, offers a few clear advantages. It cuts roasting time at least in half, reduces the hassle of carving, and frees you to create more interesting side dishes. But perhaps the best argument for roasting a breast is that you can produce white meat that is truly moist, as opposed to the dried-out white meat that results from roasting a whole turkey until the legs are cooked through. A breast of about three pounds is fine for a party of four, while one weighing six pounds or more can serve about 10. And yes, there are usually enough leftovers for sandwiches.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, roasts, main course
Yield 4 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place turkey in roasting pan; brush with oil or butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place turkey in oven, and roast for 40 to 60 minutes, depending on size, basting with the pan juices every 15 minutes or so. Begin checking every few minutes with an instant-read thermometer; turkey is ready when the thermometer reads 155 degrees. Remove the turkey from the oven, and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes (during which time its internal temperature will rise to about 160 degrees) before carving and serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 392, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 0 grams, Fat 20 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 50 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 603 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
More about "butter roasted turkey breasts recipes"
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER - RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (32)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory MainsCalories 598 per serving
- Remove fridge chill: Take turkey out of the fridge 45 minutes before cooking (or 30 minutes if it's super hot where you are).
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER - CRAVING TASTY
5/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 206 per serving
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, garlic, rosemary, pepper and thyme.
- Microwave the ingredients on high for 1 minute, or until the butter has fully melted. Remove the bowl from the microwave oven. Mix all ingredients really well and set aside for 5 minutes so the butter gets infused with the garlic and herbs.
- Return the bowl back to the microwave oven and cook the mixture on high for another 30 seconds to ensure that the butter is fully liquefied.
BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
3.5/5 (173)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 8
- Preheat oven to 425°. Gently loosen skin from turkey breasts and rub butter under skin and all over outside of breasts; season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and garlic over a large rimmed baking sheet and arrange turkey breasts, skin side up, on top. Roast turkey breasts, rotating halfway through, until skin is crisp and golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of breasts registers 160° (for optimal moistness, you will want to cook the white meat of the turkey breasts to a lower temperature than you would if cooking the whole bird), 45–55 minutes.
HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | VALERIE BERTINELLI | FOOD …
Author Valerie BertinelliSteps 7Difficulty Easy
HERB ROASTED SPLIT TURKEY BREAST - DISHES WITH DAD
EVERYDAY TURKEY BREAST ROAST WITH HERBS & BUTTER - CANADIAN TURKEY
ROASTED TURKEY WITH SPICED BUTTER | RICARDO
BONE-IN TURKEY BREAST WITH LEMON AND HERB BUTTER
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
JUICY ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
ROAST TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
10 BEST ROAST BONELESS TURKEY BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SIMPLE OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - THE STAY AT HOME …
OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST AND ROASTED VEGETABLES
ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS WITH BUTTER AND HERBS - CHATELAINE
A BONE-IN TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - EATS BY THE BEACH
MAPLE-BUTTER GLAZED ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - BUTTERBALL
ROAST TURKEY - CAFE DELITES
GARLIC AND BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - SOUTHERN CAST IRON
BRINED AND HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH THE BEST EASY …
BUTTER ROASTED WHOLE TURKEY BREAST WITH GRAVY - SIMPLY SCRATCH
HERB BUTTER ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH GRAVY FOR TWO
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER - EATWELL101
ROAST TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
ROASTED TURKEY WITH HERB BUTTER AND QUICK GRAVY
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER - SAVOR THE BEST
OVEN ROASTED OLD BAY BUTTER TURKEY BREAST - HONEYSUCKLE WHITE
EASY ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | CREME DE LA CRUMB
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY
SIMPLE AND JUICY OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - BLESS THIS MESS
TURKEY BREAST HOW TO COOK? - RECIPE CAP
HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - VERMONT CREAMERY
TURKEY BREAST - DELICIOUS TABLE
HERB-FLAVORED ROASTED TURKEY BREAST | BUTTERBALL®
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH THYME CITRUS BUTTER
GARLIC AND HERB ROAST TURKEY BREAST (EXTRA JUICY!) - THE …
HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - GREENS & CHOCOLATE
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
ROASTED BONELESS TURKEY BREAST WITH HONEY GARLIC BUTTER
BONELESS TURKEY BREAST ROAST - IFOODREAL.COM
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY - RECIPES - GO BOLD WITH BUTTER
EASY ROAST TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - GOOD CHEAP EATS
ROASTED BONELESS TURKEY BREAST: SO JUICY! - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a turkey breast with butter and garlic?Mix 1/4 cup butter, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place turkey breast with skin side up into a roasting pan. Loosen skin with your fingers; brush half the butter mixture over the turkey breast and underneath the skin.
What temperature do you cook a turkey breast in the oven?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix 1/4 cup butter, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place turkey breast with skin side up into a roasting pan.
How long does it take to roast a turkey breast?Roasted Turkey Breast made with butter, herbs, salt, and pepper has tender juicy meat and CRISPY skin, and roasts in only 90 minutes! Saved!
How to cook a turkey breast for a small dinner?The turkey is full of flavour and perfect for a small dinner! Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the turkey breast on a plate or board and pat it dry with paper kitchen towels. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper until the herbs are distributed throughout the butter.