BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as Bundt ®).
- Mix pecans, butterscotch chips, and 2 tablespoons flour in a bowl until coated.
- Beat sugar, cream cheese, butter, shortening, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Alternate mixing 1 egg and 1/2 cup of remaining flour at a time into the butter mixture, beating well after each addition to form a smooth batter. Fold in coated butterscotch chips and pecans to incorporate. Pour batter into tube pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 573.3 calories, Carbohydrate 64.1 g, Cholesterol 115.7 mg, Fat 32.7 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 15.1 g, Sodium 161 mg, Sugar 44.9 g
BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE RECIPE - (4.4/5)
Provided by á-7711
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 325*. Grease and flour pan. In large mixing bowl,mix sugar,sour cream,butter anjd eggs;mixing well.Add all remaing cake ingredients except chips.Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes,scraping bowl accasionally. Spoon 1/3 of the batter into cake pan.sprinkle 1/2 of the chips over batter,[don't tuch sides of pan with chips]Spoon 1/2 of the remaing batter over chips,sprinkle remaing chips.spoon remaing batter over chips. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. cool 10 minutes.Remove from pan and cool. Make gleze in med sauce pan over med. heat. Stir together butter,brown sugar and half and half. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat add powdersugar and vanilla ;mix until smothe Add a little more milk if needed.spoon over cake.
I get lots of compliments and recipe requests whenever I make this eye-catching cake. The filling is similar to German chocolate cake. -Judy Lamon, Louisville, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 2 greased 9-in. round baking pans with waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave, melt butterscotch chips with 1/4 cup water at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature., In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in butterscotch mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk just until combined., Pour into prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in evaporated milk and water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. , Remove from the heat. Gently stir in chips and butter. Stir in pecans and coconut. Cool to room temperature without stirring., Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the filling. Top with second layer and remaining filling. Frost sides with buttercream frosting. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 765 calories, Fat 36g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 81mg cholesterol, Sodium 422mg sodium, Carbohydrate 103g carbohydrate (79g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
EASY BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE
Teri's mention that this is the first cake her daughter ever made inspired me to get my grandson, Connor, involved! He and I have cooked together since he could walk and it's a really precious time for us. We had a ton of fun preparing this recipe together, and the finished cake was a big hit with the entire Kitchen...
Provided by Teri Dunaway
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Combine 1st 5 ingredients. Mix well for 4 minutes.
- 3. Gently stir in butterscotch chips.
- 4. Pour into well-greased and floured Bundt pan and bake.
- 5. Bake for approximately 1 hour (generally takes the full time)
BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE
Make and share this Butterscotch Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
Provided by susan
Yield 1 Bundt cake
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt together in top of a double boiler the morsels, instant coffee, and water.
- Cream together butter and sugar; blend into the butterscotch mixture.
- Add flour alternately with the buttermilk to the creamed mixture.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Turn into a well-greased and floured Bundt pan or a tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE
I used a doctored cake mix recipe and added butterscotch pudding as an experiment. Turned out yummy!
Provided by Pam-I-Am
Yield 1 cake, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place cake mix in a large bowl.
- Add butterscotch pudding mix.
- Add 4 eggs, oil and water.
- Mix with beaters until smooth.
- Pour into a bundt pan or two loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
OLD-FASHIONED BUTTERSCOTCH CAKE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 (9-inch) 3-layer cake; 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 23
- For the cake: Separate the eggs. Place the egg whites in a medium bowl and yolks in a small bowl. Let stand at room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line the bottom of 3 (9-inch) round cake pans with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- Sift together the sifted flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the brown sugar. If there are any large clumps of brown sugar, break them up with a spoon. Stir, then set aside.
- Whip the egg whites to soft peaks with an electric mixer. With the mixer running, slowly add 1/4 cup sugar and continue to whip to stiff peaks. Add the egg yolks, half-and-half, oil, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the cake batter a third at a time. Divide the batter among the prepared cake pans and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean. Let cool.
- For the frosting: Place 4 tablespoons of water in a small bowl or ramekin. Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the top, making sure the gelatin is moistened. Let stand 5 minutes to bloom.
- In the meantime, place the brown sugar, half-n-half, and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan. Stir. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Turn heat to low and add the bloomed gelatin. Stir. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until the gelatin has dissolved. Remove from heat to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the butter in a standing mixer until fluffy. Add the cooled gelatin mixture. Whip until thickened to a creamy frosting. This will look like a curdled hot mess but keep whipping and in 10 to 15 minutes it will become a beautiful buttercream. Mix in the vanilla.
- For the butterscotch sauce:
- Melt the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over low to medium heat. Add the brown sugar, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is melted and mixture is bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the heavy cream. The mixture will bubble. Whisk until incorporated. Return the pan to low heat and cook for 10 minutes without stirring, until slightly thickened. Remove pan from the heat and add the vanilla. Stir. Let cool to room temperature. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Fill and frost the cooled cakes, drizzling the butterscotch sauce between the cake layers and on top of the frosting, and on top of cake.
People also searched
More about "butterscotch pound cake recipe 445"
BUTTERSCOTCH POUND BUNDT CAKE - NORDIC WARE
TRIPLE BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE - ACCIDENTAL HAPPY BAKER
BUTTERSCOTCH RUM POUND CAKE | VERY BEST BAKING
BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE (EASY FALL DESSERT)
Category Brunch, Dessert, SnackCalories 550 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 45 mins
GRANDMA'S BUTTERSCOTCH CAKE - TORNADOUGH ALLI
BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE RECIPES
7 BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE IDEAS | BUTTERSCOTCH, POUND CAKE ...
BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BUTTERSCOTCH RUM POUND CAKE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
OLD SCHOOL BROWN SUGAR BUTTERSCOTCH CARAMEL POUND …
BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE - RECIPES
INCREDIBLE OLD-FASHIONED BUTTERSCOTCH CAKE | JULIE BLANNER
BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Butterscotch Pound Cake | Browned Butter & Butterscotch Glaze | #PoundCakeQueen👑💚31.7K views-28:33
FROSTED: Butterscotch-Pecan Cake - Martha Stewart55.7K views-07:41
OLD SCHOOL BROWN SUGAR BUTTERSCOTCH CARAMEL POUND CAKE (FRIDAY NIGHT CAKE OF THE WEEK SEGMENT)74.3K views-21:50
Easy Homemade Pound Cake46.8K views-12:42
Ultimate Butterscotch Cake14K views-01:38
WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I ADDED BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS TO MY CAKE MIX?/OLD SCHOOL BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE8.9K views-20:46
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make pecans with butterscotch chips?Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Mix pecans, butterscotch chips, and 2 tablespoons flour in a bowl until coated. Beat sugar, cream cheese, butter, shortening, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
What are the ingredients in a butterscotch cake?With that said, this cake focuses on the true ingredients of homemade butterscotch: butter and lots of dark brown sugar. All-Purpose Flour – No need to sift.
How do you make butterscotch pancakes?Beat in butterscotch mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk just until combined. Pour into prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
How do you make butterscotch chips from scratch?Beat sugar, cream cheese, butter, shortening, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Alternate mixing 1 egg and 1/2 cup of remaining flour at a time into the butter mixture, beating well after each addition to form a smooth batter. Fold in coated butterscotch chips and pecans to incorporate.