CARROT SOUP WITH GINGER AND LEMON
Make and share this Carrot Soup with Ginger and Lemon recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Mirj2338
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add chopped carrots, tomatoes and lemon peel; saute 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover partially and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Puree soup in batches in blender.
- Return soup to pot.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to simmer, thinning with more stock, if desired.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Top each with sour cream and grated carrot.
GINGER CARROT SOUP
Puree this creamy recipe for Ginger Carrot Soup from Food Network with cream and freshly grated ginger.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a 6-quart pan, over medium high heat, add butter and onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are limp. Add broth, carrots, and ginger. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender when pierced.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a blender. Don't fill the blender more than half way, do it in batches if you have to. Cover the blender and then hold a kitchen towel over the top of the blender*. Be careful when blending hot liquids as the mixture can spurt out of the blender. Pulse the blender to start it and then puree until smooth. Return to the pan and add cream, stir over high heat until hot. For a smoother flavor bring soup to a boil, add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with dollop sour cream and parsley sprigs.
CARROT SOUP WITH GINGER AND LEMON
This beautiful and delicious carrot soup is served at The Kinloch Lodge Hotel.
Yield Makes 4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add chopped carrots, tomatoes and lemon peel; sauté 1 minute. Add 3 cups stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover partially and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Puree soup in batches in blender. Return soup to pot. Mix in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Bring soup to simmer, thinning with more stock, if desired. Ladle into bowls. Top each with sour cream and grated carrot.
CARROT GINGER SOUP
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, and garlic; saute until softened, 15 to 20 minutes. Add broth, carrots, and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until carrots are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender until carrots are no longer chunky and soup has a thick consistency. Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, and curry powder. Serve in large mugs with chives and fresh black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.9 calories, Carbohydrate 18.1 g, Cholesterol 35.2 mg, Fat 12.4 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 603.7 mg, Sugar 8.1 g
CARROT-TAHINI SOUP WITH CORIANDER, TURMERIC AND LEMON
Here's a simple carrot soup with loads of garlic and lemon for punch, with some tahini puréed in at the end. It is tangy, nutty, very creamy and intensely flavored, like liquid hummus with a gentle sweetness.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a soup pot over medium heat, pour in oil, then add leek and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, salt, pepper, coriander, turmeric and cayenne, and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add carrots and stir to coat them with leek mixture. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, then add broth, thyme, if using, and 2 cups water. Bring to a simmer, partly cover and cook until carrots are very tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400 degrees. Brush pita wedges with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Spread them on a baking sheet and bake until brown and crisp, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool.
- When carrots are tender, turn off heat and let soup cool for 10 minutes. Remove thyme branches and stir in tahini. Using either an immersion blender, standard blender or food processor, purée soup until smooth. Return to pot and reheat if necessary. Taste and add lemon juice and more salt if desired.
- Serve soup garnished with the lemon zest, cilantro and pita wedges.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 223, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 503 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CARROT & GINGER SOUP
Low-fat and warming, this bean and vegetable soup makes a healthy lunch or dinner - for even more nutrients, top with sliced almonds
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, ginger and garlic, and fry for 5 mins until starting to soften. Stir in the nutmeg and cook for 1 min more.
- Pour in the stock, add the carrots, beans and their liquid, then cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the carrots are tender.
- Scoop a third of the mixture into a bowl and blitz the remainder with a hand blender or in a food processor until smooth. Return everything to the pan and heat until bubbling. Serve topped with the almonds and nutmeg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 19 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
This simple soup can be eaten hot or cold, in winter, or in summer. Many are aware of the healing benefits of carrots, mainly the antioxidant-rich carotenoids that are known to pack anticancer powers. We love them because they're a simple and delicious food. Combine them with a hefty dose of gelatin-rich bone broth, a touch of lemongrass and ginger, and you're left with a bowl of soup that beats any sugar-laden cold-pressed juice on the market.
Provided by Katherine & Ryan Harvey
Yield 4-6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the ghee or olive oil. Add the onion and sweat until translucent, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots, ginger, and lemongrass and stir to coat the vegetables with the ghee or oil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the broth and increase the heat to medium. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook until the carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, blending in batches if necessary. Season with sea salt to taste and serve immediately.
- Do Ahead:
- You can refrigerate the soup for up to 1 week, or freeze it for up to 6 months.
More about "carrot soup with ginger and lemon recipes"
CARROT GINGER SOUP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
5/5 (301)Category SoupCuisine American
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add the smashed garlic cloves (they’ll get blended later) and carrots to the pot and cook about 8 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the ginger, then add the apple cider vinegar, and then add 3 to 4 cups of broth, depending on your desired consistency. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the carrots are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add maple syrup, if desired.
CREAMY ROASTED CARROT SOUP - COOKIE AND KATE
4.9/5 (491)Calories 235 per servingCategory Soup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup, if desired.
- To prepare your carrots, peel them and then cut them on the diagonal so each piece is about ½″ thick at the widest part (see photos).
- Place the carrots on the baking sheet. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Toss until the carrots are lightly coated in oil and seasonings. Arrange them in a single layer.
- Roast the carrots until they’re caramelized on the edges and easily pierced through by a fork, 25 to 40 minutes, tossing halfway. (Heirloom carrot varieties will roast in as little as 25 minutes, but regular carrots are more dense and typically require 35 to 40 minutes.)
CREAMY ROASTED CARROT GINGER SOUP RECIPE | THE …
4.7/5 (52)Calories 149 per servingCategory Soup
- Arrange the carrots on a large lightly oiled sheet pan. Season the carrots lightly with salt and pepper and drizzle generously with olive oil. Roast in the 425 degrees F heated-oven for 45 minutes, turn over mid-way through. When the carrots are fork tender and nicely caramelized, remove them from the oven and set aside briefly.
- Once cool enough to touch, cut the carrots into chunks and place them in a large food processor with the garlic, ginger and 3 cups of the broth. Puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the carrot puree to a heavy cooking pot. Add the remaining broth, coriander and allspice. Place the pot on medium heat and watch carefully as the soup will bubble. Stir occasionally.
CARROT GINGER SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
CARROT GINGER SOUP RECIPE | DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
GINGER LEMON CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | COOKING ON THE …
TOP 43 CARROT GINGER SOUP RECIPE EPICURIOUS RECIPES
SOUP RECIPES: HOW TO MAKE A HEALTHY CARROT AND GINGER SOUP IN …
10 EASY PLANT-BASED RECIPES THAT WILL NOURISH AND DELIGHT
15 EASY VEGAN VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPES – HAPPY MUNCHER
CARROT SOUP WITH GINGER AND LEMON - HANDY.RECIPES
WARMING CARROT, GINGER AND TURMERIC SOUP | LAUREN CARIS COOKS
LENTIL & CARROT GINGER SOUP TOPPED WITH CRISPY SUMAC CARROTS AND …
CARROT GINGER SOUP - SIMPLE GREEN SMOOTHIES
CARROT AND GINGER SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CARROT GINGER SOUP - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
CARROT GINGER SOUP RECIPE (EASY TO MAKE!) - FOOLPROOF LIVING
GINGER CARROT SOUP RECIPE - ANNMARIEMICHAELS.COM
CREAMY CARROT SOUP RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
15 LOW FODMAP VEGETARIAN SOUP RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
CREAMY CARROT SOUP RECIPE - LEMON BLOSSOMS
CARROT GINGER COCONUT SOUP - SUNGROWN KITCHEN
CREAMY CARROT SOUP (WITH LEMON AND DILL) | KITCHN
TOP 40 SLOW COOKER CARROT GINGER SOUP RECIPES
20+ BROTHY MEDITERRANEAN DIET SOUP RECIPES | EATINGWELL
RECIPES THAT UTILIZE CARROTS AND CELERY THAT ARE NOT BEEF STEW OR ...
SOUP RECIPES TO HELP KEEP YOU WARM THIS WEEKEND
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #soups-stews #vegetables #potluck #dinner-party #holiday-event #kosher #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #christmas #hanukkah #thanksgiving #gluten-free #rosh-hashanah #free-of-something #to-go #equipment
Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe - Best EVER carrot soup!89.3K views-08:26
Carrot Soup with Turmeric, Ginger, Lemon Grass and Gremolata2.5K views-03:49
carrot ginger soup recipe | carrot and ginger soup | ginger carrot soup591.8K views-02:36
Carrot-Ginger Soup139.8K views-10:00
easy & delicious carrot ginger soup193 views-05:46
How to Make Deliciously Creamy Carrot Soup539.1K views-04:00
You'll also love