GERMAN CELERY ROOT SALAD
Celery root salad (Selleriesalat) is a staple in Germany in winter. You can buy it ready-made in a jar but my mom always made it for us from scratch. If you like, you can add garlic or fresh herbs, but I prefer it plain.
Provided by Lydia68
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine celeriac pieces, water, and 1 tablespoon salt in a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until celeriac is soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain, reserving cooking liquid, and set aside to cool, about 1 hour. Cube celeriac and place in a bowl with onion.
- Stir together cooled cooking liquid, vinegar, and sugar. Pour over celeriac and onion. Add oil and mix well. Season with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237.7 calories, Carbohydrate 46.6 g, Fat 4.6 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 2149.2 mg, Sugar 14.2 g
CELERY ROOT SALAD
This is one of my favorite winter salads. I often make a large bowl and store it in the fridge because the salad keeps well and intensifies in flavor over time. If you like, you can top the salad with chopped parsley.
Provided by barbara
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Peel and quarter celery root. Place in a pot of lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut into slices and place into a salad bowl.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour dressing over celery root. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours to intensify flavors.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279.8 calories, Carbohydrate 22.2 g, Fat 21.1 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 227.9 mg, Sugar 4 g
Make this salad just before serving to avoid extracting excess moisture from the celeriac and producing a watery dressing. Celeriac is also sold as celery root or celery knob. Use a mandoline to produce paper-thin slices.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cornichons, capers, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until well combined. Fold in tarragon and parsley; set aside.
- Slice celeriac, using a Japanese mandoline fitted with the julienne blade, into 1/8-inch-thick strips into a large bowl. Add mayonnaise mixture, and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
CELERIAC SALAD (CELERY ROOT)
If you haven't tried Celery root try it. It looks very ugly unpeeled but when undressed look 100% better. It has the flavor of celery and can be used in so many ways.
Provided by Bergy
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place celery root& cucumbers in a salad bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients (start off slow with the sour cream you can always add more) Mix well and pour over the celery root& cukes.
- Chill well.
- Serve on a bed of greens and if you wish garnish with strips of red& green sweet pepper.
CELERIAC AND CELERY SALAD
This is a really clean salad, fantastic with fish or cold meats. For it to be as delicate as it should be, the celery and celeriac should be very finely sliced. You can do this by hand with a knife or with a mandolin slicer, which you can pick up really cheaply. It will make the job so much easier.
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 2
- All you have to do is strip back the celery and peel the celeriac and then finely slice. Place in a bowl with some chopped flat-leaf parsley and a handful of pomegranate seeds (make sure you use just the red seeds, not the bitter yellow stuff). Season and dress with olive oil and lemon juice dressing. This salad can be dressed a little before you need it, as opposed to at the table. Place on a large plate and sprinkle with some extra pomegranate seeds. Sometimes I crumble goat's cheese over this, or some ricotta salata which I encrust with dried herbs, salt and pepper, drizzled with olive oil and bake until golden in a hot oven.
- All you have to do is strip back the celery and peel the celeriac and then finely slice. Place in a bowl with some chopped flat-leaf parsley and a handful of pomegranate seeds (make sure you use just the red seeds, not the bitter yellow stuff). Season and dress with olive oil and lemon juice dressing. This salad can be dressed a little before you need it, as
More about "celeriac salad celery root recipes"
15 CELERIAC RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
ROASTED CELERY ROOT (CELERIAC) SALAD - EVERYDAY HEALTHY …
CELERIAC (CELERY ROOT) APPLE AND CARROT SALAD - THE BOSSY …
CELERY ROOT SALAD RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
RAW CELERIAC SALAD RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
CELERY ROOT RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
FRENCH-STYLE CELERY ROOT SALAD (REMOULADE) RECIPE - THE …
4.2/5 (17)Total Time 10 minsCategory Side Dish, SaladCalories 104 per serving
MAMA CHAPMAN'S POTATO SALAD RECIPE - TODAY.COM
PULLED CELERIAC (CELERY ROOT) BIRRIA TACOS : VEGANRECIPES
CELERIAC SALAD | MAGNOLIA DAYS
20 CELERY ROOT RECIPES THAT CELEBRATE THIS UNDERRATED VEGETABLE
VERSATILE VEGETABLE CELERY ROOT - CELERIAC RECIPES - DELISH
CELERIAC, CHESTNUT & PROSCIUTTO COUSCOUS SALAD - AINSLEY HARRIOTT
CELERY ROOT REMOULADE IS THE BEST WINTER SLAW | MYRECIPES
CIDER GLAZED CELERY ROOT WITH WALNUTS | THE FIRST MESS
10 LOW CARB CELERY ROOT RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE - INSANELY GOOD
WARM BEETROOT AND CELERIAC SALAD | FOOD & HOME MAGAZINE
30 PALEO CELERIAC RECIPES (A.K.A CELERY ROOT) - PALEO GRUBS
9 CELERY ROOT RECIPES WE'RE CRAVING | TASTE OF HOME
How to Make a Celery Root Remoulade Salad26K views-08:00
CELERY ROOT SALAD - Perfect Side Dish with Everything - LOW CARB3.4K views-03:44
Celeriac Recipes 3 Ways - Celeriac Chips, Celeriac Stew, Raw Celeriac Salad8.1K views-07:35
Celery Root Salad : Healthy Eating4.6K views-06:30
How to make a great Celery salad - German Recipes - klaskitchen.com - simple recipes8.1K views-06:16
Celeriac Remoulade | Kitchen Daddy2.6K views-05:31
You'll also love