EASY CHICKPEA CURRY (CHANNA MASALA) RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: vegetable oil, large onion, garlic, ginger, jalapeño, garam masala, turmeric, salt, black pepper, fresh tomato, chickpeas, water, lemon, fresh cilantro
Provided by Jordan Kenna
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until onion becomes translucent and begins to brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and jalapeño. Continue to cook over medium heat until garlic is fragrant and jalapeño is tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garam masala, turmeric, salt, and pepper then continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, and water. Stir to incorporate, making sure to use the spoon the scrape off any brown bits that have appeared on the bottom or sides of the pot.
- As the tomatoes break down, the mixture should take on the texture of a thick stew. Add more water if needed before bringing everything to a simmer and then cover with a lid.
- Once covered, cook for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid, reduce heat to low and mix in the lemon juice and chopped cilantro. Cook over low heat 1-2 minutes until the cilantro has wilted and turned bright green.
- Serve over basmati rice or with a side of naan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268 calories, Carbohydrate 43 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 12 grams, Protein 11 grams, Sugar 11 grams
CHANA MASALA (CHICKPEAS AND TOMATOES)
- Heat oil in a 6-quart Dutch oven or large heavy pot over medium heat; saute onion until translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and saute until softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, coriander, paprika, ginger, turmeric, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and cinnamon to onion mixture; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir chickpeas, tomatoes in juice, remaining 1/2 cup water, and bay leaf into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended, about 10 minutes. Stir coconut milk into chickpea and tomato mixture; simmer for 2 to 3 more minutes. Add more water if needed and season with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 485.6 calories, Carbohydrate 43.5 g, Fat 31.7 g, Fiber 10.2 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 21.4 g, Sodium 603.2 mg, Sugar 4 g
More about "chana masala savory indian chick peas recipes"
AUTHENTIC CHANA MASALA (INDIAN CHICKPEA CURRY) - TEA FOR …
5/5 (89)Calories 220 per servingCategory Main Course, Side Course
- Heat a medium, heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds and onion. Sauté for 7-8 minutes, until golden. If the mixture gets dry, deglaze with 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and green chili pepper and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Deglaze the pan with a tablespoon of water (if needed), and add all the spice powders. Give it a few stirs to roast the spices, and then add the tomatoes. Continue to sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Mix in the chickpeas, baking powder (if using), salt, and 2 cups of water.
- Raise the heat to high to bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium, cover and let cook for 25-30 minutes, until the chickpeas are very tender.
- Uncover and raise the heat to high. Use a wooden spatula to slightly crush the chickpeas. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes to desired consistency. Taste and adjust salt and seasoning. Turn off the heat and add the garam masala or chaat masala, lemon juice, and cilantro leaves. Sprinkle with julienned ginger and black pepper, if desired.
CHANA MASALA (EASY INDIAN CHICKPEA CURRY) – MASALACHILLI
5/5 (7)Category Main Course, Side DishCuisine Indian, North IndianTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Pressure cook 2 cups of over night Soaked Chickpeas with 4 cups of water. Add salt while pressure cooking so the chickpeas don't taste bland. After pressure cooking, drain the water and keep aside. This will be used to adjust the gravy consistency. Do not discard.
- Prep the ingredients while the chickpeas arepressure cooking. Finely chop the onions, Puree the tomatoes and mince gingerpaste, garlic cloves and green chillies in the mixer grinder and set aside.
- Now add the minced ginger-garlic-green chillies paste and saute welluntil there is no raw smell. Now add the chopped onions and cook them on low heat until they arebrown in colour.
CHANA MASALA RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
5/5 (479)Total Time 50 minsCategory SideCalories 193 per serving
CHANA MASALA | CHOLE RECIPE | PUNJABI CHOLE MASALA
CHANA MASALA RECIPE | CHICKPEA MASALA | CHANA MASALA …
CHANA MASALA RECIPE RESTAURANT STYLE | INDIAN …
AN INSTANT POT CHANA MASALA RECIPE FOR CREAMY, SPICED CHICKPEAS
TOP 45 CHICK A PEA RECIPES - FORREST.QUALITYPOOLSBOULDER.COM
CHANA MASALA RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
TOP 42 INDIAN CHICKPEAS AND POTATOES RECIPES
CHANA MASALA (SAVORY INDIAN CHICK PEAS) RECIPE
CHANA MASALA (SAVORY INDIAN CHICK PEAS) - NONONSENSE.RECIPES
CHICKEN CHANA MASALA (CHICKEN CHANNAY) - THE HINT OF ROSEMARY
CHANA MASALA (SAVORY INDIAN CHICK PEAS) - FERRY.DIXIESEWING.COM
21 DINNERS THAT START WITH A CAN OF CHICKPEAS - ALLRECIPES
CHANA MASALA - COOK WITH MANALI
SAVORY CHANA MASALA (INDIAN CHICKPEAS) | ANITA'S KITCHEN
EASY CHANA MASALA RECIPE (SPICY CHICKPEA STEW) - BOULDER …
CHANA MASALA (SAVORY INDIAN CHICK PEAS) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
TOP 41 CHICKPEAS RECIPES - CALABRESE.QUALITYPOOLSBOULDER.COM
CHANA MASALA (SAVORY INDIAN CHICK PEAS)
TOP 42 PEAS MASALA RECIPE RECIPES - MLARAKEWONG.JODYMARONI.COM
SAVORY CHICKPEAS IN TANGY TOMATO GLAZE (CHANA MASALA)
Chana masala — Indian-style chickpeas in spicy gravy1.4M views-10:36
Chana Masala - Restaurant Style | Punjabi Style| Savory Indian Chick Peas| Desi Fusion Kitchen155 views-10:52
Chana Masala Recipe • Chickpea Curry Recipe • Chole Bhature Recipe • How To Make Chickpeas Recipe780.1K views-04:23
Chana Masala- Easy Chickpea Curry Recipe571.6K views-03:31
Chana masala recipe! chickpeas and potato curry by Food with Chetna112.1K views-05:52
RESTAURANT STYLE CHICKPEA CURRY(VEGAN) | PUNJABI CHOLE MASALA57.3K views-07:56
You'll also love