CHEWY CHERRY BARS
- HEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT butter and brown sugar in medium bowl until smooth and fluffy. Beat in extract. Mix in flour, baking powder and oats until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1/2-cup for topping. Pat remaining crumbs into bottom of prepared pan.
- SPOON preserves evenly over crumb crust in pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping.
- BAKE 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars.
CHEWY NO-BAKE GRAIN AND OAT BARS
These easy to make, customizable bars are packed with enough virtuous things that you might almost forget they're dessert. Pack them in lunches, take them on road trips, or serve them for family movie nights-everyone will be happy.
Provided by Liesel Davis
Yield Makes 15
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Butter a 13x9" baking dish. Toss puffed cereals, oats, and dried fruits, nuts, seeds and/or coconut (all mix-ins except chocolate chips) in a large bowl with your hands to evenly distribute.
- Bring brown sugar, honey, salt, and 4 Tbsp. butter to a boil in a small saucepan and let cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in nut butter and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over puffed rice mixture and stir with a large rubber spatula until everything is evenly coated. If using chocolate chips, let mixture cool about 5 minutes before mixing in.
- Scrape mixture into prepared dish and press and compact down into an even layer with buttered hands. Let cool at least 1 hour before cutting into bars.
- Do Ahead
- Bars can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
To help the chopped peanuts adhere to the chocolate topping, make sure you sprinkle them on top of the chocolate right after it's spread over the bars.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. In small bowl, stir flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In medium microwavable bowl, place butter and peanut butter. Microwave on High 30 to 45 seconds or until butter is melted. Add brown sugar and egg yolk; stir until mixed. Stir in vanilla and flour mixture. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Spread in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until just firm to the touch. Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle with remaining 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until chips have softened. Spread softened chips evenly over top. Sprinkle with peanuts. Cool on cooling rack. Cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110, Carbohydrate 12 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Bar, Sodium 70 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 0 g
CHEWY PECAN BARS
A friend from Texas gave me this recipe years ago. Because it's so easy to make, I've relied on it quite often.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Spread butter evenly in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture until well blended. Stir in pecans., Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until browned. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 50mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
CRANBERRY-PEAR CRUMBLE BARS
Sweet pears and tart cranberries pair perfectly in these treats, which are part bar cookie, and part fruit crisp. Here, both crust and crumble topping are made from the same almond flour-rolled oat mixture mixture, giving it a nutty flavor. Precooking the filling allows the fruit to soften and release some juices ahead of time so the bottom crust stays nice and crisp. The result is a chewy, fruity cookie that just as easily a perfect afternoon snack as it is a paired with some ice cream for dessert. Choose pears that are on the firm side of ripe: Comice and Anjou both work great.
Provided by Yossy Arefi
Categories cookies and bars, dessert
Yield One 9x9-inch pan
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare filling: Peel, core and chop the pears into 1/2-inch pieces. You should have about 2 1/2 cups of chopped pears. Add pears, cranberries, sugar and orange juice to a heavy-bottomed skillet or saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until pears soften, cranberries burst, and juices are thickened and jammy, 7 to 10 minutes. Add vanilla, orange zest and fresh ginger and stir to combine. Remove from heat and let cool while you prepare the crust.
- Prepare crust and crumble: In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, almond flour, oats and salt. Stir to combine. Add butter and almond extract, and stir until crumbs are well moistened.
- Reserve about 2 1/2 cups/360 grams of the mixture for the topping. Pour remaining crumbs into prepared dish and press them into an even layer. Bake the crust until golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spoon filling (it's O.K. if it's still warm) evenly over the hot crust, top with reserved crumbs, and return pan to oven. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let the bars cool slightly before cutting and serving.
BROWN SUGAR BLONDIES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, walnuts, butter, eggs, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl by hand until smooth. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and edges have started to pull away from the sides of the pan, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260.3 calories, Carbohydrate 37.3 g, Cholesterol 45.9 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 194.2 mg, Sugar 27.1 g
BUTTER PECAN COOKIE BARS WITH PENUCHE DRIZZLE
I have made these Butter Pecan Cookie Bars for many, many years. They are rich, chewy, nutty and buttery-all the good stuff. They freeze well, that is, if they last long enough. A little drizzle of old-fashioned penuche icing takes them over the top. -Kallee Krong-McCreery, Escondido, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in eggs, then vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in 3/4 cup pecans. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans., Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack., For icing, in a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in brown sugar; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add milk; cook and stir 30 seconds. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Immediately drizzle over bars; let stand until set. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 103mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
People also searched
More about "chewy brown sugar pear bars recipes"
PEAR & CREAM CHEESE BARS RECIPE - LAND O'LAKES
3/5 (4)Calories 130 per servingServings 32
- Combine butter and 2/3 cup brown sugar in bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Add all remaining crust ingredients; continue beating until well mixed.
- Press half of crust mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 9-11 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Combine all pear mixture ingredients in bowl. Toss to combine and coat chopped pear; set aside.
CHEWY PEAR BARS - AND WHY I'M THANKFUL TO GOD AND ...
Reviews 72Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- In a medium mixing bowl, place crust ingredients. Using a long tined fork or pastry cutter, cut and stir ingredients until crumbly. Press into bottom of a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- While crust is baking, use the same bowl to combine brown sugar, graham crumbs for the filling, and flour. Stir well until flour is well incorporated. Stir in cinnamon, ginger, salt, and baking powder. Add eggs and vanilla and stir until batter is formed. Fold in chopped pears.
- Pour filling browned crust and spread to the edges. Return to oven and bake an addition 25-30 minutes, or until mixture is set in the center. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
BROWN BUTTER CHOCOLATE PEAR COOKIES - PARSLEY AND ICING
CHEWY BROWNIES RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
REDUCED-SUGAR QUICK AND CHEWY CRESCENT BARS RECIPE ...
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS - KING ARTHUR BAKING
PECAN CHEWY CAKE (PECAN CHEWIES ... - SOULFULLY MADE
SOFT AND CHEWY GRANOLA BARS - INSPIRED TASTE
SOUTHERN PLATE CHEWY BROWN SUGAR PEAR BARS | DESSERT ...
15 CHEWY OATMEAL BAR RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHEWY BROWN SUGAR BARS - THERESCIPES.INFO
BROWN SUGAR OATMEAL BARS - COOKING WITH CARLEE
EASY BROWN SUGAR WALNUT BARS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHEWY GRANOLA BARS - KING ARTHUR BAKING
CHEWY BROWN SUGAR PEAR BARS | CHEWY SUGAR COOKIES, JUST ...
CHEWY MUESLI BARS - COOKING FOR OSCAR
CHEWY BROWN SUGAR BARS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SOUTHERN PLATE CHEWY BROWN SUGAR PEAR BARS | CHEWY SUGAR ...
BUTTER PECAN BARS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHARLESTON CHEWIES WITH PECANS AND BROWN SUGAR - BISCUITS ...
THE DUTCH BAKER'S DAUGHTER: BANANA-PEAR CHEWY GRANOLA BARS ...
HOMEMADE CHEWY GRANOLA BARS - FRESH OFF THE GRID
BROWN SUGAR CHEWY BARS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHEWY DARK CHOCOLATE GRANOLA BARS | RICARDO
EASY APPLE BROWNIE BARS RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHEWY BROWN SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - THESPRUCEEATS.COM
SOFT AND CHEWY SUGAR COOKIE BARS - THE BUSY BAKER
FRESH PEAR CAKE WITH WHIPPED BROWN SUGAR BUTTERCREAM - A ...
CHEWY HOMEMADE GRANOLA BARS [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE] - ONE ...
CHEWY HOMESTYLE BARS WITH RASPBERRY YOGURT ICING | METRO
CHEWY TOFFEE PECAN BARS - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
CHEWY PEAR BARS | DESSERTS | CATEGORIES | RECIPES | OUR ...
CHEWY GRANOLA BARS - THE MONDAY BOX - EASY RECIPES FOR ...
CHEWY BROWN SUGAR BARS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHEWY GRANOLA BARS - COUNTRY AT HEART RECIPES
QUICK AND CHEWY CRESCENT BARS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CHEWY CHOCOLATE ALMOND BARS | DONNA HAY
CHEWY GRANOLA BARS: EASY, NO-BAKE, CUSTOMIZABLE RECIPE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake pear bread crust?Heat oven to 350°F. Combine butter and 2/3 cup brown sugar in bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Add all remaining crust ingredients; continue beating until well mixed. Press half of crust mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 9-11 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Combine all pear mixture ingredients in bowl.
What is the best way to cook pears in the oven?Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Prepare filling: Peel, core and chop the pears into 1/2-inch pieces. You should have about 2 1/2 cups of chopped pears. Add pears, cranberries, sugar and orange juice to a heavy-bottomed skillet or saucepan.
What are pears and spices and cream cheese?Search recipes, ingredients, articles, products... Pears, spices and cream cheese are layered between a crunchy oat crust and topping. What does this mean? When you see this badge, you know it will be good!
How do you make pears with cranberries and orange juice?You should have about 2 1/2 cups of chopped pears. Add pears, cranberries, sugar and orange juice to a heavy-bottomed skillet or saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until pears soften, cranberries burst, and juices are thickened and jammy, 7 to 10 minutes.