SOUR CREAM CHICKEN PAPRIKA
My father would make this when I was a child. When I make it now, it reminds me of home. It is a milk, rich and creamy recipe. My family's all time favorite! A one-skillet dish. Serve over hot cooked egg noodles or rice, if desired.
Provided by DEME
Number Of Ingredients 9
- You can leave breasts whole or cut them up, whatever your preference. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and pan-fry until cooked through and juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, cook onion in butter until translucent but not brown, about 5 to 8 minutes. Season with paprika and salt. Pour chicken stock into the pan, and bring all to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; mix flour with sour cream until smooth, then whisk into chicken stock. Place chicken in skillet; simmer until chicken is heated through and sauce has thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363.4 calories, Carbohydrate 8.6 g, Cholesterol 104.9 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 30.1 g, SaturatedFat 11.3 g, Sodium 430.9 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
CHICKEN IN SOUR CREAM PAPRIKA SAUCE
This is a favorite family meal I serve often during the chilly winter months. Warm, comforting, and fairly easy to fix. Purists beware -while this may remind some of vaguely of a Hungarian Paprikash dish, this is NOT at all claiming to be a traditional recipe - just a comforting chicken dish in a creamy, red sauce that I like to serve over steamed dumplings. You may also serve this over buttered egg noodles, if you choose. If you use fresh mushrooms in this, I recommend peeling off their outer skin first so they do not release so much water.
Provided by HeatherFeather
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Lightly dust chicken chunks with some flour- just enough to coat.
- Set a large nonstick stock pot on medium-high heat and add a tsp or two of oil (a little more if your pan is not nonstick)- just enough to prevent sticking.
- Sauté chicken in the pan just to brown lightly on all sides- not to cook all the way through yet.
- Remove from pan using a slotted spoon and set in a covered dish to keep warm.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the pan and sauté until lightly browned, adding another tsp of oil only if needed.
- Add tomato soup (undiluted), then fill the soup can halfway with water and add that water to the pan.
- Stir in sour cream, the bay leaf, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper (or to taste), and 2 tsp of paprika, either sweet or spicy (in this I prefer the sweet)- your choice.
- Add chicken chunks back to the pan, stir, cover pan, and lower heat and let simmer approximately 30-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and is tender (meanwhile, start cooking your dumplings/noodles).
- Check the seasonings, adding a bit more salt, pepper, and/or paprika only if needed.
- Remove bay leaf and serve ladled over freshly cooked dumplings or hot buttered egg noodles in bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256.4, Fat 12.5, SaturatedFat 5.3, Cholesterol 92.6, Sodium 555.2, Carbohydrate 9.6, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 6.2, Protein 26.5
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH SOUR CREAM
Slow-cooking dark leg meat results in incredibly tender, flavorful chicken. However, if you prefer white meat you can substitute bone-in chicken breasts. Placing the onions on the bottom of the slow cooker will ensure that they become silky soft as the chicken releases its juices, creating a heady sauce.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories Slow Cooker Chicken Dairy Garlic Herb Onion Kid-Friendly Back to School Dinner Family Reunion Sour Cream Sugar Conscious Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Small Plates
Yield Makes 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In slow cooker, stir together onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and paprika. Spread mixture evenly over bottom of insert.
- Rub garlic halves over chicken, then sprinkle chicken with pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. In medium saucepan over moderately high heat, heat butter and oil until hot but not smoking. Add chicken pieces and brown, turning occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker (do not clean pan), layering chicken on top of onion mixture.
- In same saucepan over high heat, bring stock to simmer, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Pour over chicken in slow cooker, cover, and cook on low until chicken is tender but not falling off bone, 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir sour cream into sauce. Garnish with dill and serve.
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH II
Chicken pieces stewed in a sauce mixture including the traditional Hungarian ingredient - paprika - along with other spices and sour cream. This is our family recipe for Chicken Paprikash. Very good on cold days, and good served over dumplings.
Provided by SHAELYNUMBER10
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat bacon grease in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and paprika. Stir together and saute until onion is translucent. Add chicken pieces and pour water over all. Cook over medium heat for 1 hour, adding more water if necessary.
- Stir in tomatoes, reserving liquid. Stir liquid into a medium bowl with flour and sour cream; mix until well blended, then slowly add mixture to chicken, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture is thick.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 541.1 calories, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 149.5 mg, Fat 32.9 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 43.9 g, SaturatedFat 13.1 g, Sodium 736 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN PAPRIKA
While my host parents are in Bali for a holiday, I tried to practice cooking most of night and I was looking for sour cream recipe last night. and I found lovely recipe in internet. It says chicken breast but I had only chiken thighs on hand so I used them instead chicken breast also, I added mushroom and sweet red pepper and served with rice. Chicken was nice and tender the sauce was nice and rich & goes really well with rice!!
Provided by tomoko matsunaga
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- You can leave breats whole or cut them up, whatever your preference.
- In a large skillet, fry chicken in oil until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove chiken from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter and onion to skillet.
- Saute onion until translucent, not brown.
- Add paprika and salt and stir.
- Then add stock and bring all to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and add the sour cream mixture (to smooth sour cream lumps, use a whisk.) Add reserved chiken to skillet and simmer in sauce until chiken heated throgh and sauce has thickened.
- (if sauce doesn't seem to be thickened enogh, add little bit more flour and stir well).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 413.4, Fat 25.3, SaturatedFat 12.1, Cholesterol 109.8, Sodium 603.7, Carbohydrate 13.3, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 4.1, Protein 33.1
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH (AKA: SOUR CREAM SOUP)
A great Hungarian meal. My Italian Grandmother use to make this for my Hungarian Grandfather. This is how I remembered how it was made.
Provided by plove53
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- -Ina large pot place in enough oil to brown chicken pieces on both sides (only for a few minutes on each side).
- -Afteryou browned the chicken add enough water to go over chicken (around an inch over chicken).
- Add Salt and Pepper.
- -Addin onions.
- Bring to a boil then let simmer until chicken in tender and done (around an hour).
- -Removechicken and set aside.
- -Addthe Paprika to pot then stir in Sour Cream.
- -Placecooked chicken back into pot and cook around 30 minutes more (until you get the thickness of the sauce you like).
- -Addover cooked Linguini.
- If you like to save a few calories use Light Sour Cream or Yogurt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1183.8, Fat 60.7, SaturatedFat 25.3, Cholesterol 223.1, Sodium 229.3, Carbohydrate 94.7, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 4, Protein 61.9
People also searched
More about "chicken paprikash with sour cream recipes"
ROAST CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH WATERCRESS AND DILLED SOUR CREAM
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
CHICKEN PAPRIKA SOUR CREAM RECIPE RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
HUNGARIAN CHICKEN PAPRIKASH RECIPE - EUROPE DISHES
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH SOUR CREAM : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
HUNGARIAN CHICKEN PAPRIKASH (TRADITIONAL RECIPE)
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH PASTA RECIPE | THEHUB FROM WALMART …
RECIPE FOR PAPRIKA CHICKEN WITH SOUR CREAM GRAVY - THE …
PAPRIKA CHICKEN WITH SOUR CREAM - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
QUICK CHICKEN PAPRIKASH | CHICKEN.CA
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH RECIPE; A BELOVED HUNGARIAN DISH
SOUR CREAM CHICKEN PAPRIKA - ADVOCARETEXASBOWL
PAPRIKA CHICKEN WITH SOUR CREAM SAUCE - COOKIDOO
CHICKEN PAPRIKA SOUR CREAM RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
Chicken Paprikash In A Sour Cream Sauce864 views-04:28
The best Hungarian Chicken Paprikash5.9K views-04:05
Paprika Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy4.1K views-01:50
Chicken Paprikash (Paprika Chicken)123K views-05:59
Creamy Hungarian Chicken Paprikash - Paprikás Csirke1.4K views-07:31
Chicken Paprikash with Michael's Home Cooking3.6K views-07:22
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Hungarian chicken paprikash?Hungarian chicken paprikash has an easy recipe with accessible ingredients you can find in every grocery store. To cook paprikash, you must first fry the chopped garlic and onion in oil or lard. Be careful not to overbrown them; we want to add a little gold color to them. If you’re using tomatoes and pepper, add them to the onion at this step.
How do you cook chicken and sauce with sour cream?-Addthe Paprika to pot then stir in Sour Cream. -Placecooked chicken back into pot and cook around 30 minutes more (until you get the thickness of the sauce you like). -Addover cooked Linguini.
What does paprika do to chicken breast?Paprika gives these simple bone-in chicken breasts color and sweetness, with a subtle, interesting bitterness. The two-part process bakes the chicken with onions and broth, then uses the resulting flavorful juices to make a sour cream gravy.
Can Chicken paprikash be frozen?Can Chicken Paprikash be Frozen? Yes! You can freeze it in an airtight container and store it for up to 2 months. This is a great recipe to cook in advance or make more and freeze leftovers. Remove from the freezer and thaw for 24 hours in a fridge. Place in a deep pan and cook until bubbly and heat up through.