CHICKEN POSOLE VERDE SOUP
One of my favorite casual restaurants in Las Vegas is Chino Latino in the Cosmopolitan Hotel. They have the best Chicken Posole Verde that I tried to duplicate at home. Serve garnished with cilantro, avocado, and lime wedges.
Provided by Valerie
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker; cook on Low until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 4 1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Shred chicken in a large pot; add cumin, black pepper, adobo seasoning, and lime juice and mix well.
- Place tomatillos and serrano peppers in a clear microwave-safe bag. Seal bag and pierce a few times with a knife to vent. Microwave until soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Put softened tomatillos, serrano peppers, onion, garlic, cilantro, and salt in a blender and blend until salsa verde is smooth.
- Mix chicken stock and hominy with shredded chicken in the large pot. Add half of the salsa verde to the shredded chicken.
- Simmer over medium heat until flavors are well-mixed, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179.3 calories, Carbohydrate 12.4 g, Cholesterol 58.9 mg, Fat 3.4 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 23.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 1230.4 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
CHICKEN POSOLE VERDE
It is more authentic using chicken breast halves with bones and skin but I wanted to lighten it up a bit. You can top with finely chopped onion, diced avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips and lime wedges- if desired.
Provided by QueenJellyBean
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large pot bring the chicken stock and water to a boil. Add the chicken breasts and simmer over very low heat until they're tender and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate and shred the meat.
- In a blender or food processor combine the halved tomatillos with the quartered onion, poblanos and jalapeños, smashed garlic, chopped cilantro and oregano. Pulse until coarsely chopped; stopping occasionally and scraping down the side. With the machine on, add 1 cup of the broth and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large deep skillet, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the tomatillo puree and cook over medium heat, until the sauce turns a deep green, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
- Pour the green sauce into the broth in the casserole. Add the hominy and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Add the shredded chicken to the stew, season with salt and pepper and cook just until heated through.
- Serve the pozole in deep bowls, topping with onion, avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips and lime wedges if desired. We just usually eat it with a sprinkling of tortilla strips.
POZOLE VERDE CON POLLO
In Mexico, dishes can be interpreted in so many different ways depending on your sazón (personal taste), what part of the country you live in and what fruits and vegetables grow there. Pozole verde is a dish that I have always loved, and anywhere I travel in Mexico, I need to try it.
Provided by Rick Martinez
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat the bacon fat in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the poblanos, jalapeños, scallion whites, pepitas, garlic, cumin, coriander, allspice and salt. (Use 3 tablespoons Diamond Crystal kosher salt or 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Morton kosher salt.) Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatillos and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften and begin to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Working in batches, transfer some of the vegetable mixture to a blender, add some of the chicken broth and puree. Transfer the pureed mixture to a large bowl and continue until all the vegetables and broth have been blended. Return the pureed mixture to the pot and add the hominy. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low, cover and simmer until the flavors come together, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cilantro, scallion greens and 2 cups water in the blender (you don't need to rinse it out!). Puree until completely smooth.
- Add the chicken and cilantro puree to the stew, remove from the heat and stir. Let sit until the chicken is heated through. Serve the pozole with the onion, radishes, avocado, chicharrones, oregano and lime wedges.
INSTANT POT® CHICKEN POSOLE VERDE
You can have posole without having to stand over the stove for hours. Let your multi-functional pressure cooker do the work for you. Garnish with avocado slices, lime wedges, sliced radish, jalapeno slices, and/or tortilla strips.
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine tomatillos, poblano pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic in a blender; blend until smooth. Set salsa verde aside.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add olive oil, chicken, onion, oregano, and cumin; cook for 5 minutes. Add salsa verde, hominy, and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Close and lock the lid. Select Manual function according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Ladle posole into bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.6 calories, Carbohydrate 37.2 g, Cholesterol 66.9 mg, Fat 15.8 g, Fiber 6.5 g, Protein 22.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 996.7 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
People also searched
More about "chicken pozole verde recipes"
POSOLE VERDE WITH CHICKEN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.9/5 (83)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 6-8
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium. Cook yellow onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until very tender, 12–15 minutes. Add coriander, cumin, and ½ tsp. oregano and cook, stirring constantly, until very fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken and 12 cups water. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered and reducing heat as needed to maintain a very gentle simmer, until chicken is cooked through (if it isn’t completely submerged, you can turn it once or twice) and legs wiggle easily in their joints, 40–50 minutes. At this point, you can let chicken and broth cool, then chill overnight.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425◦. Spread tomatillos, poblano chiles, serrano chiles, and peppers on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, tossing once or twice, until tomatillos are tender and peppers are browned and collapsing, 30–40 minutes. Let cool.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board, reserving broth, and let cool until easy to handle. Remove meat from bones and shred into bite-size pieces. Discard bones.
MEXICAN CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE RECIPE - ANYA VON …
5/5 Category Chicken
- In a large, enameled cast-iron casserole, bring the chicken stock and water to a boil. Add the chicken breasts, skin side down, cover and simmer over very low heat until they're tender and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate and shred the meat; discard the bones and skin. Skim any fat from the cooking liquid and reserve.
- In a blender, combine the halved tomatillos with the quartered onion, poblanos and jalapeños, smashed garlic, chopped cilantro and oregano. Pulse until coarsely chopped, scraping down the side. With the machine on, add 1 cup of the cooking liquid and puree until smooth. Season the tomatillo puree with salt and pepper.
- In a large deep skillet, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the tomatillo puree and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce turns a deep green, about 12 minutes.
- Pour the green sauce into the cooking liquid in the casserole. Add the hominy and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Add the shredded chicken to the stew, season with salt and pepper and cook just until heated through. Serve the pozole in deep bowls, passing the lettuce, radishes, onion, avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips and lime wedges at the table.
CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE (GREEN POZOLE) - MARICRUZ AVALOS ...
5/5 (1)Calories 466 per servingCategory Main Dish
CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE - STELLANSPICE.COM
MEXICAN STYLE CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE - RECIPES - TEXASREALFOOD
GREEN POZOLE WITH CHICKEN RECIPE - MAMA LATINA TIPS
RECIPE OF DELICIOUS CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE | 97RECIPES.COM
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN CHICKEN POZOLE RECIPE (FLAVORFUL ...
CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE + VIDEO - MUY BUENO COOKBOOK
POZOLE VERDE DE POLLO (GREEN PAZOLE WITH CHICKEN) – THE ...
MEXICAN CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE - DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
CHICKEN POSOLE VERDE RECIPE | PAMELA SALZMAN & RECIPES
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN POZOLE VERDE RECIPE - MY LATINA TABLE
GREEN POZOLE SOUP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EASY CHICKEN POSOLE VERDE - MEXICAN RECIPES - OLD EL PASO
RECIPE FOR POZOLE MEXICAN - THERESCIPES.INFO
A RECIPE FOR POZOLE VERDE - BY H.D. MILLER
CROCKPOT GREEN CHICKEN POZOLE (POZOLE VERDE) - RESTLESS ...
CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE - RECIPEED.COM
BEST POZOLE VERDE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE POZOLE VERDE
CHICKEN POSOLE VERDE RECIPE - YUMMY HEALTHY EASY
CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE — OLE RICO
CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE RECIPE – HERENCIA COOK BOOK
POZOLE VERDE DE POLLO (GREEN MEXICAN HOMINY AND CHICKEN ...
EASY POZOLE VERDE - MEXICAN PLEASE
POZOLE VERDE DE POLLO (CHICKEN POSOLE) + VIDEO - A SPICY ...
POZOLE VERDE WITH CHICKEN - CHEF'N
POZOLE VERDE WITH CHICKEN + VIDEO! (GLUTEN FREE, & FREEZER ...
CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE (POSOLE VERDE) - RECIPE BY BLACKBERRY ...
CHICKEN POZOLE (POZOLE VERDE DE POLLO) - LA PIñA EN LA COCINA
CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE (WEEKNIGHT EASY RECIPE!) - PINCH AND ...
EASY CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE – JESS PRYLES
HOMEMADE GREEN CHICKEN POZOLE - JUANITA'S FOODS
HEARTY POZOLE VERDE RECIPE | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN POZOLE RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE | CHICKEN | POZOLE | TASTE LIFE
POZOLE VERDE RECIPE EASY - SIMPLE CHEF RECIPE
POZOLE VERDE RECIPE CHICKEN - SIMPLE CHEF RECIPE
CHICKEN POZOLE VERDE | RECIPE IN 2022 | INSTANT POT SOUP ...
ISABEL EATS - EASY MEXICAN RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE POZOLE VERDE | GREEN CHICKEN POZOLE243K views-09:27
How to Make Pozole Verde de Pollo (Mexican Green Soup with Chicken and Hominy)135K views-02:53
Pozole Verde35K views-13:46
How To Make Green Pozole | Chicken Pozole Recipe | Mexican Pozole Recipe110K views-06:20
How to Make One-Pot Pozole Verde de Pollo (Mexican Hominy Soup With Chicken)26K views-02:53
THE BEST GREEN POZOLE | Pozole Verde137K views-08:04
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken posole Verde?Thanks for reading! Chicken Posole Verde with shredded chicken and tender hominy in a crazy flavorful verde broth. Pour chicken broth into a large soup pot and bring to a slow rolling boil. Add the chicken and cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and shred.
How to cook salsa verde with chicken?Put softened tomatillos, serrano peppers, onion, garlic, cilantro, and salt in a blender and blend until salsa verde is smooth. Mix chicken stock and hominy with shredded chicken in the large pot. Add half of the salsa verde to the shredded chicken. Simmer over medium heat until flavors are well-mixed, about 30 minutes.
What is chicken pozole verde made of?Mexican Chicken Pozole Verde. There are many variations on pozole, a traditional hominy-based Mexican stew closely associated with the Pacific-coast state of Guerrero. Anya von Bremzen's version, a green pozole, derives much of its flavor from tangy ingredients like tomatillos, cilantro and green chiles.
How do you make pozole?How to Make It. Pour the green sauce into the cooking liquid in the casserole. Add the hominy and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Add the shredded chicken to the stew, season with salt and pepper and cook just until heated through. Serve the pozole in deep bowls, passing the lettuce, radishes, onion, avocado, sour cream,...