AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE
This chili recipe is many years in the making and I have won several awards with it. I think you'll be pleased with it. You can alter it to your own spice levels to achieve your perfect chili. Garnish with shredded mozzarella cheese, and use corn chips for dipping.
Provided by CHEFJIMMY
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook green pepper, and onion, until softened. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Crumble over bouillon cubes, and stir in wine; continue to cook for a few minutes. Stir in chopped tomatoes, garlic, and tomato paste. Season with paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, and parsley. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover, and simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in kidney beans, and hot pepper sauce. You can add the reserved tomato juice if more liquid is needed. Continue to simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, corn meal, and water until smooth. Stir into chili, and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until chili has thickened up.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494.6 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Cholesterol 85.8 mg, Fat 27.2 g, Fiber 7.5 g, Protein 31.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 1211.6 mg, Sugar 9.2 g
CHILI CON CARNE
At chili suppers, this chili con carne recipe always disappears first! It's nice at home, too, since the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better the taste seems to get. -Janie Turner, Tuttle, Oklahoma
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings ( 2 1/2 qt.)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; crumble beef. Drain and set aside. , In the same pot, heat oil; saute onions until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the green pepper, salt, chili powder, bouillon, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin and oregano. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until combined. , Add tomatoes and browned beef. Stir in water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour. Add beans and heat through. If desired top with sour cream and jalapeno.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 892mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
CHILI CON CARNE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Cook the bacon in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and let cool, then crumble and set aside. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the saucepan (reserve the drippings). Increase the heat to medium high, add the beef and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon; wipe out the pan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved bacon drippings in the saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and 1 teaspoon salt and cook 2 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano and tomato paste and cook, stirring, until the tomato paste is brick red, about 6 minutes (add a splash of water if the mixture begins to stick). Add the beer and simmer until almost completely reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the beef and any juices from the plate; add the cocoa powder, tomatoes, beef broth and beans and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chili thickens slightly, about 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Stir the hot sauce into the chili and season with salt. Add some beef broth if the chili is too thick. Ladle into bowls and top with the crumbled bacon, cheese, scallions and/or sour cream.
CHILI CON CARNE
This hearty chili has just the right level of spice. One bite and you'll see why it's Betty's Best!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except beans. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 9 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 770 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 1 g
CHILI CON CARNE IN A FLASH
I know, some people might take offense to this cheater's version of chili preparation. Believe me, I do have my recipe for traditional, slow-cooking chili. But this is for those nights when you don't have much on hand and you're hungry. It sure beats peanut butter and jelly then!
Provided by JackieOhNo
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In medium skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion, chili powder, and garlic until onion is tender and beef is thoroughly cooked and no pink remains, stirring to break up meat. Drain off fat.
- Stir in beans, soup, water, and vinegar. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400.7, Fat 12.9, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 73.7, Sodium 436.1, Carbohydrate 38.5, Fiber 10.5, Sugar 7.6, Protein 33.9
CHILI CON CARNE
This recipe is based on Emeril's Chili con Carne recipe. It is my most favorite chili recipe so I thought I would share. The best thing about this recipe is that you don't use beans, but if you must have them, they can easily be added.
Provided by The Giggle Box
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the meat and stir to break up the pieces.
- Cook, stirring, until the meat is brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, green bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, Essence, salt, cumin, oregano, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Put the whole tomatoes in a large mixing bowl and squeeze them with your hands to break them into pieces.
- Add the squeezed tomatoes and their juices, the tomato paste, sugar, and water to the pot.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat, ladle into a large bowl and top with the shredded cheese and serve with Crackers or tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387.5, Fat 24.7, SaturatedFat 10, Cholesterol 89.2, Sodium 666.7, Carbohydrate 15.2, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 6.5, Protein 27.1
QUICK AND EASY CHILI CON CARNE
Make and share this Quick and Easy Chili Con Carne recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Cyndi Kate
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent. add minced garlic and continue to saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- In dutch oven, brown ground beef. Drain and add onions and garlic.
- Add spices and tomatoes with juice -- DO NOT DRAIN. Heat to boiling and simmer for one hour.
- Add beans (also DO NOT DRAIN) and heat through, approximately 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese and serve with hot biscuits or corn bread.
- If in a hurry, you can cook onions and garlic with the beef, and also add the kidney beans at the beginning and simmer the whole thing for as little as half an hour. It turns out fine, it's just that the flavor is not as developed.
People also searched
More about "chili con carne in a flash recipes"
HATCH CHILE CON CARNE - FRESH FOOD IN A FLASH
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dinner, Entree, Main Course, SoupCalories 327 per serving
- Roast Hatch chiles and red pepper on a grill until charred. Place in a plastic bag to steam for 10 minutes. Peel and seed the chiles and peppers.
- While roasting the chiles, in a large dutch oven, heat canola oil and onion over medium low heat and cook 5 minutes or until soft. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Sprinkle chile powder over mixture and cook for a minute until fragrant. Add tomato products, rinsing out the cans with the water and adding it to the mixture. Add celery and brown sugar. Add chiles and peppers when ready and the drained red kidney beans. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour. Flavors will develop with longer cooking. In last 15 minutes of cooking, add corn and heat through.
CHILI CON CARNE - THE SEASONED MOM
BEST HOMEMADE CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - KEY TO MY LIME
TEXAS-STYLE CHILI CON CARNE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine American, Tex-MexTotal Time 4 hrs 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 644 per serving
XLNT FOODS NATIONAL CHILI DAY GIVEAWAY 2023
CHILLI CON CARNE | RECIPETIN EATS
AWARD WINNING CHILI (CHILI CON CARNE) - BROWN SUGAR FOOD BLOG
CHILLI CON CARNE | RECIPE | BEST CHILI RECIPE, CON CARNE RECIPE, RECIPES
CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
CHILI CON CARNE | MEXICAN PLEASE
CLASSIC CHILI CON CARNE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
SIMPLE CHILLI CON CARNE | JAMIE OLIVER CHILLI RECIPES
BEST CHILI CON CARNE RECIPES | COMFORT FOOD | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
ORIGINAL TEXAS CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CHILI CON CARNE - SLOW COOKER RECIPE - SOUTHERN HOME …
CHILI CON CARNE - TIM & VICTOR'S TOTALLY JOYOUS RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #beef #easy #kid-friendly #chili #dietary #comfort-food #inexpensive #ground-beef #meat #taste-mood #3-steps-or-less
The chili recipe perfect for a cold day #food25.6K views-20:15
Chili Con Carne Recipe | How to Make Chili Con Carne61.7K views-03:17
Chilli Con Carne Recipe | One Pot Meal | Mexican Favourite Food |228.3K views-03:31
Chili Con Carne | How To Make Chili Recipe49.3K views-06:22
How to cook Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne Recipe | Cooking Tutorial | Simon’s Kitchen UK24K views-07:11
BEST EVER CHILI RECIPE | an easy beef chili bursting with flavor364.2K views-06:14
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make chili con carne from scratch?How To Make Chili con Carne From Scratch: Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
How long does Chili con carne take to cook?I'm keeping it really simple with just chili powder, salt, and a bay leaf. Give everything a good stir to combine, and place a lid on top. The Chili Con Carne simmers on the stovetop for about 1 - 1 ½ hours, or in the slow cooker on LOW for about 4-6 hours.
How to make chili paste?Directions. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and 1 teaspoon salt and cook 2 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano and tomato paste and cook, stirring, until the tomato paste is brick red, about 6 minutes (add a splash of water if the mixture begins to stick).
How do you make a spicy chili?Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and 1 teaspoon salt and cook 2 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano and tomato paste and cook, stirring, until the tomato paste is brick red, about 6 minutes (add a splash of water if the mixture begins to stick).