CHILI-LIME CHICKEN WITH CORN AND BLACK BEANS
Here, tender chicken breast is seasoned with a flavorful chili-lime rub, then skillet cooked and served atop a saute of hearty black beans, sweet corn, and fresh tomatoes warmed until barely bursting. It is made savory and given a gentle heat with onion, garlic, and a kiss of jalapeno. (If you like a lot of heat, feel free to add more jalapeno and/or more cayenne in the rub for the chicken.) Finished with a bright note of lime juice, fresh cilantro, and creamy avocado, this is a colorful, satisfying meal that is on point any season of the year, and destined to become a go-to favorite.
Provided by Ellie Krieger
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Combine the chili powder, lime zest, cumin, granulated garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and the cayenne in a small bowl. Sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides of the chicken, rubbing it in a little with your fingers.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan, lower the heat to medium, and cook until it is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and jalapeno and cook until they soften, 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more, then stir in the beans, tomatoes, and corn and cook until all the vegetables are softened but still retain their shape, about 3 minutes. Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Divide the vegetable mixture among four plates. Slice the chicken and divide it among the plates along with some avocado. Sprinkle each with lime juice and cilantro and serve.
CHILI LIME CHICKEN
This recipe combines many of the spices that I grew up with and that have become a distinctive part of much of my cooking including dishes such as chili Colorado, posole, and Frontera™ style carne asada. I would describe this dish as more Tex-Mex or New Mexican than Mexican. Serve on a bed of rice or slice thinly for use in tacos or to top a green salad.
Provided by Larry Dean
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine ancho chile powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and chipotle powder in a medium glass or ceramic bowl. Whisk in canola oil and lime juice until well combined; thin with additional canola oil if mixture seems too thick.
- Arrange chicken in a glass or ceramic baking dish and pour the marinade over the chicken, covering it completely. Marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet; do not crowd. Discard any excess marinade.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the centers, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 to 6 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301.2 calories, Carbohydrate 2.9 g, Cholesterol 64.6 mg, Fat 21.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 929.5 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
CHILI-LIME CHICKEN KABOBS
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the sauce, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226.7 calories, Carbohydrate 3.2 g, Cholesterol 64.6 mg, Fat 13 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 23.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 63.8 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
LIME CHICKEN CHILI
Lime juice gives this chili a zesty twist, while canned tomatoes and beans make preparation a snap. Try serving bowls with toasted tortilla strips. -Diane Randazzo, Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and peppers in oil for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chicken; cook and stir over medium heat for 8-9 minutes or until no longer pink. , Stir in the flour, cocoa and seasonings. Add the tomatoes, lime juice and lime zest. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in beans; heat through. , Meanwhile, place tortilla strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Serve chili with sour cream and tortilla strips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 55mg cholesterol, Sodium 643mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
SLOW COOKER CHILE-LIME CHICKEN
- Combine chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, lime juice, honey, cilantro, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper, cayenne, and salt in a blender or food processor and puree, making sure chipotle chiles are chopped very fine.
- Place a layer of chicken in a slow cooker and cover with about 1/2 of the liquid mixture. Lay on remaining chicken and pour remaining liquid over top.
- Cover and cook on Low until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 6 hours, or on High, about 3 hours. Turn off the heat and let rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193.4 calories, Carbohydrate 15.8 g, Cholesterol 64.6 mg, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 609 mg, Sugar 7.7 g
More about "chili lime chicken recipes"
GRILLED CHILI CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN | GIMME DELICIOUS
CHILI LIME CHICKEN (ONE PAN) | ONE POT RECIPES
CHILI LIME CHICKEN (BAKE, GRILL OR FRY) - IFOODREAL.COM
GRILLED CHILI LIME CHICKEN - HEY GRILL, HEY
CHILI LIME CHICKEN MARINADE – TANGY + SPICY RECIPE
GRILLED CHILI LIME CHICKEN | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CHICKEN RECIPES FOR SUMMER - THE NEW YORK TIMES
Author Tanya Sichynsky
53 CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES FOR FLAVORFUL, JUICY DINNERS - EPICURIOUS
EASY CHILI LIME CHICKEN - FEEDING YOUR FAM
BEST CHILI LIME CHICKEN - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
CHILI LIME CHICKEN - HOUSE OF YUMM
CHILI LIME CHICKEN RECIPE - KEY TO MY LIME
CHILI LIME CHICKEN | THE BEWITCHIN' KITCHEN
RED CURRY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
10 GLUTEN-FREE DINNER RECIPES, INCLUDING PIZZA, CURRY AND NOODLES
CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
AIR FRYER CHILI LIME CHICKEN - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
CHILI LIME GRILLED CHICKEN | CHICKEN DISHES RECIPES ... - PINTEREST
STRAWBERRY BASIL KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
CHILI LIME GRILLED CHICKEN - RASA MALAYSIA
GRILLED CHILI LIME CHICKEN RECIPE | BUNS IN MY OVEN
CHILI LIME CHICKEN - OUR SALTY KITCHEN
OVEN-BAKED CHILI LIME CHICKEN RECIPE - COOKING MADE HEALTHY
CHILI LIME CHICKEN - AIR FRYER - TASTE OF THE FRONTIER
TEX-MEX CHICKEN CHILI WITH LIME RECIPE | MYRECIPES
21 BEST SHEET-PAN CHICKEN RECIPES - SHEET-PAN CHICKEN …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #main-dish #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something
Chili Lime Chicken – Easy Low Carb Keto Chicken Recipe95.1K views-03:36
Chili Lime Chicken Recipe67.4K views-06:15
Chili Lime Chicken Wings Fried | Super Bowl Recipes6.8K views-06:27
You'll also love