Very old recipe from Cloverbloom butter box (out of my grandmom's recipe box). Pretty much a brownie, but full of old fashioned flavor.
Provided by Karen..
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt chocolate with butter and let cool slightly.
- Beat eggs lightly and add sugar and vanilla.
- Add melted chocolate and butter.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Spread into 8 inch square pan.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes.
- Cut into squares when cool.
These special candies are one of my favorite things to make in my kitchen.-Donna Rhodes, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in corn syrup and cocoa; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla, 2 cups confectioners' sugar and milk powder. (Mixture will be stiff.), Turn out onto a surface lightly dusted with confectioners' sugar. Knead in remaining confectioners' sugar; knead 3-4 minutes longer or until stiff. Divide into four pieces and roll each into an 18-in. rope. Cut into 3/4-in. pieces. Wrap each candy in cellophane or waxed paper. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58 calories, Fat 1g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 25mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
CHRIS GARGONE'S CHOCOLATE CHEWS
- 1. Set racks at the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 325°F.
- 2. Place the chocolates and butter in a bowl or the top of a double boiler and place over hot, not simmering, water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate and butter have melted. Cool.
- 3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until lightened. Whisk in the chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- 4. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into the chocolate mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- 5. Drop tablespoon-size cookies onto the prepared pans. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are slightly firm and cracked.
- 6. Cool in the pans.
- Chews are so rich, they are best on their own. Or try making them half size and serving them with ice cream for a really rich treat.
- Keep chews at room temperature in a tin or tight-lidded plastic container, or freeze them, packed between sheets of wax paper, for longer storage.
CHOCOLATE CHEWY COOKIES
Double chocolate, chewy, yummy, best ever cookies! I got this recipe from my friend Bella, one of the finest bakers I've ever known.
Provided by Hey Jude
Categories Drop Cookies
Yield 4-5 dozen cookies, 48-60 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar; add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture then add chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes; let cookies rest on baking sheets for 2 minutes before removing with a spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE COOKIES I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies will be soft. Cool slightly on cookie sheet; remove from sheet onto wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133.7 calories, Carbohydrate 17.5 g, Cholesterol 20.5 mg, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 88.6 mg, Sugar 12.2 g
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHEWS
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the honey, molasses and peanut butter. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows until melted. Mix in the rice cereal and peanuts. Pat firmly into a greased 9x9 inch baking dish. Cool and cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.8 calories, Carbohydrate 36.2 g, Fat 16.9 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 7.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 207.1 mg, Sugar 25.9 g
People also searched
More about "chocolate chews recipes"
CHOCOLATE NUT CHEWS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE CHEWS RECIPE
CHOCOLATE CHEWS - PLAIN.RECIPES
MINT CHOCOLATE CHEWS RECIPE | RECIPELAND
CHOCOLATE CHEWS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHEWS RECIPE | RECIPELAND
CHOCOLATE CHEWS - NOW....YOU'RE COOKING! RECIPES
DOUBLE-CHOCOLATE CHEWS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHOCOLATE CHEWS - RECIPES LIST
CHOCOLATE CHEWS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
CHOCOLATE-CHERRY CHEWS RECIPE - EATINGWELL
CHOCOLATE CHEWS - BIGOVEN.COM
PB CHOCOLATE CHEWS | RECIPE
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHEWS RECIPE - VEGETARIANTIMES.COM
COPYCAT GOTTLIEB'S CHOCOLATE CHEWIES RECIPE
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CHEWY COOKIES - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHEWS | RECIPE
ROBINHOOD | CHOCOLATE PEANUT CHEWS
CHOCOLATE CHEWS - PLAIN.RECIPES
CHOCOLATE CHEWIES - AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE CHEWS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE CHEWS | GHIRARDELLI
CHOCOLATE CHEWS | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
CHOCOLATE NUT CHEWS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
LOW FAT DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHEWS - RECIPE GIRL
FANCY CHOCOLATE PEANUT CHEWS | RECIPE
CHOCOLATE CHEWIES - BEYOND KIMCHEE
CHOCOLATE CHEWIES - HOW SWEET EATS
CHOCOLATE CHEWS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
OLD-TIME CHOCOLATE MOLASSES CHEWS - THE HUNGRY MOUSE
CHOCOLATE CHIP PAN CHEWIES - 12 TOMATOES
CHOCOLATE CHEWS COOKIE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHOCOLATE CHEWS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
38 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE CHEWY IDEAS IN 2022 ...
CHOCOLATE CHEWS - FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHOCOLATE CHEWS - CHOCOLATE COOKIE RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #desserts #oven #easy #potluck #dinner-party #finger-food #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #kid-friendly #picnic #vegetarian #cookies-and-brownies #easter #chocolate #bar-cookies #brownies #dietary #gifts #christmas #hanukkah #comfort-food #valentines-day #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #presentation
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make chocolate chip cookie dough?In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Step 3
What is the best way to make a chocolate cake?Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg until well combined. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan.
What are flourless chocolate chewy cookies?Flourless Chocolate Chewy Cookies are crispy and chewy with a fudgy center that take just a few minutes to make and taste like they came from a bakery! Flourless Chocolate Chewy Cookies are going to be a staple of your Christmas cookie exchange this year if you try this recipe…
How many calories are in chewy chocolate cookies?Chewy Chocolate Cookies I Servings Per Recipe: 48 Calories:133.7 % Daily Value * protein: 1.4g 3 % carbohydrates: 17.5g 6 % dietary fiber: 1g 4 % sugars: 12.2g fat: 7.3g 11 % saturated fat: 4.5g 22 % cholesterol: 20.5mg 7 %