This recipe is the gold standard when it comes to classic cupcakes. We frosted these with Easy White Icing, but you could use our Chocolate Glaze for an even richer dessert.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, then beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then spread with Easy White Icing using a table knife or small offset spatula. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Frost with your favorite frosting when cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157.8 calories, Carbohydrate 29.8 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 114.5 mg, Sugar 19.6 g
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
The only chocolate cupcake recipe you'll ever need. We love these for the deep rich chocolate flavor and their moist and springy interiors. It's the perfect cake base for any frosting.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 24 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together the cake flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk together the buttermilk, coffee, oil, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until combined. Scrape down the bowl then add the remaining wet ingredients and beat to combine. Scrape down the bowl and paddle. Increase the speed to medium and beat for a full minute.
- Fill the prepared cupcake tins 2/3 of the way full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of each comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly pressed, 15 to 18 minutes.
- For the frosting: Melt the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over simmering water in a medium saucepan. Remove from the simmering water and let it cool until room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Beat the butter and salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to low, drizzle in the melted chocolate and beat until completely blended. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla. Increase the speed to high and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Decoratively pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
EASY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two muffin pans or line with 20 paper baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, almond extract and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into the batter, alternating with the milk, just until blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter. Frost with your favorite frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200.9 calories, Carbohydrate 27.6 g, Cholesterol 66.5 mg, Fat 9.3 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 171.7 mg, Sugar 16.4 g
Right or wrong I've always viewed the cupcake as a frosting transport system, and if you're not a huge frosting fan (I'm not), then I figured, why bother? Then I remembered a friend had mentioned a recipe from Maida Heatter that was, in her words, a "grown-up cupcake." I figured perhaps I owed the miniature confections a chance. Ms. Heatter's recipe, modestly entitled, "Chocolate Cupcakes" from her 1974 book "Maida Heatter's Book of Great Desserts," produced a rich, moist crumb that relies on cocoa powder for its deep chocolatey flavor. But it's her topping of semi-sweet chocolate ganache that separates these cupcakes from the crowd. No buttercream, no food coloring, and no diabetic shock after consumption. Just a really nice chocolate cake that's a bit on the small side.
Provided by Suzanne Lenzer
Categories easy, cakes, dessert
Yield 24 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and line 4 6-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners. Sift together the flour, soda, salt, and cocoa powder and set aside. Use a standing mixer or hand-mixer to cream the butter. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix to combine. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each one until smooth.
- On the lowest speed, alternately add the dry ingredients in three additions and the milk in two. Beat only until smooth and fully combined, you don't want to overwork the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pans filling each about two-thirds full (don't bother to smooth the tops--the batter will level itself as it cooks). Bake the cupcakes for about 25 minutes, or until the tops are puffed and spring back when lightly pressed. Be careful not to overbake the cakes, but know that if you take them out too early they may sink a bit. Cool the cakes in the muffin tins for about 5 minutes and then remove them to a rack and let cool completely.
- To make the ganache, put all the ingredients in a small, deep saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, whisking occasionally to combine, until the chocolate and butter are nearly melted. Take the pan off the heat and whisk continuously until all the chocolate is melted; the ganache should be shiny and without any lumps.
- When the ganache is about room temperature, use a butter knife to spread it evenly on top of the cakes; sprinkle with nonpareil if you like. The cakes can be made a day in advance and refrigerated (they actually get better) or frozen in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 204, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 116 milligrams, Sugar 18 grams, TransFat 0 grams
Whip up a batch of simple chocolate cupcakes for a party, coffee morning or afternoon tea. Top with buttercream, or perhaps a cream cheese frosting
Provided by Member recipe by lovelessons
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, a pinch of salt and the butter in a free-standing electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk). Beat on a slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
- Whisk the milk, egg and vanilla extract together in a jug, then slowly pour about half into the flour mixture. Beat to combine and turn the mixer up to high speed, scraping any mixture from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Pour in the remaining liquid and continue mixing for a couple more minutes until the mixture is smooth. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until approximately two-thirds full. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the sponge bounces back when touched and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave the cupcakes to cool slightly in the tray before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Meanwhile, make chocolate buttercream or plain buttercream and spread it over the cakes with a palette knife, or use a piping bag. Scatter over chocolate vermicelli, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 19 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 12 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
This classic recipe is simply amazing. Try sitting down with a glass of cold milk and see if you can eat just one! -Marlene Martin, Country Harbour Mines, Nova Scotia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 cupcakes.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with water and buttermilk, beating well after each addition. , Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 29mg cholesterol, Sodium 169mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
People also searched
More about "chocolate cupcakes recipes"
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
SUPER MOIST CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
THE MOST AMAZING CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPE - THE STAY …
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - TASTE OF HOME
HERSHEY'S "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES | RECIPES
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPES
BEST BASIC CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPE - SUNCAKEMOM
DARK CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
KETO CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES : R/KETORECIPES - REDDIT.COM
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE - GRACE PARISI - FOOD & WINE
10 BEST PUMPKIN DESSERT RECIPES - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
24 INDULGENT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE + VIDEO | DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #cupcakes #desserts #easy #cakes #dietary
Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe | How to Make Chocolate Cupcakes3.4M views-04:21
The Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake Recipe - It's EGG FREE ! AND VEGAN !122.7K views-06:07
CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE CUPCAKES RECIPE | Easy DIY Fluffy Chocolate Cake | Yummy Dessert | Baking Cherry1.4M views-04:58
Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.com290.7K views-20:32
How to Make The Most Amazing Chocolate Cupcakes | The Stay At Home Chef890.7K views-04:37
SUPER MOIST Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe216.6K views-12:29
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a chocolate cupcake?PREPARE THE CUPCAKES:Preheat the oven to 350°F. ...In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.In another bowl, combine the hot water or coffee and cocoa; set aside.In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the sugar, butter, salt and vanilla. ... More items...
What are the ingredients in a chocolate cupcake?3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder3/4 cup all-purpose flour1/2 teaspoon baking powder1/4 teaspoon salt3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature1 cup sugar3 large eggs1 teaspoon vanilla extract1/2 cup sour creamEasy White Icing More items...
How to make easy chocolate cupcakes?How to make chocolate cupcakesMake the batter: These easy chocolate cupcakes can be made in one bowl. ...Bake: Line a 12-hole muffin or cupcake pan with paper liners. ...Make the dark chocolate buttercream frosting: Whip the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer until pale and fluffy. ... More items...
What are some Good Cupcake recipes?Top 10 Cake Recipes (as Chosen by Our Readers)Sandy’s Chocolate Cake. Years ago, I drove 4-1/2 hours to a cake contest, holding my entry on my lap the whole way. But it paid off.Pink Lemonade Stand Cake. If you love a moist and creamy cake, this is it. ...Lemon Meringue Angel CakePineapple Carrot Cake