Like most traditional recipes, there are numerous variations...and this is my version of a Cuban classic. For added convenience, I adapted it for the slow cooker.-Sanford Brown, Big Pine Key, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large skillet, cook onions in oil over low heat for 15-20 minutes or brown, stirring occasionally. Add wine; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker., In the same skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Add to slow cooker. Combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic and seasonings; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until heated through., Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain. Stir the green pepper, olives, jalapeno and raisins into the slow cooker. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 331 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 685mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
There are many variations of picadillo. This is a savory and traditional Cuban home-cooked meal with ingredients that are readily available in any supermarket. Do not omit wine, as it's really important to the flavor of this dish. Serve with garlic and onion white rice, black beans, and fried ripe plantains. Garnish with strips of ham and roasted red pepper.
Provided by lutzflcat
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Latin American Caribbean
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place the potatoes into a large pot with enough water to cover; season with salt. Bring the water to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, place a cover on the pot, and cook the potatoes at a simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat; cook and stir the onion, green bell pepper, and garlic in the hot oil until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Crumble the ground beef into the onion mixture, breaking the meat into smaller pieces as you mix; cook and stir until the beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain as much fat from the mixture as possible.
- Stir the red wine, tomato sauce, olives, capers, golden raisins, cumin, oregano, black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt into the ground beef mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer until the wine had reduced significantly, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Peel the cooled potatoes and cut into chunks.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the potatoes in the hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold the cooked potatoes into the simmering ground beef mixture; cook together 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 471.3 calories, Carbohydrate 29.6 g, Cholesterol 78.9 mg, Fat 22 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 26 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 1337.7 mg, Sugar 10.1 g
I received this wonderful recipe of beef, olives, and sweet peppers from my son's Cuban grandmother. We serve it over black beans and rice with fried plantain on the side, it's amazing!
Provided by booghierbaby
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Latin American Caribbean
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Brown the ground beef in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat until crumbly and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Pour off any excess grease, then stir in the onion and garlic; cook for 2 minutes before adding the red pepper, green pepper, raisins, olives, tomato paste, water, and cilantro. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes, or until the peppers have cooked to your liking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 539.3 calories, Carbohydrate 44.5 g, Cholesterol 103.4 mg, Fat 27.6 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 32.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 1786.2 mg, Sugar 31.1 g
More about "classic cuban style picadillo recipes"
CLASSIC CUBAN-STYLE PICADILLO - MEAL GARDEN
Servings 4Meat 1.3Fruit 0.5Category Main
CUBAN PICADILLO DISH & IT'S CLASSIC RECIPE - AMIGOFOODS
CLASSIC CUBAN-STYLE PICADILLO OVER RICE - CHEF ALLI
CLASSIC CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE | LAALOOSH
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 40 minsServings 4Calories 225 per serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the onion and garlic, and saute until slightly softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, cinnamon, salt & pepper, bell pepper, tomatoes, bay leaves, vinegar, cilantro, olive brine, and olives.
EASY CUBAN BEEF PICADILLO RECIPE - LITTLE FAMILY ADVENTURE
TOP 41 CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE GOYA RECIPES
TOP 42 CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE SKINNYTASTE RECIPES
CUBAN BEEF PICADILLO RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
CUBAN RECIPES | RECIPES
CLASSIC CUBAN-STYLE PICADILLO | RECIPE | PICADILLO, RECIPES, MEXICAN ...
CLASSIC CUBAN-STYLE PICADILLO RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CLASSIC CUBAN-STYLE PICADILLO - JANETO.DCMUSIC.CA
TOP 43 CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE GOYA RECIPES
CLASSIC CUBAN STYLE PICADILLO - RECIPES - FAXO
CUBAN-STYLE PICADILLO WITH RICE | GIANT FOOD
CUBAN-STYLE PICADILLO WITH RICE | SAVORY
TOP 50 CUBAN STYLE PICADILLO RECIPES - TIDAK.CHURCHREZ.ORG
CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
TOP 43 CUBAN STYLE PICADILLO RECIPES - PARDUE.ALFA145.COM
CUBAN PICADILLO - THE AMERICAN CUBAN TABLE
CLASSIC CUBAN-STYLE PICADILLO | RECIPE | CUBAN RECIPES, MEXICAN …
CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE - MY BIG FAT CUBAN FAMILY
How To Make Classic Cuban Picadillo - My Big Fat Cuban Family14.1K views-01:03
Cooking Cuban - Picadillo (Minced beef)13.4K views-10:00
Cuban Style Picadillo | Ground Beef Recipes | Chef Zee Cooks105.2K views-07:17
Cuban Picadillo Recipe | Authentic Cuban Picadillo | Anitas Delights20.1K views-14:55
Picadillo Cuban Style | Ground Beef Recipes | My Secret Cuisine71.7K views-06:36
You'll also love