CAJUN CORN AND BACON MAQUE CHOUX
- Cut corn off the cobs by thinly slicing across the tops of the kernels; place in a medium bowl. Cut across the kernels again to release milk from the corn, add milk to bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper, cook until onion is transparent, about 5 to 8 minutes. Combine corn, tomatoes, and milk with the onion mixture. Reduce heat to medium low, and cook 20 minutes longer, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Do not boil. Season with salt and cayenne pepper. Lower heat, cover skillet, and cook 5 to 10 minutes longer. Stir in green onions and bacon. Remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346.5 calories, Carbohydrate 23.1 g, Cholesterol 41.9 mg, Fat 21.5 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 17.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 884 mg, Sugar 5.9 g
KICKED UP CORN MAQUE CHOUX
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the corn, onions, bell peppers, jalapeno, Essence, and salt, and cook, stirring, until soft, for 10 minutes. Add the cream and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
- Recipe from New New Orleans Cooking by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
CAJUN CORN MAQUE CHOUX
This classic creamy side dish takes advantage of both the sweetness and the starchiness of fresh corn. The trinity of onions, bell peppers and celery gives it a distinctive Cajun flavor, while the tomatoes add brightness. Although usually a side dish, it sometimes takes center stage with the addition of shrimp or crawfish.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Cut the kernels off of the corn into a large bowl. Using the back of the knife, scrape the sweet corn milk from the cobs to extract about 3 tablespoons and add it to the bowl. Set aside.
- 2. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until the fat renders and the bacon is crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside. Add the butter to the skillet and when melted, add the celery, bell peppers and onions. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes. Add the milk, scallion whites, garlic, tomatoes and corn. Cook until thickened, 10 minutes.
- 3. Serve garnished with the scallion greens and reserved bacon.
CORN MAQUE CHOUX
The best thing about this dish is that it's made with freshly cut corn. You can make it with frozen corn, but the taste just isn't the same. Don't even think about using canned corn. Be careful not to cook the corn too long or it will get mushy.
Provided by Patty Mae
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Shuck the corn and remove all of the silk.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the corn off the ears into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces. Fry in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until crisp, being careful not to overcook.
- Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add the onions and red bell peppers to the skillet with the bacon drippings and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and corn and sauté, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and a dash of sugar.
- Pour in the cream and bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce heat and simmer until cream reduces and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes more.
- Crumble the bacon and stir into the corn.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.5, Fat 12.9, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 38.9, Sodium 268.6, Carbohydrate 20, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 3.9, Protein 7.6
SHRIMP AND SWEET CORN MAQUE CHOUX
A spicy Southern dish, Shrimp & Sweet Corn Maque Choux is satisfying and ready in under 30 minutes. This is my recreation of the Emeril Lagasse dish we had his restaurant, NOLA, in New Orleans. Fresh vegetables are the key to this recipe, which cook quickly and retain their bright, crisp flavors.
Provided by Real Butter
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot, red and green peppers, and green onion. Season with salt and pepper, and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, sweet corn, water and 2 teaspoons Cajun or creole seasoning to the skillet. Cook until zucchini is tender, about 2 minutes. Add half and half, and stir. Turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, season shrimp with remaining 2 teaspoons Cajun or creole seasoning. Melt butter in a separate skillet and cook shrimp in four batches, about 2 minutes on each side, or until curled, pink and cooked all the way through. Do not overcook.
- Divide corn mixture between four plates. Top each plate with 5 cooked shrimp, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357.5 calories, Carbohydrate 21.4 g, Cholesterol 304.2 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 32.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.3 g, Sodium 887.2 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
CORN MAQUE CHOUX (FRIED CORN)
I had no idea this dish even had a name until I grew up. We had it any time we had fried chicken, which was often. I love this dish - to me it is comfort food.
Provided by P48422
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In the skillet, heat the butter over medium low heat until melted.
- Add the onion and saute until wilted but not brown.
- Add the bell peppers and the corn and stir to coat everything with butter, sprinkle with some salt, pepper, and cayenne, and continue cooking over med-low heat, stirring frequently, until all liquid (if any) completely evaporates, the vegetables start to take on a slight caramalization and the whole room smells really, really good.
- (This should take about 20 minutes).
- Taste, adjust the seasonings if you need to, and serve.
- Note: I say to use a cast iron skillet because, as with cornbread, I believe this dish suffers in flavor if it is not cooked in one.
- However, if you don't have one, you can use another skillet- just know that it would be much better cooked in a cast iron skillet.
More about "corn maque choux recipes"
CAJUN CORN MAQUE CHOUX RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
5/5 (32)Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 150 per serving
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add the bacon. Cook the bacon until it becomes nice and crispy, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the corn onion, peppers and Cajun seasonings. Cook until they soften up, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream (or chicken stock). Let it warm for about 2 minutes, stirring a bit, then remove from heat.
EASY CORN MAQUE CHOUX - SOUTHERN BITE
4.6/5 (5)Category Side DishCuisine American, Cajun, CreoleEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, melt the bacon grease or butter over medium heat. Add the oninon and peppers and cook until they are tender - about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, sitrring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, tomatoes, and heavy cream and stir to combine. Add the salt and reduce the heat to a low simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until the corn is cooked through and most of the liquid had evaporated. Adjust seasoning to taste, adding Creole seasoning, if desired. Allow to rest about 5 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken before serving.
CORN MAQUE CHOUX : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
5/5 (3)Category Side DishesCuisine CreoleTotal Time 45 mins
CORN MAQUE CHOUX - LOUISIANA COOKIN
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
MAQUE CHOUX RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
CAJUN CORN MAQUE CHOUX - PUDGE FACTOR
CORN MAQUE CHOUX RECIPE | BON APPéTIT - EPICURIOUS
4.5/5 (13)Author Bruce AidellsServings 4
CAJUN CORN SKILLET – RADDISH KIDS
TOP 45 LOUISIANA CORN MAQUE CHOUX RECIPE RECIPES
CORN MAQUE CHOUX BY PAUL PRUDHOMME - CHEF-OF-THE-MONTH.COM
CAJUN MAQUE CHOUX CORN RECIPE - THE GINGERED WHISK
CAJUN CORN MAQUE CHOUX | FIRST...YOU HAVE A BEER
CORN AND TASSO MAQUE CHOUX RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
FIND A RECIPE FOR CAJUN CORN MAQUE CHOUX ON TRIVET RECIPES: A …
CORN MAQUE CHOUX | EMERILS.COM
OKRA-AND-CORN MAQUE CHOUX RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TOP 48 MACQUE SHUE RECIPE RECIPES
CAJUN CORN MAQUE CHOUX | THE CAGLE DIARIES
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CRAWFISH ETOUFFEE – 42 BEST SIDE DISHES
MAQUE CHOUX (CAJUN CORN) RECIPE BY FENWAY - COOKPAD
TOP 44 MACQUE SHUE RECIPE RECIPES
ROASTED CORN AND PEPPER MAQUE CHOUX RECIPE - JOHN CURRENCE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #low-protein #side-dishes #vegetables #american #cajun #southern-united-states #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-in-something #corn
HOW TO MAKE JAZZED UP CAJUN CORN! | CORN MAQUE CHOUX RECIPE23.7K views-03:58
Love & Best Dishes: Maque Choux Recipe | Cajun Fried Corn | New Orleans Food11.1K views-09:09
Maque Choux | Emeril Lagasse55.7K views-03:17
Corn Maque Choux, a classic Cajun dish7.9K views-04:21
In the Kitchen: Corn Maque Choux323 views-02:44
How to Make Corn Maque Choux21.5K views-05:06
You'll also love