BEST CREAM OF BROCCOLI AND POTATO SOUP
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic in the melted butter until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add potato and broccoli stems; generously season with salt and pepper. Pour broth into potato mixture, cover, and simmer until potatoes are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Mix broccoli florets into soup and simmer until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Blend soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; whisk flour, milk, and heavy cream into melted butter. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk milk mixture until bubbling and thickened, about 5 minutes. Whisk thickened milk mixture into soup until incorporated; adjust salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363.8 calories, Carbohydrate 27.9 g, Cholesterol 85.5 mg, Fat 25.9 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 8.2 g, SaturatedFat 15.8 g, Sodium 625.3 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
CREAMY POTATO, BROCCOLI, SAUSAGE SOUP
- IN A LARGE SOUP POT:combine the cubed potatoes, (preferably Yukon Gold or red)with about 3 cups of chicken stock, adding enough water to cover well. Bring to boil. Cook just till potatoes can be broken with a fork, about 12 to 15 minutes, and remove from heat. Leaving about a pint of stock and 1 1/2 to 2 cups of potatoes in the pot, transfer most of the potatoes and stock to a blender and process till smooth. Add sour cream, horseradish, parmesan and milk to thin as needed, about 1 cup. Blend again and return to the soup pot. IN A SAUTE PAN: After putting the potatoes on to boil, saute onion in about 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat, till well browned and tender. Remove onions from pan to a dish. Immediately add the kielbasa and stir-fry till browned. Return onions to fry pan with sausage, heat for 1 minute, then add to soup pot. Add white wine, remaining cup of chicken stock and milk to desired heavy soup consistency. Add broccoli, parsley, dill and basil. Cook as a slow simmer till broccoli is just chewy tender, about 10 minutes. Serve in pre-warmed bowls with hot artisan bread. Top with a shake of parmesan and a pinch of fresh dill.
CREAMY BROCCOLI POTATO SOUP
In Valparaiso, Indiana, Barbara Baker relies on a few handy ingredients to make canned soup taste just like homemade. The creamy mixture that results is hearty with chunks of broccoli and potato.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan, saute broccoli and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, milk, water, basil and pepper; heat through. Add cheese; stir until melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 174 calories, Fat 10g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 32mg cholesterol, Sodium 709mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
People also searched
More about "creamy potato broccoli sausage soup recipes"
SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE & POTATO SOUP WITH BROCCOLI - 100 …
4/5 (2)Category SoupsCuisine AmericanCalories 377 per serving
- If using sausage links, remove the casing and discard. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook while breaking it up with a spatula until brown and crumbly. Discard the cooking fat and add sausage to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top the sausage with the potatoes, broccoli, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and broth. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours, until the veggies are tender when pierced with a fork.
SAUSAGE, BROCCOLI, POTATO SOUP - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
4.9/5 (9)Total Time 40 minsCategory SoupCalories 254 per serving
- Add butter to pot along with the onions. Cook onions until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add flour and stir until onions are coated.
- Pour in the broth and add potatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add sausage, broccoli and milk/cream/more broth and return to a boil. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until potatoes and broccoli are tender.
CREAMY ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI SOUP - DELISH.COM
SLOW COOKER CREAMY SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
THE BEST CREAMY SAUSAGE POTATO SOUP RECIPE - EMILY ENCHANTED
CREAMY SAUSAGE & POTATO SOUP - THE WHOLE COOK
BEST CREAMY ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI SOUP RECIPE
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI SOUP - CHELSEA JOY EATS
10 BEST SAUSAGE BROCCOLI AND POTATO RECIPES | YUMMLY
HEARTY SAUSAGE POTATO KALE SOUP - SOUTHERN DISCOURSE
INSTANT POT CREAMY POTATO SAUSAGE SOUP - CRAVING HOME COOKED
BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP WITH SAUSAGE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
CREAMY POTATO BROCCOLI SAUSAGE SOUP RECIPES
BROCCOLI SAUSAGE SOUP (WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE) - THE SPICE …
CREAMY SAUSAGE AND POTATO SOUP - SKINNYTASTE
CREAMY SAUSAGE POTATO SOUP - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
Broccoli Soup Recipe - How To Make Healthy Broccoli Soup At Home - Ruchi Bharani1M views-04:27
Potato Broccoli Soup35K views-01:14
How To Make Broccoli & Potato Cheese Soup832K views-14:43
SLOW COOKER VEGAN SAUSAGE & CREAMY POTATO SOUP6.3K views-04:30
THE ultimate creamy garlic potato and leek soup recipe27K views-07:38
Vegan Broccoli Potato Soup Recipe | Super Creamy!670 views-08:17
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make sausage broccoli soup?Simmer diced onions, chicken bouillon and water for 20 minutes. Add diced potatoes, frozen broccoli and shredded carrots, and simmer for an additional 30 minutes. Stir in cooked and drained ground pork, cream of chicken soup and Velveeta, and heat until melted. For the full recipe for Sausage Broccoli Soup, scroll to the bottom of this page.
What is the best Broccoli and potato soup recipe?The creamy mixture that results is hearty with chunks of broccoli and potato. In a large saucepan, saute broccoli and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, milk, water, basil and pepper; heat through. Add cheese; stir until melted.
How to cook potatoes and broccoli in a crock pot?Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic in the melted butter until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add potato and broccoli stems; generously season with salt and pepper. Pour broth into potato mixture, cover, and simmer until potatoes are softened, about 10 minutes.
How long to cook Broccoli for Soup?Directions Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic in the melted butter until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Mix broccoli florets into soup and simmer until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.