SPICED PARSNIP SOUP
Yummy simple soup without too much heat, excellent for a wintery starter to a dinner party. The spice works wonderfully with the sweetness of the parsnips. Serve with crusty white bread and butter.
Provided by ButtercupBento
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Fry the onion in butter until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the parsnips, garlic and curry powder, and fry for a couple of minutes to release the flavors. Mix the bouillon cube into the boiling water, and pour into the saucepan. Stir to remove any bits of vegetable from the bottom of the pot. Simmer for 15 minutes or until parsnips are soft and easy to break with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat, and blend with a hand mixer or immersion blender. Stir in the cream, and heat through. Do not boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with red pepper flakes or paprika.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257.2 calories, Carbohydrate 25.1 g, Cholesterol 56.2 mg, Fat 17.4 g, Fiber 6.4 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 353.4 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
SPICY ROASTED PARSNIP SOUP
Aromatic flavours transform the ordinary parsnip into a delicious warming soup
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Snack, Soup, Starter, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- In a bowl, mix together 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp ground turmeric and ½ tsp mustard seeds.
- Add 1 large onion, cut into 8 chunks, 2 garlic cloves, 675g parsnips, diced, and 2 quartered plum tomatoes and mix well.
- Spread over a heavy baking sheet, then roast for 30 mins until tender.
- Spoon into a food processor or liquidiser with 600ml vegetable stock and process until smooth.
- Pour into a pan with the remaining 600ml vegetable stock, season, then heat until barely simmering.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice. Garnish with cumin seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 30 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 10 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
CURRIED PARSNIP SOUP SHOTS
Treat dinner guests to healthy, spiced soup shots - they make great canapés. The crispy kale version is vegan while meat eaters can opt for a prosciutto topping
Provided by Sophie Godwin - Cookery writer
Yield Makes 12 shots
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 180C/160C/gas 4. For the kale topping, massage the kale with the oil, chilli powder and a pinch of salt and pepper, then spread out on a baking tray. Roast for 8 mins until crisp, checking halfway through.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry until soft and lightly coloured, then add the garam masala (or curry powder), garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 min, then tip in the parsnips and stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 mins until the parsnip is completely soft. Blitz, adding enough water to get to your desired thickness, and season to taste.
- To make the crispy prosciutto topping, put the prosciutto slice in a dry non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Use a fish slice to keep it flat and fry for a couple of mins until crisp. Set aside to cool, then break into six pieces.
- Divide the soup between 12 shot glasses. Top half with the roasted kale and the other half with the prosciutto.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52 calories, Fat 2 grams fat, SaturatedFat 0.2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 5 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
CURRIED PARSNIP SOUP (FROM GOOD HOUSEKEEPING)
This is my favourite parsnip soup - beats any I've had in restaurants, but also very, very easy to make I've given the full recipe as found in my old Good housekeeping book, but personally usually make it with half the butter (or a tablespoon of oil) and no cream - it's just as tasty. I only make the 'full fat' version on special occasions. (If you use 1 tbsp oil and omit the cream and use 3 veg stock cubes made up to 2 pints of stock rather than chicken stock, then by my calculation each serving is worth 125 calories and 3g of fat) And it freezes well.
Provided by K8tee
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and fry gently forn 5-7 minutes. Add the parsnips and fry gently for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder and cumin and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, season and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Allow to cool slightly, then puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to the pan and adjust the seasoning. Add the cream (if using), and reheat but do not boil. Serve sprinkled with paprika.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.5, Fat 12.9, SaturatedFat 7.2, Cholesterol 36.5, Sodium 302, Carbohydrate 29, Fiber 6, Sugar 8.8, Protein 6.4
CURRIED PARSNIP SOUP
This recipe elevates the lowly parsnip into something special--a lovely Fall soup. Although not necessary, you can enrich this soup by adding some light cream just before reheating.
Provided by Geema
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan until the butter has melted.
- Add the onion, parsnips,apple and garlic and sauté stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables have softened, but not colored.
- Add the garam masala and chili powder and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour, mixing well, and cook, stirring constantly for an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in the stock and lemon rind and juice, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor, being careful not to splash the hot soup.
- Heat the soup through until piping hot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
People also searched
More about "curried parsnip soup recipes"
CURRIED PARSNIP SOUP - PINCH OF NOM
3.7/5 (59)Category Dinner, Lunch, Side DishesCuisine Non SpecificTotal Time 30 mins
- Keep half of one parsnip aside. Chop the rest of the parsnips into 1 inch pieces. Add to a saucepan with the diced potato, onion, garlic, curry powder and stock pot. Stir in the boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Chop the half parsnip you put aside, into 0.5cm dice. Add to an air fryer with some low calorie cooking spray and cook for 10 minutes until crisp.
- After 10 minutes, finely chop the leafy part of the fresh coriander and add half to the sauce pan. Simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Blitz the soup until thick and creamy - you may need to add some extra boiling water if it is too thick. Add the remaining coriander leaves and blitz for a further few seconds.
CURRIED PARSNIP SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Light Meals & Snacks
CURRIED PARSNIP & APPLE SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EASY CURRIED PARSNIP SOUP - FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
5/5 (3)Calories 180 per servingTotal Time 35 mins
TOP 47 CURRIED PARSNIP SOUP RECIPE RECIPES
CURRIED PARSNIP AND APPLE SOUP WITH PARSNIP CRISPS | RECIPES
TOP 49 CURRIED PARSNIP AND APPLE SOUP RECIPE RECIPES
SPICED PARSNIP SOUP | JAMIE OLIVER VEGETABLE RECIPES
PARSNIP AND COCONUT CURRY SOUP | HARRISON CATERING
SPICED PARSNIP SOUP RECIPE TO ENJOY 'SWEETNESS' OF IN …
CURRIED PARSNIP SOUP RECIPE | SCHWARTZ
TOP 48 CURRIED PARSNIP SOUP RECIPE RECIPES
TOP 45 CURRIED PARSNIP SOUP RECIPE RECIPES
ZINGY & SPICY PARSNIP SOUP RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CURRIED PARSNIP AND APPLE SOUP | CANADIAN GOODNESS - DAIRY …
EASY CURRIED PARSNIP SOUP | HEALTHY SOUP RECIPES
PARSNIP SOUP - JAMES MARTIN CHEF
CURRIED PARSNIP AND PEAR SOUP | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTO
CURRIED PARSNIP SOUP | THE VEG SPACE
CURRIED PARSNIP SOUP - RECIPES - ABC RADIO
CURRIED PARSNIP AND APPLE SOUP | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTO
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #soups-stews #vegetables #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #equipment
Curried Parsnip Soup6.4K views-04:30
Vegan Curried Parsnip Soup7.6K views-03:26
Parsnip soup with curried croutons recipe411 views-02:25
How to Make Healthy Vegan Creamy Curry Parsnip Soup566 views-04:33
Curried parsnip and apple soup759 views-04:21
Parsnip curry vegetable soup recipe144 views-03:09
You'll also love