You'll find variations on this classic sandwich - essentially a fried fillet of fish on a hamburger bun - at seafood shacks all over Maine. This one includes a homemade tartar sauce.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make the tartar sauce: Combine the mayonnaise, pickles and brine, dill, capers, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth, 8 to 10 pulses. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate while you prepare the fish.
- Make the fish: Clean out the food processor and dry. Add the crackers and pulse until very fine. Transfer to a large shallow dish and add 1 teaspoon pepper. Put the flour and beaten eggs in separate shallow dishes; season the flour with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Pat the fish fillets very dry using paper towels. One at a time, dredge each fillet in the flour, coating both sides; dip in the eggs, allowing the excess to drip off, then coat completely in the crackers. Transfer to a plate and let sit 5 to 10 minutes for the coating to set.
- Meanwhile, fill a large deep skillet with 1 1/2 inches of vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350˚ F. Add 2 fillets to the hot oil and cook until the crust is golden brown and the fish is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a large paper towel-lined plate and cook the remaining 2 fillets. Serve the fried fish on the buns with some of the tartar sauce. Serve with chips and the remaining tartar sauce.
Dijon, Parmesan and a hint of horseradish give this toasty fish lots of flavor. The preparation is so easy, it takes just 5 to 7 minutes to get four servings ready for the oven. -Scott Schmidtke, Chicago, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425°. Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon cheese. Place tilapia on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spread evenly with mayonnaise mixture. , Toss bread crumbs with melted butter and remaining cheese; sprinkle over fillets. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 80mg cholesterol, Sodium 292mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
DIJON FISH BURGER SANDWICHES
Make and share this Dijon Fish Burger Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Dancer
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In large skillet, bring 2 cups water to boil over high heat.
- Rinse pollock fillets; add to boiling water in single layer.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork, turning once.
- Drain fish in colander.
- If necessary, remove any small bones; set fish aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat egg slightly; stir bread crumbs, carrot, chives and mustard.
- Add cooked fish; mix well with fork.
- Shape fish mixture into 4 patties, 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
- Wipe same skillet dry with paper towel.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add patties; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until set and lightly browned.
- To serve: Place patties in buns with lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 184.9, Fat 3.8, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 46.5, Sodium 342.6, Carbohydrate 29.9, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 4.2, Protein 7.6
WW DIJON FISH FILLETS - 2 PTS.
This is from a WW cookbook called "15-Minute Cookbook" dated 1998. I have notes in it saying "really good". Dijon mustard has a strong, distinctive flavor. You can us honey mustard, sweet-hot mustard, or spicy mustard. Enjoy!
Provided by teresas
Categories Orange Roughy
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Arrange fillet in an 11X7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine mustard, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce, stirring well; spread mixture evenly over fillet.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Cut fillet in half, and serve immediately.
EASY & DELICIOUS HAM AND DIJON SANDWICHES
Recipe from Steve Erehart's Mom, served at a football party... couldn't get the taste out of my mind for days! Had to call and ask how!
Provided by GotsaLuvMe
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Assemble ham and cheese onto the buns and set aside.
- Combine poppy seed, margarine, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard into small sauce pan.
- Warm all ingredients on medium heat until margarine is melted.
- Spread the mixture onto each bun.
- Wrap each bun in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve to grateful guests!
- Alternatively, you may freeze the unbaked sandwiches in the foil wrap, and remove as desired.
- If frozen, bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379.4, Fat 23.2, SaturatedFat 13.3, Cholesterol 71, Sodium 887.1, Carbohydrate 23.9, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 3.4, Protein 18.5
GRILLED FISH SANDWICHES
I season these fish fillets with lime juice and lemon pepper before grilling them. A simple honey mustard-mayonnaise sauce puts the sandwiches ahead of the rest. -Violet Beard, Marshall, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat grill or broiler. Brush cod with lime juice; sprinkle with lemon pepper. Place on an oiled grill rack over medium heat or in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Grill, covered, or broil 4 in. from heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-5 minutes per side., Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise, mustard and honey; spread onto bun bottoms. Top with fish, lettuce, tomato and bun tops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 43mg cholesterol, Sodium 499mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "dijon fish burger sandwiches recipes"
HOMEMADE FILET-O-FISH (BAKED!!) | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (52)Total Time 35 minsCategory MainCalories 656 per serving
MAPLE SALMON BURGERS | MAPLE FROM CANADA
Servings 4Total Time 25 minsCategory Fish And Seafood
CRISPY FRIED FISH SANDWICHES - THE SEASONED MOM
BURGERS WITH HONEY DIJON SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
FISH BURGERS WITH LIGHT TARTAR SAUCE | CANADIAN LIVING
FRIED FISH SANDWICHES WITH CUCUMBERS AND TARTAR SAUCE
CRUNCHY AIR FRYER FISH SANDWICH - BELLY LAUGH LIVING
SALMON SANDWICH WITH DIJON SAUCE: A QUICK + EASY …
SALMON BURGER RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CRISPY FISH BURGERS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
Cuisine AmericanCategory Dinner, LunchAuthor Grace ParisiTotal Time 1 hr
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the mustard, egg, cilantro, scallions and jalapeño. Fold in the fish and the 1/2 cup of panko and season with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into six 3 1/2-inch patties and coat generously with panko.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter in the oil. Add the fish patties and cook over moderately high heat, turning once or twice, until crisp and heated through, about 8 minutes. Set the patties on the buns. Top with lettuce, tomato and pickles and serve right away.
FRIED FISH SANDWICHES WITH CREAMY SLAW AND TARTAR SAUCE …
4.6/5 (7)Total Time 45 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 753 per serving
MARTHA STEWART'S FISH BURGER RECIPE - TODAY
DIJON FISH BURGER SANDWICHES - CHAMPSDIET.COM
EASY SALMON BURGERS WITH DILL HONEY-MUSTARD, HORSERADISH, AND …
BEST FRIED FISH SANDWICH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE FRIED FISH …
ONE-POT WONDERS: EASY SALMON BURGERS WITH DILL HONEY-MUSTARD ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #lunch #main-dish #seafood #vegetables #fish #stove-top #dietary #sandwiches #equipment
You'll also love