EASY FRUIT CAKE
Give them a fruit cake recipe they'll enjoy with our Easy Fruit Cake made with pecans and mixed dried fruit! Use yellow or chocolate cake mix to make this fruit cake recipe with only 15 minutes of prep time.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 24 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 275ºF.
- Mix eggs, cake mix and applesauce in large bowl until blended. Combine fruit and flour; stir into cake mixture. Pour into 2 (9x5-inch) loaf pans sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 1 hour 45 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely in pans on wire rack. Remove cakes from pans.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar in bowl with mixer until blended. Spread over tops of loaves. Sprinkle with nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 200 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
This easy fruit cake by one of our younger readers, Bree Hamilton, is simple, uses storecupboard ingredients and is perfect for a quick winter pick-me-up
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/ gas 3. Grease and line the base of two 20cm springform cake tins with baking parchment.
- Stir together the oil and sugar, add the eggs, flour, baking powder, spices and juices, and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon until pourable and reasonably runny. Gently fold in the fruit, then divide the batter evenly between the tins. Bake for 20-25 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, then leave to cool.
- When cool, remove from the tins and sandwich the cakes together with jam. Sieve some icing sugar on top to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 505 calories, Fat 23 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 67 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 45 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Butter cake pans, and line with wax paper. Butter the wax paper.
- Sift the flour with the baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, mincemeat, condensed milk, fruit, and nuts. Fold in dry ingredients. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 2 hours, or until center springs back and top is golden brown. Cool. Turn cakes out onto wire rack; remove wax paper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262.4 calories, Carbohydrate 50.4 g, Cholesterol 21.1 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 209.6 mg, Sugar 21.8 g
QUICK AND EASY BRITISH FRUITCAKE
A quick and easy fruit cake for tea time that tastes best fresh out of the oven. You can use any mixed dried fruit you like, including cherries. [Recipe originally submitted to Allrecipes.co.uk]
Provided by Tessaann
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 6-inch round cake pan.
- Place flour in a bowl. Rub butter into the flour until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Add mixed fruit, 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, and mixed spice. Stir to combine. Add milk and egg and mix until batter is soft and easy to drop.
- Drop batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle light brown sugar on top and pat down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347.6 calories, Carbohydrate 56.1 g, Cholesterol 54.5 mg, Fat 12.7 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 367.6 mg, Sugar 17.9 g
These miniature loaves are chock-full of tempting fruit and nuts. The glaze makes them extra moist and tasty. They are wonderful to give as gifts and fun to serve to holiday guests. -Romaine Wetzel, Ronks, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 loaves (8 slices each).
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In large bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour, candied fruit, dates, raisins and nuts; toss until well coated; set aside., In another large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and remaining flour; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice, beating well after each addition. Stir in fruit and nut mixture; mix well., Spoon into five greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. baking pans (pans will be full). Bake at 325° for 1 hour. Cover with foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. , In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. With a pastry brush, brush glaze over warm loaves. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 34mg cholesterol, Sodium 158mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
QUICK AND EASY FRUIT CAKE
This may be made with any fruit: pitted cherries, apples+pecans+cinnamon, peaches + cardamom, plums+ almonds. From Imagelicious http://www.imagelicious.com/blog/post/quick-and-easy-cake
Provided by ellie3763
Yield 1 8x8 cake, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the over to 350F (180C). Butter an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a big bowl whisk together the eggs and the sugar just until it all comes together, about 30 seconds, no more.
- Add the flour (and baking powder if using) and wisk together just until the flour disappears and there are no more lumps, about 45 seconds, no more. The batter will be quite thick and there won't be a lot of it.
- Spread the fruit over the bottom of the dish and spread the batter over. It will barely cover the fruit and it'll look like it's not enough, but it will be great. Alternatively you can mix the fruit with the batter.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes depending on your oven. A toothpick inserted into the cake should come out clean when the cake is ready.
More about "easy fruit cake recipes"
CLASSIC EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE WITH SIMPLE ICING RECIPE
5/5 (1)Category Baking, DessertsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE (NOT DENSE! SPICE CAKE)
FRUITCAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE & VIDEO - JOYOFBAKING.COM
BEST HOLIDAY FRUITCAKE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SUPER MOIST FRUIT CAKE RECIPE | MERRYBOOSTERS
QUICK FRUITCAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
7 COFFEE CAKE & FRUIT BREAD RECIPES - SOUTHERN DISCOURSE
EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPES - COOK.ME RECIPES
MOIST FRUIT CAKE RECIPE WITH BRANDY: TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
MAKE THESE EASY SUMMER CAKES WITH YOUR FAVORITE FRESH …
EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE - BAKE WITH SWEETSPOT
CAKE WITH FRUIT BEST RECIPES
EASY FRUITCAKE フルーツケーキ • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
WAX PAPER BAGS | LOVE RECIPES
FRUITCAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Easy Fruit Cake Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.com209K views-14:47
Super Moist Fruit Cake Recipe for Christmas /Simple and Easy Boiled Fruit Cake Recipe2.7M views-10:07
Christmas Cake Recipe - Easy Fruit Cake that's beautifully moist!1.1M views-04:48
The World's Easiest Fruit Cake44K views-07:36
Easy and Simple Fruit Cake Recipe ❗ SUBTITLES ❗326K views-02:34
Easy Fruit Cake (Classic Version) - Joyofbaking.com1.3M views-08:36
You'll also love