This easy fruit cake by one of our younger readers, Bree Hamilton, is simple, uses storecupboard ingredients and is perfect for a quick winter pick-me-up
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/ gas 3. Grease and line the base of two 20cm springform cake tins with baking parchment.
- Stir together the oil and sugar, add the eggs, flour, baking powder, spices and juices, and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon until pourable and reasonably runny. Gently fold in the fruit, then divide the batter evenly between the tins. Bake for 20-25 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, then leave to cool.
- When cool, remove from the tins and sandwich the cakes together with jam. Sieve some icing sugar on top to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 505 calories, Fat 23 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 67 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 45 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
QUICK AND EASY BRITISH FRUITCAKE
A quick and easy fruit cake for tea time that tastes best fresh out of the oven. You can use any mixed dried fruit you like, including cherries. [Recipe originally submitted to Allrecipes.co.uk]
Provided by Tessaann
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 6-inch round cake pan.
- Place flour in a bowl. Rub butter into the flour until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Add mixed fruit, 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, and mixed spice. Stir to combine. Add milk and egg and mix until batter is soft and easy to drop.
- Drop batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle light brown sugar on top and pat down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347.6 calories, Carbohydrate 56.1 g, Cholesterol 54.5 mg, Fat 12.7 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 367.6 mg, Sugar 17.9 g
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Butter cake pans, and line with wax paper. Butter the wax paper.
- Sift the flour with the baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, mincemeat, condensed milk, fruit, and nuts. Fold in dry ingredients. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 2 hours, or until center springs back and top is golden brown. Cool. Turn cakes out onto wire rack; remove wax paper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262.4 calories, Carbohydrate 50.4 g, Cholesterol 21.1 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 209.6 mg, Sugar 21.8 g
This is my own fruitcake recipe and it's a family favorite. The mixture of fruits and nuts helps make it a tasty treat. -Allene Spence, Delbarton, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 300°. Combine fruit and nuts. In another bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Pour over fruit and nuts; stir to coat. , Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 2 hours. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap tightly and store in a cool place. Bring to room temperature before serving; slice with a serrated knife.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 686 calories, Fat 32g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 342mg sodium, Carbohydrate 92g carbohydrate (61g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Grease and flour a tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, soda, spices, eggs, lemon rind, vanilla, 1/2 cup brandy, fruit, nuts, and melted butter or margarine. Mix thoroughly. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Wrap cooled cake in foil. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons brandy over the cake everyday for 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 639.3 calories, Carbohydrate 71.9 g, Cholesterol 92.3 mg, Fat 27 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 7.5 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 377.8 mg, Sugar 36 g
EASY 3 INGREDIENT FRUIT CAKE.
This is a real easy delightful fruit cake that uses only 3 ingredients. Recommended by the Australian Heart Foundation.
Provided by Pietro
Yield 1 cake, 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- 1. Place mixed fruit in a large bowl.
- 2. Add two cans of apricot nectar.
- 3. Mix gently. Cover and leave to soak overnight.
- 4. Add 4 cups of sifted self raising flour.
- 5. Mix well and pour into greased large square cake tin.
- 6. Place in a pre heated oven. 160 C for 110 minutes.
- 7. Test cake occasionally with a skewer towards end of cooking time.
- 8. Do not over bake as it can dry out cake.
- 9. When skewer comes out clean, remove cake from oven and let cool in tin.
- 10. Turn out on cooling rack.
- You can make your own variety of dried fruit.
- Apricot nectar can be substituted. Pineapple juice or pear juice is excellent.
- Cake freezes well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196.8, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 9, Carbohydrate 47.6, Fiber 4, Sugar 4.9, Protein 3.3
QUICK AND EASY FRUIT CAKE
This may be made with any fruit: pitted cherries, apples+pecans+cinnamon, peaches + cardamom, plums+ almonds. From Imagelicious http://www.imagelicious.com/blog/post/quick-and-easy-cake
Provided by ellie3763
Yield 1 8x8 cake, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the over to 350F (180C). Butter an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a big bowl whisk together the eggs and the sugar just until it all comes together, about 30 seconds, no more.
- Add the flour (and baking powder if using) and wisk together just until the flour disappears and there are no more lumps, about 45 seconds, no more. The batter will be quite thick and there won't be a lot of it.
- Spread the fruit over the bottom of the dish and spread the batter over. It will barely cover the fruit and it'll look like it's not enough, but it will be great. Alternatively you can mix the fruit with the batter.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes depending on your oven. A toothpick inserted into the cake should come out clean when the cake is ready.
More about "easy fruit cake recipes"
52 BEST CHRISTMAS CAKE IDEAS TO SLICE INTO THIS SEASON
EASY HOMEMADE DELICIOUS FRUIT CAKE RECIPE - ETSY CANADA
EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE – NON-ALCOHOLIC CHRISTMAS FRUIT CAKE
FRUITCAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE WITH BRANDY - FOODGURUUSA.COM
CLASSIC EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE WITH SIMPLE ICING RECIPE
EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
QUICK FRUITCAKE RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
PLUM CAKE | PLUM CAKE BY M.K_KHANA.KHAZANA | EASY FRUIT CAKE …
EASY PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE (CAKE MIX RECIPE)
CHRISTMAS CAKE RECIPE - EASY FRUIT CAKE THAT'S BEAUTIFULLY …
EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPES - COOK.ME RECIPES
FRUITCAKE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
EASY FRUIT COCKTAIL CAKE RECIPE - JUST 4 INGREDIENTS! - MSN
27 BEST FRUITCAKE RECIPES FOR CHRISTMAS - FOOD.COM
PEAR & GINGERBREAD CAKE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
EASY FRUITCAKE WITH SPICE CAKE MIX RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
You'll also love