ENGLISH PEAS WITH MINT
Be sure to use fresh English peas, as they have a sweet, delicate flavor well worth the time-consuming effort of shelling them. If you're cooking with children, you can entrust them with the job. Their little fingers are ideal for this type of work
Provided by Russell Moore
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Sauté the spring onion in two tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shelled peas, a pinch of salt, and enough water to barely cover. Cook over high heat for 2 minutes, then add the torn mint leaves. Continue cooking until the peas are tender, a few more minutes. Check for seasoning, and add more salt if needed.
SPRING PEAS WITH MINT
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Add shelled peas to boiling water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Immediately transfer to ice-water bath until cooled; drain. Set aside.
- Add sugar snap peas to boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to ice-water bath until cooled. Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened. Add both peas and stir until heated through and well combined. Season with salt and pepper; stir in mint. Serve immediately.
BUTTER MINT PEAS
- Add the butter to a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Once melted, add the shallots and saute until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in the peas and cook until they are just warmed through, about 4 minutes. Add the mint and cream and stir together. Serve.
SUGAR SNAP PEAS WITH MINT
Simple and quick to prepare. Sugar snap peas are quickly fried with green onion and garlic, and tossed with fresh mint leaves. Wonderful use for spring garden vegetables. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Provided by ORNERY
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sugar snap peas, green onion, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 4 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in the mint leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 67.1 calories, Carbohydrate 8.3 g, Fat 2.4 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 74.7 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat. Add 2 thinly sliced scallions (below); cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add 3 packages (10 ounces each) thawed frozen peas, 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until peas are tender and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint, 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons butter; swirl pan until butter is creamy, 1 minute more.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH MINT, PEAS, AND BACON
Buttery scallops and smoky bacon are balanced by sweet peas and lively mint in this company-worthy dish. All you need is one pan, a handful of ingredients, and 22 minutes to pull it off.
Provided by Rhoda Boone
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place scallops on a paper towel-lined plate and pat very dry with additional paper towels. Season both sides with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper total.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil, covered, in a small pot. Add peas and 1/2 tsp. salt; cook until peas are bright green and tender, about 2 minutes for fresh and 4 minutes for frozen. Drain peas through a strainer set over a bowl; reserve cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a large skillet and heat over medium-high. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, until fat starts to render, about 3 minutes. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened and lightly browned and bacon is crisp, about 3 minutes more. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon and shallot to a small bowl, reserving fat in skillet. Add 1/2 cup cooked peas to bacon mixture.
- Purée lemon juice, 1/8 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper, the remaining 1 1/2 cups peas, and 1/2 cup reserved pea cooking liquid in a blender. Add oil and pureé until smooth. Add 2 Tbsp. mint leaves and pureé until just combined but pieces of mint are still visible. Divide pea purée among 4 plates.
- Heat skillet with reserved fat over high until just barely smoking. Working in batches and adding more oil if necessary, sear scallops until a golden brown crust has formed and scallop releases from skillet, about 3 minutes per side. Top pea purée with scallops and bacon-pea mixture, then sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. mint.
ENGLISH PEAS WITH GRILLED LITTLE GEMS, GREEN GARLIC AND MINT
A dish from the restaurant Camino in Oakland is the inspiration of this recipe. Experiment with a little chicken stock and pasta added to the pea stew, if you like. More spring recipes.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Yield 2 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Prepare a wood or charcoal grill for direct-heat grilling, or use a grill pan on top of the stove. Trim the tops of the green garlic where the leaves begin to branch out. Peel an outside layer of the stalks and slice thinly on the bias. Or very thinly slice the garlic cloves. Set aside.
- Cut the lettuce in quarters lengthwise and brush all over with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Place the lettuce cut-side down on the grill and cook until it has darkish grill marks, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip lettuce quarters to the other cut side and grill for another couple of minutes, then grill on the leafy side briefly. Remove from grill when done.
- Heat 1 cup water, a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt in a large skillet over high heat. When the liquid is at a roaring boil, add the peas and garlic and cook, tasting often for seasoning and adding more water as needed, 3 to 8 minutes, or until the peas are just tender. Add the mint leaves and cook 1 minute. The goal is to have just enough water at the end of the cooking time to emulsify with the oil and thicken slightly.
- To serve, spread the lettuce on a platter and pour the peas and their minty, garlicky juices over it. Serve with grilled chicken, roast duck or by itself.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 93, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 315 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
SNOW PEAS WITH FRESH MINT
Make and share this Snow Peas With Fresh Mint recipe from Food.com.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- NOTE: for a more Asian flare, use a little bit less butter and add some toasted or regular sesame oil. If using frozen snow peas, thaw first.
- Melt butter over medium heat and lightly brown the slivered almonds.
- Add snow peas, fresh mint and 2 tablespoons water.
- Cover pan and cook 2-3 minutes or just until snow peas are crisp-tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69, Fat 4.7, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 27.8, Carbohydrate 5.1, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 2.4, Protein 2.4
More about "english peas with mint recipes"
MINTED PEAS RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Side
ENGLISH PEAS WITH FRESH MINT - WILLIAMS SONOMA
Servings 4Total Time 20 mins
ENGLISH PEA CROSTINI WITH RICOTTA, MINT, AND PROSCIUTTO ...
5 GREAT RECIPES FOR ENGLISH PEAS - LA WEEKLY
PEAS WITH LEMON, MINT, AND SCALLIONS - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
TOP 20 SIDE DISH RECIPES WITH MINT AND SCALLION : 2022
ENGLISH PEAS WITH MINT - FARMERS' MARKET INSTITUTE
ENGLISH PEA SALAD WITH MINT AND RICOTTA - FOOD ABOVE GOLD
SPRING ORECCHIETTE WITH LAMB, MINT, AND ENGLISH PEAS ...
ENGLISH PEA PUREE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SUPER EASY GREEN PEAS WITH MINT RECIPE - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
ENGLISH PEA RECIPE - ENGLISH PEAS WITH MINT RECIPE ...
MINTED PEAS - AN IRISH AND ENGLISH SIDE DISH
FETTUCCINE WITH PEAS AND MINT RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
FRESH ENGLISH PEAS WITH MINT - TINY URBAN KITCHEN
CROSTINI WITH RICOTTA, PEAS AND MINT - AHEAD OF THYME
BUTTERY ENGLISH PEAS WITH FRESH MINT | THE GARDEN OF EATING
RECIPE: ORECCHIETTE PASTA WITH ENGLISH PEAS, PECORINO ...
GARLIC-MINT PEAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FRESH ENGLISH PEAS WITH MINT - COOKEATSHARE
ENGLISH PEAS WITH FRESH MINT ♥ - A VEGGIE VENTURE
RECIPE: CREAMY LEMON PASTA WITH ENGLISH PEAS, MINT ...
TOP 20 MINT, PEAS & SCALLION RECIPES : 2022
ZENB ROTINI WITH ENGLISH PEAS, SHRIMP & MINT
FRESH PEAS WITH MINT RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
PARMESAN PEAS WITH MINT RECIPE - EVERYDAY DISHES
STEAMED ENGLISH PEAS WITH BASIL BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FRESH ENGLISH PEA SALAD WITH MINT AND PECORINO RECIPE ...
GRILLED KING SALMON WITH ENGLISH PEAS AND MINT RECIPE BY ADMIN
RECIPE: ENGLISH PEA SALAD WITH LEMON AND MINT | WHOLE ...
30-MINUTE GNOCCHI WITH ENGLISH PEAS, MINT AND PARMESAN ...
MINTED PEAS | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
ENGLISH PEAS, FAVAS, AND ASPARAGUS WITH MINT RECIPE ...
PIRI PIRI HALIBUT WITH MINT PEA PURéE - GUSTO TV
CURTIS STONE | PEAS WITH BACON AND MINT
PUREED PEA SOUP WITH MINT RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
BUTTERY ENGLISH PEAS WITH FRESH MINT RECIPE BY EVE ...
PASTA WITH PEAS AND MINT - THE SPLENDID TABLE
FRESH PEAS WITH MINT - WILLIAMS SONOMA
PEAS WITH MINT, PARSLEY AND OLIVE OIL
Mushy Peas with Mint Recipe6.2K views-02:25
English Peas with Mint593 views-02:29
Minted Peas - Simple Easy How to recipe22K views-03:19
Chilled English Pea and Mint Soup76K views-04:45
How to Make Pea Salad | Hilah Cooking14K views-04:30
Pea soup | Peas mint soup | Easy Green peas soup2.5K views-03:26
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook fresh peas and mint leaves?Add the shelled peas, a pinch of salt, and enough water to barely cover. Cook over high heat for 2 minutes, then add the torn mint leaves. Continue cooking until the peas are tender, a few more minutes. Check for seasoning, and add more salt if needed.
How do you cook frozen peas and mint for pesto?1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat. Add 2 thinly sliced scallions (below); cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes. Add 3 packages (10 ounces each) thawed frozen peas, 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper.
What do you add to peas to make them taste better?The mint and lemon zest give these peas a flavor boost. 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat. Add 2 thinly sliced scallions (below); cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes.
How to make the perfect pea and mint sausage recipe?Place a saucepan over a moderate heat and add the rapeseed oil. Gently sauté the minced shallots for 2 minutes then stir in 2–3 tbsp of the garlic butter mixture (any excess butter can be stored in the fridge) Once the butter has fully melted, add both the whole and blended peas to the pan along with the chopped mint.