Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan or skillet over low heat, warm the butter and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Place half of the Parmesan into a large serving bowl. Pour the warm butter/cream mixture over the top. Drain the pasta and immediately pour it into the bowl. Toss a couple of times, and then sprinkle in the other half of the Parmesan. Toss to combine, thinning with pasta water if necessary. Serve immediately as a main course or accompaniment to meat or salad. Delicious!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the heavy cream and butter in a large skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, whisking to combine. Whisk in the nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Keep warm over low heat.
- Add the pasta and cheese to the sauce. Increase the heat to medium and toss to coat, adding the reserved cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce. Transfer the pasta to bowls and top with more parmesan.
REALLY CREAMY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cream cheese, Parmesan, margarine, milk, garlic powder and basil and stir over low heat until smooth and creamy, 10 to 15 minutes. Toss sauce with pasta and sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 680.3 calories, Carbohydrate 45.2 g, Cholesterol 77.2 mg, Fat 48.2 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 18.8 g, SaturatedFat 19.5 g, Sodium 673.6 mg, Sugar 4 g
This marvelous recipe is one I got off this newsgroup some months back, but am reposting for the Alfredo request since I have no idea if the original poster is still around to see the new request. Since it isn't mine, I've also included the original poster's notes and attribution. Yummy stuff! Introduction: This is the real thing. You will not find a better Fettuccine Alfredo other than at Alfredo's in Rome, Italy. The secret to his sauce is in the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (don't even try this recipe without it), the balance of the pepper and nutmeg. For some reason restaurants never get it right. Be warned that the sauce is heavy. This recipe serves 2. Recipe by Ricardo Batista Fettuccine Alfredo
Provided by Naomi Schoenfeld1
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Grate the cheese, black pepper and nutmeg if you need to.
- Put 4 quarts of water to boil.
- Cooking: Set small frying pan in mid-high heat. Add the butter and the cream to the frying pan and mix well.
- Stir the sauce frequently and add the black pepper, salt and nutmeg, boil and stir frequently until the sauce becomes heavier, then reduce the heat. Add the pasta to the boiling water along with some salt and cook to your liking.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Add the grated cheese to the sauce and pasta, and mix until the cheese is absorbed by the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1344.1, Fat 74.8, SaturatedFat 44.3, Cholesterol 396.3, Sodium 813.5, Carbohydrate 129.1, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.2, Protein 39.7
Put a pot of water on to boil, then stir the white sauce together as the pasta is cooking. It's just that easy to create a rich and satisfying dinner in just 25 minutes. This top-rated recipe is a home cook favorite-try it tonight and find out why.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat butter and whipping cream over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and mixture starts to bubble. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, toss fettuccine with sauce until well coated. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 580, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 150 mg, Fat 7, Fiber 2 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 24 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1020 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO V
The absolute best Alfredo sauce. You do not want to use a grated parmesan that you buy on a shelf. When you cook with that type, your Alfredo goes from a sauce to a gooey mess. You want to buy a very good and very hard parmesan in triangle form. Also, make sure the cream doesn't boil too much or there will not be enough liquid to make the Alfredo sauce smooth.
Provided by Greg
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettucine pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet melt the butter and add the chopped garlic. Cook on low for about 5 minutes, stirring often, making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Pour about a 1/4 cup of the heavy cream into a small bowl. Add the egg yolk and beat together; put aside. Pour the remaining cream into the frying pan. Increase the heat to medium-high. As the cream starts to boil, mix rapidly using a whisk. Slowly add the cream/egg mixture. You do not want the egg to curdle. Continue whisking until well blended.
- Add 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese and continue to mix the cream. Pour in the remaining Parmesan and the parsley, mix until smooth. Immediately remove from stove. Serve over cooked pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 854.3 calories, Carbohydrate 55.9 g, Cholesterol 230.9 mg, Fat 59.4 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 27.2 g, SaturatedFat 35.9 g, Sodium 806.8 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
Giada De Laurentiis' take on Fettuccine Alfredo, from Everyday Italian on Food Network, gets added flavor from lemon and nutmeg.
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Drain. Stir 2 cups of the cream and the lemon juice in a heavy large skillet to blend. Add the butter and cook over medium heat just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the pasta and toss. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cream, and Parmesan to the cream sauce in the skillet. Add the lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, and white pepper. Toss the pasta mixture over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
Hankering for a comforting bowl of pasta in creamy sauce? This sumptuous Italian dish is for you. It takes just 25 minutes so it's an easy midweek meal
Provided by Orlando Murrin
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a medium saucepan, stir the clotted cream, butter and cornflour over a low-ish heat and bring to a low simmer. Turn off the heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put the cheese and nutmeg in a small bowl and add a good grinding of black pepper, then stir everything together (don't add any salt at this stage).
- Put the pasta in another pan with 2 tsp salt, pour over some boiling water and cook following pack instructions (usually 3-4 mins). When cooked, scoop some of the cooking water into a heatproof jug or mug and drain the pasta, but not too thoroughly.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the clotted cream mixture, then sprinkle over the cheese and gently fold everything together over a low heat using a rubber spatula. When combined, splash in 3 tbsp of the cooking water. At first, the pasta will look wet and sloppy: keep stirring until the water is absorbed and the sauce is glossy. Check the seasoning before transferring to heated bowls. Sprinkle over some chives or parsley, then serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 898 calories, Fat 67 grams fat, SaturatedFat 41 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 49 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 23 grams protein, Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium
TO DIE FOR FETTUCCINI ALFREDO
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and toss with one tablespoon of butter, cover and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat, heat cream and 3 tablespoons of butter, stirring constantly. When cream begins to simmer mix in a small amounts of Romano cheese, stirring constantly, until all cheese is added and sauce has reduced. It should be thick and easily cover the back of a spoon.
- Stir in nutmeg and black pepper. Toss with warm fettuccini and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 928.3 calories, Carbohydrate 46.9 g, Cholesterol 275.3 mg, Fat 77.2 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 16 g, SaturatedFat 47.6 g, Sodium 290.2 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
More about "fettuccine alfredo recipes"
EASY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE FETTUCCINE …
5/5 (34)Category Vegetarian, Birthday, Dinner Party, Dinner
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO | RICARDO
5/5 (82)Calories 715 per servingCategory Main Dishes
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - CATELLI PASTA RECIPES
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPES (30 MINUTES!) - SIMPLY RECIPES
CLASSIC FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SEAFOOD FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
EASY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - LIDIA
BEST FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #pasta #european #italian #pasta-rice-and-grains
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe - Easy Dinner19M views-05:26
How To Make Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta - 30 Minute Meal12M views-04:12
Making The Perfect Fettuccine Alfredo (3 Ways)2.7M views-09:06
World's Best Fettuccine Alfredo | Cooking Italian with Joe3.8M views-16:13
How To Make The Creamiest Fettuccine Alfredo You'll Ever Eat | Delish Insanely Easy176K views-03:07
The Best Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken | SAM THE COOKING GUY 4K2.6M views-18:08
You'll also love