When I was young, my family grew our own cabbages. It was fun to put them to use in the kitchen, just as I did with this comforting side. With potatoes, deviled eggs and cornbread, fried cabbage tastes like home. -Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the sugar, salt, pepper flakes and pepper. Add the cabbage and water. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 251mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
FABULOUS FRIED CABBAGE
- Bring the butter and chicken broth to a boil in a large skillet. Reduce heat to low and add the cabbage. Cover and cook over low heat to steam the cabbage for about 45 minutes, stirring frequently, or until cabbage is tender and sweet. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 66.4 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 5.4 mg, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 384.4 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
This is a great way to get your family to eat veggies. My son dislikes boiled cabbage, but agrees this is a tasty dish.
Provided by Contented Home-maker
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cook and stir bacon, onions, and bell pepper together in a skillet over medium heat until bacon is just starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add cabbage and cook, stirring frequently, until cabbage is tender and transparent, 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164.1 calories, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 20.5 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 9.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 459.6 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
FRIED CABBAGE II
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Remove bacon, and set aside.
- Cook onion in the hot bacon grease until tender. Add cabbage, and stir in water, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook until cabbage wilts, about 15 minutes. Stir in bacon. Splash with vinegar before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 47.1 calories, Carbohydrate 5.2 g, Cholesterol 5.1 mg, Fat 2 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 113.6 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE
- Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Add cabbage, onion, and sugar to the pot; cook and stir continuously for 5 minutes, until tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 189.4 calories, Carbohydrate 13.6 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 527.8 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
EASY FRIED CABBAGE
Easy to make fried cabbage makes a great side dish or throw some smoked sausage in there and make it a complete meal. Any way you have it, you'll be pleased.
Provided by CookingWithShelia
Categories Cabbage Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat grapeseed oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, stir, and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and stir to combine.
- Mix in red and green bell peppers; cook for 1 to 2 minutes Add cabbage, remaining 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, and stir to combine. Add butter and stir until melted. Simmer cabbage until it reaches desired softness, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142 calories, Carbohydrate 18.6 g, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 6.9 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 280.4 mg
More about "fried cabbage recipes"
SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
5/5 (8)Category Side DishesServings 4-6Total Time 35 mins
BEST FRIED CABBAGE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY FRIED …
5/5 (9)Calories 116 per serving
- Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to a paper towel–lined plate, leaving the drippings in the skillet.
THE FRIED CABBAGE RECIPE (THAT YOU CAN’T RESIST!)
10 BEST SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY FRIED CABBAGE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
THE VERY BEST FRIED CABBAGE RECIPE - THE SUBURBAN …
THE BEST FRIED CABBAGE RECIPE (VIDEO) | COOKTORIA
10 BEST PAN FRIED CABBAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRIED CABBAGE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
FRIED CABBAGE - CAFE DELITES
EASY FRIED CABBAGE RECIPE
FRIED CABBAGE COOKED COUNTRY STYLE | PAULA DEEN
FRIED CABBAGE RECIPE - CHICKEN FRIED KITCHEN
FRIED CABBAGE RECIPE - MY FORKING LIFE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #vegetables #easy #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something
How To Make Fried Cabbage | Quick & Easy Southern Fried Cabbage Recipe #MrMakeItHappen #Cabbage1.5M views-07:18
Southern Fried Cabbage Recipe | Keto Recipes1.1M views-12:48
Southern Smothered Cabbage | Southern Fried Cabbage recipe | How to make Smothered Cabbage730K views-04:40
How To Make The Most Delicious Fried Cabbage Ever (Southern Fried Cabbage Recipe)98.9K views-11:55
Easy and Delicious Fried Cabbage | LIVE w/AB1.2M views-51:53
How To Make The BEST Southern Fried Cabbage Croquettes EVER! | Cabbage Patties | Cabbage Recipes477.2K views-10:57
You'll also love