Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield about 1 pound (enough for 12 cupcakes)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter until light and smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING
Whipped cream is a light and simple option for frosting cakes and cupcakes, especially when paired with fresh fruit. The trick is making sure it doesn't get too soft before it's served. Some cooks mix in cream of tartar, which can add a sour note. We prefer powdered milk. It helps create a frosting that's stable enough for piping and layering without affecting the taste
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer in the freezer until cold, about 5 minutes. Alternatively, fill the bowl with ice water and let stand for 5 minutes. Pour out the ice water and quickly wipe the bowl dry.
- Sift the sugar and powdered milk into the chilled bowl, then add the cold cream and vanilla. Whip the mixture on high speed until stiff, but smooth peaks form, about 2 minutes. If you accidentally overwhip, the peaks will look like they are cracking. Add about a tablespoon more heavy cream and hand whip the frosting until it smooths out.
- The recipe makes enough frosting to generously top 24 cupcakes or to cover two 8-inch-round cakes, plus extra to pipe decorations. Unrefrigerated, the frosting will hold its shape for up to 6 hours.
FROSTING IN THE PIE
This was found on the TOH website and is getting rave reviews. It looks simple and would be easy enough to whip together for unexpected guests. Frosting flavor can be changed as desired.
Provided by nonnie4sj
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add frosting and beat well.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Pour into pie shell and refrigerate.
BEST EVER CHOCOLATE PIE - WITH SEVEN MINUTE FROSTING
This chocolate pie is topped with 7 minute frosting. So much better than meringue !!! It is amazing. My Keno group ordered chocolate pie at a restaurant and they told us they used 7 minute frosting on top of the pie. I had to try it and it is delicious !!!
Provided by Carols Kitchen
Yield 2 pies, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- FOR PIE CRUSTS (2 crusts).
- Mix flour & salt in mixing bowl.
- Using pastry blender, cut in Crisco until pea size.
- Add cold water and mix with fork.
- Form ball with hands. Don't over mix.
- Roll out on floured pastry sheet.
- Bake at 375-400 until golden brown.
- FOR PIE FILLING (for 1 pie):.
- In large mixing bowl combine sugar, flour and cocoa.
- Add milk using wire whip and Mix well.
- Cook in microwave for 2 minutes and whip.
- Cook in microwave for another minute and whip.
- Add beaten eggs and cook for 2 minutes in microwave and whip. (You may need to cook for another minute or two until the right consistency.).
- After cooking add butter and vanilla.
- Cool for a few minutes and pour into cooked pie shell.
- Cover filling with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- When pie is chilled, top with 7 minute frosting (see recipe below).
- Use a kitchen torch to brown frosting.
- FOR SEVEN MINUTE FROSTING - TOPPING for 2 pies.
- Place all ingredients except vanilla in top of double boiler (not over heat).
- Beat 1 minute with electric mixer to blend.
- Place over boiling water and cook, beating constantly, till frosting forms stiff peaks, about 7 minutes (don't overcook).
- Remove from boiling water. Add vanilla, beat till spreading consistency, 2 minutes.
- Spread on chilled chocolate pies. Brown top with cooking torch and serve.
More about "frosting in the pie recipes"
ERMINE ICING (COOKED FLOUR FROSTING) RECIPE | KING ARTHUR …
5/5 (24)Total Time 1 hrServings 2.5Calories 100 per serving
- Add the milk and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil and has thickened to a pudding-like consistency, about 3 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the beater attachment. Beat at medium-high speed for about 10 to 15 minutes, until it's below 80°F.
- Reduce the speed to low and, with the mixer running, add the butter a few tablespoons at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed, to make sure the butter is thoroughly incorporated.
11 TYPES OF FROSTINGS TO MAKE FROM SCRATCH | TASTE OF HOME
WHOOPIE PIE RECIPE (WITH 3 OPTIONAL FILLINGS) - PRETTY.
THE BEST CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
FRENCH SILK PIE CAKE (COPYCAT DEEP’N DELICIOUS …
19 CAKE FROSTING RECIPES SO GOOD YOU’LL LICK THE BOWL
Author Joe Sevier
- American buttercream frosting. Perhaps the simplest of all frostings is this uncooked, powdered-sugar-sweetened version of buttercream. It’s the classic type of frosting found on many old-fashioned birthday cakes.
- Swiss meringue buttercream. Making European-style buttercream is slightly more complicated than making American-style: there’s usually some kind of cooking involved, you’re often dealing with hot sugar, and timing matters.
- Italian meringue buttercream frosting. Italian buttercream also relies on egg whites, but it comes together a bit differently. In this case a hot sugar syrup is slowly added to the egg whites while they’re being whipped.
- French buttercream frosting. The method for making French buttercream is very similar to the way you make Italian buttercream, except that instead of whipping egg whites, you whip just the yolks.
- German buttercream (a.k.a. crème mousseline) This version of buttercream starts with a pastry cream or custard—that is, a mixture of cooked egg yolks, milk, sugar, and either cornstarch or flour.
- Whole-egg buttercream frosting. This version of buttercream lands somewhere in the middle of Swiss meringue buttercream and French buttercream. It asks for whole eggs, which means it has the richness of yolk-based buttercreams and lightness of meringue-based.
- Cream cheese frosting. Tangy cream cheese frosting is a natural partner for earthy, sweet carrot cake. Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Olivia Mack Anderson.
- Seven-Minute Frosting. Bright white seven-minute frosting is a long-time companion of dark, rich devil’s food cake. If you’re looking for maximum color contrast, it’s the pairing to beat.
- Ermine frosting (a.k.a. flour frosting, a.k.a. magic frosting) Cream cheese frosting may often be spread on red velvet cake these days, but ermine frosting is the original pairing.
- Old-school bakery frosting (a.k.a. grocery store cake–style frosting) For the sugar rush only this classic frosting can bring—the one closest to the icing you’ll find in shelf-stable cans and supermarket pastry cases—look toward American buttercream, but then veer away from butter and use vegetable shortening instead.
20 BEST 4TH OF JULY RECIPES - EASY FOURTH OF JULY RECIPES
MARGARITA KEY LIME PIE - RECIPE GIRL®
BEST COCONUT-LIME LAYER CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE COCONUT …
CLASSIC CHESS PIE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
39 HOMEMADE FROSTING RECIPES TO TOP ANY DESSERT
VERY EASY HOMEMADE PIE CRUST RECIPE | BEYOND FROSTING
BOSTON CREAM POKE CAKE (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
HOW TO WARM A FRUIT PIE | TIPPIN'S PIES
RAVNEET GILL’S MINI COURGETTE AND OLIVE OIL CAKES WITH LIME FROSTING ...
PUMPKIN WHOOPIE PIES WITH MAPLE FROSTING - I HEART NAPTIME
CRAWFISH HAND PIES RECIPE - TODAY
PERFECT VANILLA ICING (JUST 3 INGREDIENTS) - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
LEMON BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE - WWW.WILTON.COM
QUICK AND EASY ICING RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
ERMINE FROSTING | THE RECIPE CRITIC
BEST APPLE SLAB PIE WITH ICING — DAMN, SPICY!
ITALIAN MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE - WWW.WILTON.COM
VANILLA SWISS MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE
THE BEST CHOCOLATE FROSTING (SUPER CREAMY) - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
52 BEST MEMORIAL DAY DESSERTS - EASY MEMORIAL DAY TREAT RECIPES
THE BEST WHOOPIE PIES (AKA GOBS) - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
THE BEST HOMEMADE PIE RECIPES | BEYOND FROSTING
THAWING AND DEFROSTING PIE – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE - FOODS GUY
BEST BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
#time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #desserts #easy #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love