SUNNY'S GRILLED CORNISH HENS AND VEGGIES CHEAT SHEET
- Preheat the oven or grill for cooking on indirect heat at 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Combine the baby carrots, honey, olive oil, Italian seasoning, Brussels sprouts, potatoes, lemon zest, salt, pepper and juice of 1/2 lemon in a large bowl. Toss to coat and distribute evenly around the edges of the lined baking sheet.
- Place the hens in the middle of the baking sheet. Brush each hen with olive oil all over, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and Hungarian paprika to taste. Stuff each hen with the rosemary and thyme.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack of the oven or above the indirect heat of the grill. Roast until the hens reach an internal temperature of 155 degrees F and the veggies are caramelized, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the grill or oven and allow the hens to rest until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 5 minutes. Spritz with juice from the remaining lemon half before serving.
GRILLED CORNISH GAME HENS
- In a large, non-reactive bowl, mix onion, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, white wine, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, pepper, celery salt, and salt. Place Cornish game hens in the bowl, coating evenly with the marinade mixture. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Cook hens about 1 hour on the prepared grill, brushing occasionally with remaining marinade, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 871 calories, Carbohydrate 8.5 g, Cholesterol 302.4 mg, Fat 69.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 52.1 g, SaturatedFat 15.4 g, Sodium 1124.2 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
GRILLED CORNISH HENS
I like experimenting with different foods and adapting them to my own tastes. These hens are one of my specialties, an entree I concocted by combining a few different recipes. The moist meat has a pleasant grilled flavor that's accented with cloves and ginger.-David Baruch, Weston, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, onions, parsley, ginger, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. , Rub mixture under the skin and over the top of each game hen. Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper inside the hen cavities. , Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. , Place hens breast side up over drip pan; grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 45-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180° and the meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 803 calories, Fat 60g fat (21g saturated fat), Cholesterol 381mg cholesterol, Sodium 855mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 60g protein.
TUSCAN GRILLED CORNISH HENS
- Sprinkle the Cornish hens with 1 teaspoon salt on each side.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a ceramic or glass dish just large enough to hold the flattened hens. Add the hens, and turn to coat. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, turning once or twice.
- When ready to grill, prepare a hot charcoal fire on one side of a grill (or turn a gas grill on low heat). Spread 1/4 of the coals across the other side of the grill. Place the hens on the cooler side skin-side up and weigh them down with a gratin dish with a foil-wrapped brick inside.
- Cook for 12 minutes, until the underside is golden brown. Turn the hens skin-side down, weigh them down again, and cook for another 12 minutes until the skin is golden brown and the hens are cooked through.
- Place the lemon halves on the cool side of the grill, cut-side down, for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Remove the Cornish hens and lemons to a plate or cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the hens in half, sprinkle with fleur de sel, and serve with the grilled lemon halves.
GRILLED CURRY CORNISH HENS
- Preheat grill to 500 degrees F. Place a brick, wrapped in aluminum foil onto the grates of the grill to heat.
- Place the vegetable oil into a 1-quart saucepan and place over high heat. Heat until you see ripples in the in the oil, but do not allow to smoke. Add the fennel, cumin, coriander, mustard seed and paprika. When the seeds begin to pop, remove from the heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, transfer the mixture to the carafe of a blender along with the almonds and salt. Pulse until pureed, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender, if necessary.
- Place the hen breast side down on a cutting board. Using scissors or poultry shears, cut from the neck to the tailbone to remove the backbone. Once you remove the backbone you will be able to see the inside of the bird. Make a small slit in the cartilage at the base of the breastbone to reveal the keel bone. Grab the bird with both hands on the ribs and open up like a book, facing down towards the cutting board. Remove the keel bone. Cut small slits in the skin of the bird behind the legs and tuck the drumsticks into them in order to hold them in place. Place the birds into a baking dish and pour over the puree. Rub the puree onto the birds until thoroughly coated.
- Place the birds onto the middle of the grill, skin side down and cover evenly with the brick. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes. If using a gas grill with multiple zones, decrease the middle flame to low. After 10 minutes, turn the birds over, replace the brick and continue to cook until a thermometer inserted into the thigh reaches 170 degrees F, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and allow the bird to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
GRILLED CORNISH HENS
This is 1 of my late wife's recipes. She was a member on Just A Pinch.com http://www.justapinch.com/me/mbf Brenda Kay Friley...May 27, 1965 - September 19, 2012 We was married on October 9, 2010...pictures of our wedding is in my photo album
Provided by Rev BJ Friley
Categories Other Main Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Before starting the grill - Coat grill rack with non-stick cooking spray
- 2. In a small bowl - Combine the butter, onions, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3. Rub mixture under the skin and over the top of each game hen
- 4. Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper inside the hen cavities
- 5. Grill hens uncovered breast side up over medium heat for 25 minutes
- 6. Turn breast side down, cover and grill for 25 - 35 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees F and the meat juices run clear
More about "grilled cornish hens recipes"
GRILLED CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4/5 (2)Category Dinner, GrillCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
GRILLED CORNISH HENS WITH LEMON AND ROSEMARY RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
GRILL ROASTED CORNISH HENS | GRILL MATES
GRILLED SPLIT CORNISH GAME HENS - HEALTHY WORLD CUISINE
GRILLED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
GRILLED CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
GRILLED CORNISH HENS - GIRLS CAN GRILL
TOP 43 GRILLED CORNISH HEN RECIPES - ISTIMEWA.DIXIESEWING.COM
TOP 43 GRILLED CORNISH HEN RECIPES - HERCULES.DIXIESEWING.COM
10 BEST GRILLED CORNISH HENS RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY GRILLED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED CORNISH HEN RECIPE | GRILLING RECIPES
CORNISH GAME HENS | TRAEGER GRILLS
GRILLED CORNISH HENS RECIPE HOW TO MAKE IT RECIPES
GRILLED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
10 BEST GRILLED CORNISH HENS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLING CORNISH HENS ON GAS GRILL RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
GRILLED CORNISH GAME HEN WITH MAPLE CRANBERRY GASTRIQUE
You'll also love