HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: whole chicken, kosher salt, fresh ginger, fresh scallion, cold water, sesame oil, sesame oil, chicken fat, garlic, fresh ginger, kosher salt, long grain rice, reserved chicken poaching broth, sambal, sriracha, sugar, garlic, fresh ginger, lime juice, reserved chicken poaching broth, fresh ginger, garlic, kosher salt, peanut oil, rice vinegar, reserved fried garlic and ginger, oyster sauce, dark sweet soy sauce, light soy sauce, reserved chicken poaching broth, cucumbers, fresh cilantro
Provided by Matthew Johnson
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 32
- To clean the chicken, rub all over with a handful of kosher salt, getting rid of any loose skin. Rinse the chicken well inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove any excess fat from the chicken and set aside for later.
- Season the chicken generously with salt. Stuff the chicken cavity with the ginger slices and scallions.
- Place the chicken in a large stock pot, cover with cold water by 1 inch (2 cm), and season with salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then immediately reduce the heat to low to maintain a simmer. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (75°C). Remove the pot from the heat.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, reserving the poaching liquid for later, and transfer to an ice bath for 5 minutes to stop the cooking process and to keep the chicken skin springy. Discard the ginger and green onion.
- After it's cooled, pat the chicken dry with paper towels and rub all over with sesame oil. This will help prevent the chicken from drying out.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat ¼ cup (60 ml) of sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of reserved chopped chicken fat, the garlic, ginger, and salt, and fry until aromatic, about 10 minutes.
- Reserve ¼ of the fried garlic mixture, then add the rice to the remaining fried garlic and stir to coat. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the rice to a rice cooker and add 2 cups (480 ml) of reserved poaching broth. Steam the rice for 60 minutes, or until tender.
- While the rice is cooking, carve the chicken for serving.
- Make the chili sauce: combine the sambal, Sriracha, sugar, garlic, ginger, lime juice, and chicken broth in a small bowl and stir to incorporate.
- Make the ginger garlic sauce: in a small bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, salt, peanut oil, and rice vinegar, and stir to incorporate.
- Make the soy sauce: in a small bowl, combine the reserved fried garlic and ginger with the oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, and chicken broth, and stir to incorporate.
- Serve the sliced chicken with the rice, dipping sauces, sliced cucumbers, and fresh cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1248 calories, Carbohydrate 87 grams, Fat 76 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 47 grams, Sugar 9 grams
People also searched
More about "hainanese chicken marion grasby recipes"
HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE | HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC HAINESE …
Author Marion GrasbyViews 307.2K
EASY ONE-POT HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE | MARION'S KITCHEN
4.9/5 (7)Servings 4Cuisine Thai
TAIWANESE THREE CUP CHICKEN | MARION'S KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
HOW TO: HAWKER-STYLE HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE AT …
Author Marion's KitchenViews 584K
MARION GRASBY RECIPES | MARION'S KITCHEN
MARION’S KITCHEN CHICKEN RECIPES | MARION'S KITCHEN
THAI CHICKEN AND RICE ‘KHAO MUN GAI’ | MARION'S KITCHEN
MARION GRASBY - HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE - FACEBOOK
TOP 44 MARION GRASBY CHICKEN RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE THAI STREET FOOD CHICKEN RICE AT HOME - MARION'S …
HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
MARION GRASBY - HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE IN 2022 | HAINANESE …
THE 3 ASIAN CHICKEN RICE RECIPES I LOVE...HAINANESE & THAI
FEELS LIKE HOME: GLENDA LAU'S ROASTED HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE - FOOD
HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE | RICE, CHICKEN MEAT | HAWKER-STYLE …
HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE | HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC HAINESE CHICKEN …
MARION GRASBY - HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE - FACEBOOK WATCH
HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE | HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC HAINANESE CHICKEN …
ALL RECIPES | MARION'S KITCHEN
How To: HAWKER-STYLE Hainanese Chicken Rice At Home 🙌💯 | Marion's Kitchen584K views-14:09
Hainanese chicken rice made EASIER | Marion’s Kitchen72.9K views-04:37
One Pot Dinners | Marion's Kitchen109.9K views-29:53
You'll also love