LOADED HASSELBACK POTATO RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: chopsticks, medium potatoes, butter, salt, pepper, cheddar cheeses, sour cream, bacon, green onion
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Lay 2 chopsticks about 2-3 inches apart on a cutting board.
- Place a potato lengthwise between the chopsticks, making sure the potato touches the cutting board.
- Make ¼-inch slices across the potato, making sure you do not cut through the bottom of the potato. The chopsticks will help serve as a bumper of sorts to prevent this from happening. Repeat with the second potato.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then brush the butter evenly on both of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on top of the potatoes, then bake for about 30 minutes until the slices of each potato have started to separate and crisp up. To have a better separation between the slices, pull the slices apart before they are baked.
- Remove the potatoes and lower the oven heat to 350°F (180°C).
- Place a square of cheddar cheese in between the slits in the potatoes, then return to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
- Garnish each potato with a dollop of sour cream, bacon, and green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 974 calories, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 69 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 46 grams, Sugar 12 grams
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make deep cuts into each potato, 1/4 inch apart, without completely cutting through. Place shallots in each cut (using about half the shallots) and season with salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes, cut sides down, in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Scatter remaining shallots around potatoes.
- Tightly cover dish with foil and bake until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine sage and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees. Top potatoes with sage butter; scoop up loose shallots and divide among potatoes, then bake until golden and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161 g, Fat 6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 4 g
BAKED HASSELBACK POTATOES
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place a potato between 2 wooden spoons. Slice potato crosswise at 1/8-inch intervals, cutting until you hit the spoon handles, being careful not to cut all the way through. Repeat with remaining potatoes and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, paprika, and salt in a small bowl. Brush mixture over the top and in between the slits of potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes have fanned out a bit, and are cooked through on the insides but a bit crispy on the outsides, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over top and bake until melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with additional Parmesan and chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.6 calories, Carbohydrate 38.5 g, Cholesterol 2.2 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 5.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 51.8 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
This Swedish dish takes its name from Hasselbacken, the Stockholm restaurant where it was first served. The seasoned potatoes turn out crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
Provided by POMPIER850
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Peel the potatoes, and place in bowl of cold water to prevent browning. Place potatoes into a large wooden or metal spoon. Using a sharp knife, make slices across the potato the short way about 1/8 to 1/4 inch apart, making sure to cut down to the lip of the spoon, not all the way through the potato. The slices should stay connected at the bottom, and the spoon helps keep the depth even. Return the potato to the bowl of water, and proceed with the remaining potatoes.
- When all of the potatoes are cut, place them cut side up in a shallow baking dish or small roasting pan. Drizzle with half of the butter, then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and drizzle with the remaining butter. Sprinkle Romano cheese and bread crumbs onto the tops of the potatoes, and season with a little more salt and pepper. Return to the oven, and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.3 calories, Carbohydrate 41.1 g, Cholesterol 19.2 mg, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 171.2 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub the potatoes and pat them dry.
- Place 2 chopsticks along either long side of a potato. Using a long paring or chef's knife, score the potato down to the chopsticks (the chopsticks act as a stopgap, keeping you from cutting all the way through the potato). Cut slits 1/8 inch apart all the way down the length of the potato. Repeat with the second potato.
- Place the potatoes on a baking dish and brush with half the butter and sprinkle with some of the thyme and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, brush with the remaining butter and continue baking until cooked through, about 30 minutes more. Sprinkle with more thyme and the Parmesan and bake for 5 minutes more before serving.
These are so easy to make and go with just about anything. It's a great change to the usual baked potato. You can use a different kind of cheese if you like. Hope you enjoy.
Provided by Nimz_
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut potatoes into 1/8 inch slices, cutting only 3/4 through.
- Place cut side up in greased baking dish.
- Brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in 375° oven for 45 to 50 minutes, brushing with butter once or twice .
- Mix cheese and bread crumbs.
- When potatoes start to spread, sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs and then sprinkle with paprika. Bake until tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.8, Fat 9.1, SaturatedFat 5.7, Cholesterol 24, Sodium 277.6, Carbohydrate 29.3, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 1.4, Protein 4.6
Try something different with your Sunday roast this weekend with these garlic and rosemary hasselback potatoes. Using same-sized potatoes will help them cook through evenly
Provided by Anna Glover
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Use a metal skewer and insert through the back of one of the flatter sides of the potato. It should go through most of the potato. Place on a chopping board, skewer-side down, and slice through the potato (be careful not to cut all the way through on both ends). You can also put each potato in-between two handles of wooden spoons, and cut through to the spoon, if this is easier for you. A sharp knife will help to make slices a few mm apart. Remove the skewer and repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Put the potatoes cut-side up on a shallow baking tray and drizzle over the oil. Rub each potato with your hands to coat well in the oil, getting some in between the slices. Toss in the bashed garlic, rosemary, and season well. Roast for 50 mins - 1 hr until the potatoes are tender throughout and the tops are golden and crisp. Baste with any oil in the pan halfway cooking to get extra crisp potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 61 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.12 milligram of sodium
People also searched
More about "hasselback potatoes recipes"
BEST HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Preheat the oven to 425°. On a cutting board, place a potato lengthwise between two chopsticks.
- Partially slice each potato into ⅛”-thick slices, making sure not to cut all the way through by using the chopsticks as a safety guard.
HASSELBACK POTATOES WITH CHEESE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
HASSELBACK POTATOES | POTATO RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER …
MINI HASSELBACK POTATOES - DAMN DELICIOUS
EASY CHEESY HASSELBACK POTATOES - JUST A TASTE
EASY HASSELBACK POTATOES - SPEND WITH PENNIES
GARLIC BUTTER HASSELBACK POTATOES | THE RECIPE CRITIC
HASSELBACK POTATOES, 12 WAYS - FOOD.COM
CRISPY HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
10 BEST HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE HASSELBACK POTATOES | KITCHN
DELICIOUS HERBED HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE BY …
HASSELBACK POTATOES | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
GARLIC PARMESAN HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE – STATE OF DINNER
HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE | FINE DINING LOVERS
VEGAN HASSELBACK POTATOES - THERESCIPES.INFO
HASSELBACK POTATO CASSEROLE | DINNER | THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
HASSELBACK POTATOES - RECIPE - STEFANO FAITA
HASSELBACK POTATO W/ KITCHEN HACKS + VIDEO | KEVIN IS COOKING
HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPES - SIMPLE HOME EDIT
HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
HASSELBACK POTATOES | RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
HASSELBACK WAFFLE-CUT POTATOES - MORIBYAN.COM
HASSELBACK POTATOES – RECIPE WONDERLAND
HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE - MAGNOLIA
HASSELBACK POTATO RECIPE #SHORTS #HASSELBACKPOTATOES …
HASSELBACK POTATOES - RECIPE.TV
HOMEMADE HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE » RECIPEFAIRY.COM
CRISPY HASSELBACK POTATOES WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC
AIR FRYER HASSELBACK POTATOES | ACCORDION POTATO RECIPE
TOP 42 RECIPE HASSELBACK POTATOES INA GARTEN-RECIPES
HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE - THE ART OF FOOD AND WINE
HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE - THE DINNER BITE
HASSELBACK POTATOES IN AIR FRYER - CULINARY SHADES
TACO HASSELBACK POTATOES | SO DELICIOUS
HASSELBACK POTATO RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HASSELBACK POTATOES - HEALTHIER STEPS
#time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #potatoes #vegetables #easy #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
How to make HASSELBACK POTATOES recipe (Baked Potato)3.8M views-11:10
How to Make Hasselback potatoes3M views-03:52
4 Outrageous Hasselback Potatoes Recipes125K views-04:42
HASSELBACK POTATOES Recipe - How to make Crispy Good Baked Potatoes66K views-02:58
Tasty Hasselback Potatoes with Cheese and Bacon | Recipes by Warren Nash18K views-02:31
Jalapeño Popper Hasselback Potatoes Recipe75K views-01:36
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a Hasselback potato?End of dialog window. Hasselbackspotatis, aka Hasselback potatoes, are a Swedish invention that transforms a humble baked potato into an ingenious work of art. Each potato is partially sliced into a row of thin slivers that then get brushed with oil or butter and baked to roasty-toasty crispy-crunchy perfection.
What are the ingredients in a Hasselback potato?Hasselback PotatoRumbling Tummy rosemary, garlic, olive, olive oil, butter, russet potatoes, salt and 1 more Crispy Loaded Hasselback Potato BitesThe Comfort of Cooking
What is the best way to cook Hasselback potatoes?Here are our key tips for making the most beautiful and most delicious Hasselback potatoes: Use a sharp knife to make very thin cuts. To make a beautifully crispy Hasselback, make your cuts as close to each other as possible—ideally 1/8" apart.
How to bake potatoes in the oven?Return the potato to the bowl of water, and proceed with the remaining potatoes. When all of the potatoes are cut, place them cut side up in a shallow baking dish or small roasting pan. Drizzle with half of the butter, then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.