HERBED GARLIC AND PARMESAN CROUTONS
- In a small saucepan combine the garlic, the oregano, the basil, the thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, the pepper, and the oil and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, and discard the garlic. In a bowl toss the bread cubes with the oil mixture, spread them in a jelly-roll pan, and bake them in ht e middle of a preheated 350°F oven for 8 minutes. Sprinkle the croutons with the Parmesan and bake them for 7 minutes more, or until they are golden. Sprinkle the croutons with the additional salt and let them cool. The croutons keep in an airtight container for 1 week. Serve the croutons as a topping for tossed green salad.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add bread cubes, and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp and dry. Check frequently to prevent burning. Cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89.1 calories, Carbohydrate 4.2 g, Cholesterol 20.4 mg, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 100.8 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
- Heat the olive oil in a large (10-inch) saute pan until hot. Add the bread and cook over medium heat, tossing frequently, until the bread is evenly toasted and browned. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix butter, Parmesan cheese, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, and salt together in a large, flat-bottomed bowl; add bread cubes and turn with a spatula to coat. Spread coated bread cubes onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool croutons completely before storing in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 132.6 calories, Carbohydrate 11.2 g, Cholesterol 22.1 mg, Fat 9 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 375.2 mg, Sugar 1 g
Make and share this Herbed Croutons recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Bridget Elaine
Yield 4-6 Cups, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut bread into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Toss well.
- Bake at 350°F until crispy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.9, Fat 6.1, SaturatedFat 1.1, Sodium 633.1, Carbohydrate 49.9, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 2.3, Protein 10.3
HERBED GARLIC CROUTONS
Make and share this Herbed Garlic Croutons recipe from Food.com.
Provided by riffraff
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 2 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large skillet, heat margarine.
- Add seasonings.
- Cook for about 1 minute to soften.
- Stir in bread cubes and saute until browned and crisp.
- Scatter on tops of soups or salads just before serving.
- VARIATIONS: - try other seasonings of your choice such as curry powder, cut into cubes.
- Spread on ungreased baking sheet.
- Toast in 400 deg F oven for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown and crisp.
- Store in tin at room temperature for 1-2 days; some of their crispness will be lost if stored in plastic container.
- They may be reheated and crisped in 350 deg F oven for 5 minutes.
HERB GARLIC PARMESAN CROUTONS
These croutons are a much more delicious version made at home versus the ones in a box from the store. This is the perfect way to add flavor and crunch to any tossed salads!
Provided by Francine Lizotte
Categories Other Breads
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Mix together olive oil and garlic; let it infuse for 4 to 5 hours at room temperature.
- 2. Preheat oven to 300ºF. Cut a baguette in half, then half and then in cubes; place in a big bowl.
- 3. Using a fine sieve, strain oil infusion over the bread cubes, pressing garlic with the back of a spoon. Toss very well with a spatula until bread is completely coated. Mix half a cup of cheese with thyme, oregano, basil, cayenne and black pepper; toss well.
- 4. Place cubes on a baking sheet in a single layer; bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and toss again; bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven (they won't be cook) and press them against each other. Sprinkle the rest of Parmesan cheese; return to the oven until done and crispy, about 13 to 15 minutes. Store them in a Ziploc bag when they are completely cool.
- 5. To view this recipe on YouTube, click on this link >>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeajitJ71D0
People also searched
More about "herbed garlic and parmesan croutons recipes"
GARLIC HERB CROUTONS RECIPE WITH PARMESAN - EASY PEASY …
Ratings 1Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Side Dish
GARLIC-HERB PARMESAN CROUTONS RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
Cuisine ItalianCategory Side DishServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper until warm, about 2 minutes.
- Place croutons on a lipped baking sheet covered with a Silpat or parchment paper, and sprinkle on grated Parmesan cheese.
CRISPY GARLIC PARMESAN CROUTON RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.6/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, IngredientCalories 294 per serving
HOMEMADE GARLIC AND HERB CROUTONS | BAKED BY RACHEL
GARLIC HERB PARMESAN CROUTONS - RASA MALAYSIA
HOMEMADE CROUTONS ~ EASY, VERSATILE, DELICIOUS! • …
HERBED GARLIC AND PARMESAN CROUTONS - BIGOVEN.COM
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CROUTONS + GARLIC AND HERB CROUTONS …
ROASTED POTATOES RECIPES: 15 EASY OVEN-ROASTED POTATO RECIPE …
HOMEMADE CROUTONS (WITH PARMESAN) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
HERBED GARLIC AND PARMESAN CROUTONS - THE FAMILY COOKBOOK
HERB, GARLIC AND PARMESAN CROUTONS RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
HERB AND GARLIC TOMATO SPAGHETTI - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
GARLIC PARMESAN CROUTONS | LOVEFOODIES
BAKED SALMON WITH PARMESAN HERB CRUST - MOM ON TIMEOUT
AIR FRYER CROUTONS - SIMPLE AND SAVORY
LEMON-GARLIC BONELESS, SKINLESS CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
GARLIC PARMESAN CROUTONS - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
Herb Garlic Parmesan Croutons Recipe • Tasty Ingredient for Salads & Stuffing! - Episode 1411.4K views-05:24
How to Make Croutons - Garlic Parmesan Croutons Recipe519.7K views-03:20
Andrew Zimmern Cooks: Garlic & Herb Croutons79.7K views-01:43
Parmesan Herb Croutons recipe168 views-00:52
Easy GARLIC PARMESAN Soup Salad CROUTONS Recipe2.6K views-03:39
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long does it take to make garlic-Parmesan croutons?Garlic-Parmesan Croutons Marti Garlic-Parmesan Croutons patricia Garlic-Parmesan Croutons Chef Mo + 88 more images Recipe Summary test prep: 10 mins cook: 15 mins total: 25 mins Servings: 7 Yield: 3 1/2 cups Nutrition Info Advertisement Ingredients Decrease Serving 7 Increase Serving Adjust Original recipe yields 7 servings
Can I use fresh parsley for garlic croutons?When I make garlic herb Parmesan croutons, I use fresh parsley but you can use any fresh herbs that you like. Or if you just want garlic croutons, you can make this recipe without any herbs.
How many different types of garlic-Parmesan croutons are there?Garlic-Parmesan Croutons 1 of 12 Garlic-Parmesan Croutons Junglevox Garlic-Parmesan Croutons 2 of 12 Garlic-Parmesan Croutons Marti Garlic-Parmesan Croutons 3 of 12 Garlic-Parmesan Croutons patricia Garlic-Parmesan Croutons
What are the best homemade croutons?They come out very crispy, airy, and every bite has a shattering crunch. Seriously, garlic herb Parmesan croutons are the best homemade croutons! What’s more, it takes less than 25 minutes to make them, from prep time to out of the oven.