These homemade Pop-Tarts® include all the flavor of the original, but don't contain any of the stuff you can't pronounce on the back of the box! They freeze well and can be filled with anything. Try pumpkin butter, cinnamon sugar, Nutella®, or peanut butter and jelly! Homemade fruit preserves are delicious as well! Top with confectioners' sugar.
Provided by Bettina M. Hornsby
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt together into a bowl. Cut in chilled butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles small peas. Add vanilla. Mix in cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough comes together and forms a ball.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces and wrap with plastic wrap; chill until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Beat softened butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl to make filling.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured work surface to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough into rectangles with a knife. Drop 1 tablespoon of filling onto half of the rectangles. Cover with remaining rectangles. Press edges with a fork to seal. Poke a few holes in the top of each pastry with a toothpick.
- Arrange pastries on the lined baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool pastries on a wire rack, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 322.7 calories, Carbohydrate 26.5 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 236.5 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
I remember coming home sullen one day because we'd lost a softball game. Grandma, in her wisdom, suggested, "Maybe a slice of my homemade apple pie will make you feel better." One bite, and Grandma was right. If you want to learn how to make homemade apple pie filling, this is really the only recipe you need. -Maggie Greene, Granite Falls, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat. , On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim even with rim. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edge loosely with foil. , Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20-25 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 227mg sodium, Carbohydrate 67g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "homemade apple pie filled poptarts recipes"
APPLE PIE POP TARTS - BAKERS TABLE
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Place apple pie filling and cornstarch mixture in bowl of food processor and process until the apples are chopped into small pieces.
HOMEMADE APPLE PIE POP-TARTS — BUNS IN MY OVEN
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 529 per serving
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the flour, sugar, and salt for 10 to 15 seconds. Scatter the butter over the top. Mix on low speed for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or just until the flour is no longer bright white and holds together when you clump it. Lumps of butter the size of pecans should be visible throughout the dough.
- Melt the butter over high heat in a medium sauce pan. Add the apples and stir until they just start to soften, about 2 or 3 minutes. Add the sugar and continue stirring for another 3 to 4 minutes or until the sugar has melted and mixed with the apples. Remove from the heat and transfer the apple mixture to a bowl. Cool for 30 minutes. Add the egg, cinnamon, salt, and flour to the apples and mix with a spatula until they are thoroughly and evenly incorporated. Cool completely before using.
APPLE PIE POP TARTS - WIFE MAMA FOODIE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE POP TARTS - ALLRECIPES
APPLE PIE POP TARTS | IMPERIAL SUGAR
HOMEMADE POP-TARTS: APPLE PIE, S’MORES AND FUNFETTI
APPLE PIE POP TARTS | DIXIE CRYSTALS
APPLE PIE POP-TARTS - HALFPASTHUNGRY
HOMEMADE FROSTED BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON POP TARTS
APPLE PIE POP TARTS - PUMPKIN 'N SPICE
APPLE HAND PIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
HOMEMADE APPLE POP TARTS WITH PIE CRUST AND CARAMEL APPLE …
APPLE POP TARTS RECIPE - THE WORLD RECIPE
BEST HOMEMADE APPLE PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY APPLE PIE …
APPLE POP TARTS - THE FIT PEACH
APPLE PIE RECIPES
BEST APPLE PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC APPLE PIE - DELISH
EASY APPLE PIE FILLING - EVERYDAY PIE
THIN FRENCH APPLE TART RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
EASY CINNAMON APPLE PASTRY RECIPE | APPLE PIE FILLING RECIPE
EASY HOMEMADE POPTARTS | AN EASY BREAKFAST IDEA
HOW TO MAKE PIE: PIE CRUST, PIE FILLING AND BAKING
APPLE PIE FILLING (EASY HOMEMADE RECIPE) - BAKED BY AN INTROVERT
SOUR CREAM-APPLE PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
COPYCAT POPTART RECIPE - MASHED.COM
You'll also love