ITALIAN BAKED MEATBALLS
This recipe makes the most tender and tasty meatballs. I also freeze these meatballs and take out how many servings I need for each meal. If cooking in sauce, add baked meatballs 20 minutes before serving time.
Provided by Dawn Fronius
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Italian
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix bread crumbs, Romano cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder together. Combine with water and eggs. Add ground beef and mix well. Roll mixture into balls and place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343 calories, Carbohydrate 14.1 g, Cholesterol 135.2 mg, Fat 20.4 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 24.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 611.7 mg, Sugar 1 g
CHEF JOHN'S ITALIAN MEATBALLS
Homemade meatballs are a very easy to make, and since we skip the very messy step of pan-frying these before they hit the sauce, it becomes downright simple. Here I use a standard half-beef/half-pork mixture. You can substitute water or beef broth for the milk, if preferred.
Provided by Chef John
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Italian
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Soak bread crumbs in milk in a small bowl for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onions in hot oil until translucent, about 20 minutes.
- Mix beef and pork together in a large bowl. Stir onions, bread crumb mixture, eggs, parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, Italian herb seasoning, and Parmesan cheese into meat mixture with a rubber spatula until combined. Cover and refrigerate for about one hour.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Using wet hands, form meat mixture into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Arrange onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81.9 calories, Carbohydrate 1.7 g, Cholesterol 32.3 mg, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 192.1 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
BAKED ITALIAN MEATBALLS
These are really tasty and I love that they are baked in the oven rather than pan-fried. I found this recipe in Cooking light originally and have made them several times with great success. They freeze well after cooking - I just thaw them and add them to simmering sauce for a great spaghetti dinner on busy nights.
Provided by HeatherFeather
Yield 30 meatballs, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray a broiler pan with broiling rack well with nonstick spray (I line the bottom part with foil and then spray).
- Combine all ingredients well.
- Form into 30 meatballs using a 1 1/2" diameter scoop (or use your hands).
- Set on sprayed broiler rack in prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Add these meatballs to your favorite sauce and serve over pasta or in a hoagie roll with sauce& cheese to make a great sandwich.
ROASTED ITALIAN MEATBALLS
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 10 servings (30 to 32 meatballs)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Place the sirloin, pork, and veal in a large mixing bowl and lightly break up the meats with a fork and your fingertips. Add the bread crumbs, Pecorino, Parmesan, garlic, parsley, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Add the eggs, wine, and 3/4 cup water and combine lightly but thoroughly.
- Measure out 2-ounce portions of the mixture (I use a rounded 1 3/4-inch ice cream scoop) and roll each lightly into a ball. Place one inch apart on the prepared sheet pans. Brush the meatballs with the olive oil.
- Bake the meatballs for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned. Pour the marinara into a large pot and bring to a simmer. Carefully add the meatballs and simmer for 10 minutes, until heated through.
- To serve with polenta, spoon a puddle of creamy Parmesan polenta on one side of each dinner plate. Spoon 1 or 2 meatballs plus a puddle of tomato sauce on the other side, allowing them to combine in the center of the plate. To serve with spaghetti, distribute among shallow pasta bowls. Spoon the meatballs and sauce onto the pasta. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan and serve hot.
- Place the chicken stock in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and cook over medium-high heat until the stock comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and very slowly whisk in the cornmeal, whisking constantly to make sure there are no lumps. Switch to a wooden spoon, add the salt and pepper, and simmer, stirring almost constantly, for 10 minutes, until thick. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan thoroughly while you're stirring. Off the heat, stir in the Parmesan, creme fraiche, and butter. Taste for seasonings and serve hot with extra Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top.
GREAT-GRANDMA'S ITALIAN MEATBALLS
My great-grandmother started this easy meatball recipe with our family. We use ground beef and turkey for these meatballs, and the flavor's so good, you won't miss the extra calories. -Audrey Colantino, Winchester, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Cool slightly., In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, seasonings and onion mixture. Add turkey and beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls., Place meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until lightly browned and cooked through, 18-22 minutes. If desired, serve with pasta and pasta sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 125mg cholesterol, Sodium 569mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
People also searched
More about "italian baked meatballs recipes"
BAKED ITALIAN MEATBALLS - BEEF - IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER
Cuisine ItalianCategory EntréeServings 4Total Time 35 mins
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, egg, water, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 2-inch meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 24 to 27 minutes.
- Serve with pasta sauce over hot cooked pasta or as sandwiches in crusty Italian rolls, if desired.
ITALIAN BAKED MEATBALLS RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
5/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main DishCalories 417 per serving
ITALIAN BAKED MEATBALLS RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 6Calories 617 per servingTotal Time 2 hrs 20 mins
ITALIAN MEATBALL RECIPES
OVEN BAKED ITALIAN MEATBALLS | RECIPETIN EATS
HOMEMADE BAKED ITALIAN MEATBALLS - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
TOP 44 BAKED ITALIAN MEATBALLS RECIPE RECIPES
15 ITALIAN RECIPES WITH CHICKEN - THE SEASONED MOM
OVEN BAKED MEATBALLS + VIDEO - THE SLOW ROASTED ITALIAN
10 BEST BAKED ITALIAN MEATBALLS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FAMILY REUION MULTI-BEAN BAKED BEANS - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
TURKEY MEATBALLS ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
ITALIAN BAKED MEATBALLS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
GIADA'S RECIPE FOR 'CHICKEN PICCATA MEATBALLS' WILL BE A NEW STAPLE ...
TOP 40 BAKED ITALIAN MEATBALLS RECIPE EASY RECIPES
MEATBALLS STUFFED WITH BAKED MOZZARELLA – FASTINHAND RECIPES
OVEN BAKED MEATBALLS (OLD SCHOOL ITALIAN MEATBALL RECIPE)
BEST ITALIAN MEATBALL RECIPES
EASY PORK MEATBALLS - GIRL CARNIVORE
ITALIAN-STYLE PORK MEATBALLS RECIPE - HOME CHEF
THE BEST BAKED ITALIAN MEATBALLS RECIPE ~ BARLEY & SAGE
EASY ITALIAN BAKED MEATBALLS-(WITH VIDEO!)-JUST LIKE NONNA MADE
BAKED MEATBALLS RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
ITALIAN BAKED MEATBALLS - EASY RECIPE - BOULDER LOCAVORE®
My Secrets for the Best Oven Baked Italian Meatballs20.7K views-08:19
Classic Italian Meatballs in the Oven Recipe8.6K views-05:12
Meatballs Easy Recipe (How to Prepare) – Gordon Ramsay1.8M views-03:04
Juicy MEATBALL RECIPE - How to Cook Italian Meatballs2.6M views-06:17
BAKED Italian Meatballs14.7K views-01:11
You'll also love