RICH ITALIAN PASTA SAUCE
"I got this recipe 25 years ago from my boyfriend's Italian barber. I've adjusted it a little and now it's my specialty," writes Jeannie Peirce of Brentwood, California. Whip it up for dinner tonight and freeze any remaing sauce for later.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. , Add the tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and pepper. Stir in sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. , Stir in parsley and oregano. Serve desired amount with pasta. Cool remaining sauce; transfer to freezer containers. Freeze for up to 3 months., To use frozen sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a saucepan and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 721mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ITALIAN PASTA SAUCE
I picked up this recipe when I lived in Italy; everyone loves it. Thought it was time to share! The Merlot and chicken granules are very important ingredients that set this recipes aside from other sauces.
Provided by Celeste Debruzzi
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until the onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sit tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, wine, tomato paste, chicken bouillon granules, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper with the onion mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer, stirring frequently, for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 63.5 calories, Carbohydrate 10.1 g, Cholesterol 0.1 mg, Fat 1.2 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 788.1 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
ITALIAN PASTA SAUCE
As a special part of their wedding buffet, my daughter Kris' husband fixed a big batch of this thick flavorful pasta sauce. The recipe was brought by his grandmother from Italy more than 80 years ago. -Judy Braun, Juneau, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef in 2 batches over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same pan, saute onion, celery and garlic in oil until vegetables are tender. , Return the beef and sausage to the pan. Add the next 9 ingredients, including allspice if desired, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until sauce reaches desired thickness, stirring occasionally, 2-3 hours. Serve over pasta.Freeze option: Freeze cooled sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Add a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284 calories, Fat 15g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 57mg cholesterol, Sodium 821mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
REAL ITALIAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE
My mother who is Italian-born was taught this recipe by her mother before teaching me. I hope you enjoy it.
Provided by Tina Dirmyer
Yield 3-4 quarts
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil.
- Add onions& garlic and cook until just beginning to brown.
- Add Pork and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add Tomato Puree and Crushed Tomatoes and stir well.
- Add spices (add more or less to your liking) and bring to a boil, stirring often, for about 20 minutes Turn heat down to low and simmer for about 2-2 1/2 hours, stirring often.
OLD WORLD ITALIAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE
This is a great old world Family recipe. Its also great with italian sausage,or meatballs. Just stir often while cooking when using meats.
Provided by FarahC
Yield 12-14 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large stockpot on low-med heat add your olive oil and saute your onions for about 4 minutes,then add your crushed garlic,cook for 2 minutes longer. Then add your water,and tomato products. Be sure to mix everything very well.Add in your spices,and cheese. cook for 2 1/2 hours covered.Then add in your wine, and cook 30 minutes longer. Sauce will be thin on first day.Also if you use meat it will alter thickness.The second day this turns into a nice thick sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.6, Fat 5.2, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 1.8, Sodium 647.1, Carbohydrate 25.2, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 9.7, Protein 5.5
More about "italian pasta sauce recipes"
ITALIAN SAUCE RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
PASTA SAUCES RECIPES - COOKING WITH NONNA
PASTA SAUCES | ALLRECIPES
QUICK AUTHENTIC HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE FOR PASTA
LIST OF 19 MOST POPULAR ITALIAN PASTA SAUCES - UNLIMITED …
- Bolognese Sauce. A meat-based sauce, Bolognese is typical of Bologna and is often used to dress tagliatelle al ragu or make lasagne alla bolognese. In addition, a bolognese sauce is perfect for pasta dishes.
- Ragu Sauce. If you’re looking for a quick and easy pasta recipe, a ragu sauce is a great choice. The meat-based ragu is typically a Bologna classic, and it’s often used to dress tagliatelle al ragù or prepare lasagne alla bolognese.
- Marinara Sauce. A marinara sauce is a thick tomato sauce, commonly made from tomatoes and a variety of herbs, spices, and onions. It can also contain olives and capers.
- Alfredo Sauce. Homemade Alfredo sauce is the most classic of all pasta sauces. It is smooth, creamy, and a great choice for pasta and chicken dishes. You can serve it with vegetables, breadsticks, or as an appetizer.
- Vodka Sauce. Vodka sauce is a thick tomato sauce with typical Italian herbs and heavy cream. It is a staple of Italian-American cuisine. Although it has become popular in the United States, it originated in Italy.
- Spinach Sauce. Spaghetti with spinach sauce is a healthy, tasty way to hide vegetables in the food and trick your children into eating them. This easy-to-make sauce is full of flavor and can be easily reheated in the microwave or stove.
- Artichoke Sauce. Artichoke sauce is a delicious condiment made from the hearts of artichokes. It can be served with pasta or rice and is also a great addition to a vegetarian meal.
- Pesto Sauce. Pesto sauce is an Italian dish that originated in the Liguria region. It traditionally consists of crushed garlic, European pine nuts, coarse salt, and basil leaves.
- Cream Sauce. You can prepare your own garlic cream sauce at home without the use of artificial ingredients. You will only need heavy or skimmed milk, a little bit of butter, and salt.
- White Wine Sauce. To make white wine sauce, you should use dry white wine. It is important not to use sweet wine. Also, use the best quality white wine you can find.
BETTY CROCKER ITALIAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE BEST RECIPES
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN PASTA RECIPES — STRAIGHT FROM ITALY!
10 BEST ITALIAN CREAM SAUCE FOR PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPAGHETTI SAUCE (EASY ITALIAN RECIPE WITH 6 INGREDIENTS)
ITALIAN PINK SAUCE PASTA: A SIMPLE, DELICIOUS RECIPE
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN PASTA SAUCE RECIPE – REAL FOOD WITH SARAH
EASY PASTA SAUCE RECIPES - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
7 ITALIAN RECIPES AND TOMATO SAUCE IDEAS IN 2022 | ITALIAN RECIPES ...
46 SAUCY ITALIAN PASTA DISHES YOU SHOULD KNOW AND LOVE
7 ITALIAN HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE PASTA RECIPES.
ITALIAN PASTA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
ITALIAN PASTA RECIPES | LIFE IN ITALY
THE BEST PASTA SAUCES: FAVORITE REGIONAL ITALIAN RECIPES: A COOKBOOK
10 BEST ITALIAN DRESSING PASTA SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
Best Italian Tomato PASTA SAUCE RECIPE1.5M views-13:06
Italian Arrabbiata Sauce | Pasta Sauce Recipe98.4K views-13:40
World's Best Tomato Pasta Sauce | Cooking Italian with Joe752.7K views-12:07
How to make authentic Italian spaghetti sauce (gravy) from scratch147.6K views-05:08
How to make the SIMPLEST ITALIAN PASTA SAUCE at home378.4K views-05:47
Bolognese Sauce The Best (Authentic Italian Dinner Recipe) - Gordon Ramsay2.8M views-02:24
You'll also love