ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and butter a shallow 3-quart baking dish. Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned and no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Add the celery and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sage. Add the broth, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper; bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the parsley, bread cubes and sausage-broth mixture and stir until combined. Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish. Cut the remaining 2 tablespoons butter into small cubes and scatter evenly over the stuffing. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes, then uncover and bake until golden, 20 to 30 more minutes.
SAUSAGE AND HERB STUFFING
Ina Garten's Sausage and Herb Stuffing recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network features spicy Italian sausage, apples and dried cranberries.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place the bread cubes in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake for 7 minutes. Raise the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Remove the bread cubes to a very large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, melt the butter and add the onions, celery, apples, parsley, salt and pepper. Saute over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened. Add to the bread cubes.
- In the same saute pan, cook the sausage over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up the sausage with a fork while cooking. Add to the bread cubes and vegetables.
- Add the chicken stock and cranberries to the mixture, mix well, and pour into a 9 by 12-inch baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, until browned on top and hot in the middle. Serve warm.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE BREAD
This Italian-style stuffed bread is packed with eggs, sausage, pepperoni and cheese. When I know I'll really be pressed for time, I bake this a day in advance and reheat slices for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (12 slices).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Prepare roll mix and knead dough according to package directions. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. , Meanwhile, In a large bowl, whisk eggs. In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. In a large bowl, combine the scrambled eggs, sausage, pepperoni and cheeses. , Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; roll into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Place, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet. , Beat egg yolk and water; brush over bread. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476 calories, Fat 29g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 203mg cholesterol, Sodium 1093mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PARMESAN CHEESE STUFFING
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread bread cubes on large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bread is dry, about 15 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and cool. Maintain oven temperature.
- Generously butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add sausages and sauté 5 minutes, breaking up with back of fork. Add chicken livers; sauté just until sausages and livers are cooked through, about 7 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage mixture to bowl with bread cubes. Add 1 tablespoon oil to same skillet. Add onions and next 4 ingredients; sauté until onions and celery are tender but not brown, about 10 minutes. Add onion mixture to bread cubes. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan, currants, parsley, salt, and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Mix eggs and broth into stuffing; transfer to baking dish. Cover dish with foil. Bake 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan and bake until top begins to brown, about 20 minutes.
SAUSAGE BREAD STUFFING
If you prefer a plain bread stuffing, just omit the sausage.From the book "Mad Hungry" by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Stuffs a 16- to 20-pound turkey
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat a large skillet, add the olive oil, and cook the sausage, stirring and breaking it up until browned, about 8 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the butter to the skillet and when it melts, add the onion and celery. Saute until the onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and sage and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the wine and deglaze the pan, stirring up any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add the cubed bread to the mixture and toast and turn a bit. Stir in the cooked sausage, the chicken broth, and salt to taste and cook for 1 minute. Cool the mixture. (This can be done quickly by spreading the mixture on a rimmed cookie sheet and chilling it in the refrigerator.)
- Stuff the mixture into the cavity and neck of a cooked turkey, or place it in a large buttered baking dish and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until browned on top and heated through.
SOUTHERN ITALIAN THANKSGIVING STUFFING
This is the best Thanksgiving stuffing I have ever had. With a mix of Southern-style cooking and Italian flavors it brings all great tastes together. I got this recipe from my mom last year after everyone gave it amazing reviews!
Provided by Briana
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a deep 9x13 inch baking dish or roasting pan.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the sausage. Cook and stir until the sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Place the browned sausage into a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pancetta begins to brown, stir in the onions and celery, and cook until the onion softens and turns translucent, about 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic, and cook another 3 minutes until the aroma of the garlic mellows.
- Scrape the onion mixture into the bowl with the crumbled sausage. Add the French bread, cornbread, dried sage, poultry seasoning, salt, and pine nuts; stir well. Pour in the chicken broth and mozzarella cheese; stir until the chicken stock has been absorbed by the bread and the stuffing is evenly mixed. Pack the stuffing into the prepared baking dish, and dot the butter overtop. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, then remove the foil, and continue baking until the top has turned golden brown, about 15 minutes more. Sprinkle with the fresh sage and shaved Parmesan cheese to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 594.3 calories, Carbohydrate 45.3 g, Cholesterol 70.5 mg, Fat 34.8 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 25.9 g, SaturatedFat 13.6 g, Sodium 1794.8 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
More about "italian sausage and bread stuffing recipes"
BEST EVER ITALIAN STUFFING - DASH OF SANITY
4.8/5 (22)Total Time 4 hrsCategory Side DishCalories 365 per serving
- Break up bread into 1-inch chunks and let it sit on a baking sheet for 2-4 hours to dry out. Best results if done overnight.
- In a large saucepan cook and crumble Italian sausage until it is completely cooked and browned. Strain grease from meat and place in a small mixing bowl for later.
- Remove pan from heat, add cubed bread, whisked egg and all of the remaining dry ingredients. Toss mixture to combine, pour in milk and toss again to combine. Place stuffing in a 2 qt casserole dish.
SAUSAGE-AND-BREAD STUFFING RECIPE - GRACE PARISI - FOOD …
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BREAD STUFFING - HARMONS GROCERY
BREAD STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE - LITTLE SPOON FARM
VEGAN ITALIAN SAUSAGE CRUMBLES | PASTA-BASED VEGAN …
ITALIAN SAUSAGE BREAD STUFFING | CARRIE’S EXPERIMENTAL …
ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING WITH PARMESAN - SIP AND FEAST
5/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 441 per serving
GARLICKY SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
4.8/5 (115)Author Gina Marie Miraglia EriquezServings 8Total Time 2 hrs 15 mins
ITALIAN FRIENDSHIP CASSEROLE - 365 DAYS OF SLOW COOKING AND …
ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING - SHAKEN TOGETHER
FOCACCIA STUFFING WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE - THIS ITALIAN KITCHEN
SOURDOUGH BREAD STUFFING WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE - SIMPLY GLORIA
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BREAD STUFFING RECIPE | SAY MMM
SOURDOUGH, ITALIAN SAUSAGE, AND CHESTNUT STUFFING RECIPE - BON …
SMOKED SHOTGUN SHELLS RECIPE (PELLET GRILL SMOKER) - SAVORING THE …
ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING | WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE CUISINE
10 DELICIOUS PORK STUFFINGS TO MAKE YOUR THANKSGIVING TURKEY …
EASY SAUSAGE & HERB STUFFING - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CLASSIC SAGE AND SAUSAGE STUFFING (DRESSING) RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
50 BEST CHEESE DIP RECIPES FOR ANY OCCASION - INSANELY GOOD
BREAD AND SAUSAGE STUFFING | WILLIAMS SONOMA
JULIA TURSHEN’S SHEET-PAN STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE AND SPINACH
HAWAIIAN ROLL SAUSAGE STUFFING | 12 TOMATOES
Stuffed Italian Sausage Bread on the Griddle (with easy bruschetta topping!)9.5K views-10:44
Southern Soul Food Cornbread Dressing Recipe: The BEST Sweet Italian Sausage Cornbread Stuffing117.1K views-17:10
Sweet Italian Sausage Stuffing | Doug Cooking484 views-05:35
Classic Sage and Sausage Stuffing386.6K views-04:26
The Perfect Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing Recipe52.8K views-10:28
You'll also love