SAUSAGE BREAD STUFFING
If you prefer a plain bread stuffing, just omit the sausage.From the book "Mad Hungry" by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Stuffs a 16- to 20-pound turkey
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat a large skillet, add the olive oil, and cook the sausage, stirring and breaking it up until browned, about 8 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the butter to the skillet and when it melts, add the onion and celery. Saute until the onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and sage and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the wine and deglaze the pan, stirring up any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add the cubed bread to the mixture and toast and turn a bit. Stir in the cooked sausage, the chicken broth, and salt to taste and cook for 1 minute. Cool the mixture. (This can be done quickly by spreading the mixture on a rimmed cookie sheet and chilling it in the refrigerator.)
- Stuff the mixture into the cavity and neck of a cooked turkey, or place it in a large buttered baking dish and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until browned on top and heated through.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BREAD STUFFING
Italian sausage and a heap of Parmesan cheese lend signature flair to the easy Thanksgiving dressing recipe.
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Generously butter baking dish.
- Put bread in 2 shallow baking pans and bake, switching position of pans halfway through baking, until just dried out, about 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then cook half of sausage, stirring and breaking it into small pieces, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Brown remaining sausage in remaining tablespoon oil, transferring to bowl.
- Pour off fat from skillet and wipe clean. Heat butter over medium heat until foam subsides, then cook onions, celery, garlic, and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Add vegetables and bread to sausage.
- Whisk together eggs, ½ cup cream, turkey stock, cheese, and parsley, then stir into stuffing and cool completely, about 30 minutes. Reserve 5 cups stuffing to stuff turkey and spoon remainder into baking dish, then drizzle with remaining ¼ cup cream. Cover stuffing and chill.
- About 1 hour before stuffed turkey is finished roasting, bring dish of stuffing to room temperature. When turkey is done, increase oven temperature to 425°F and bake stuffing, covered tightly with foil, until hot throughout, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top is golden and crisp, about 15 minutes more.
- Cooks' Note: Bread can be toasted 3 days ahead and kept (once cool) in a sealed bag at room temperature. Stuffing can be prepared (but not baked) 4 hours before roasting turkey. If baking stuffing at the same time as potatoes, put stuffing in upper third of oven and potatoes in bottom third (allow extra time).
ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and butter a shallow 3-quart baking dish. Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned and no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Add the celery and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sage. Add the broth, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper; bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the parsley, bread cubes and sausage-broth mixture and stir until combined. Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish. Cut the remaining 2 tablespoons butter into small cubes and scatter evenly over the stuffing. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes, then uncover and bake until golden, 20 to 30 more minutes.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PARMESAN CHEESE STUFFING
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread bread cubes on large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bread is dry, about 15 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and cool. Maintain oven temperature.
- Generously butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add sausages and sauté 5 minutes, breaking up with back of fork. Add chicken livers; sauté just until sausages and livers are cooked through, about 7 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage mixture to bowl with bread cubes. Add 1 tablespoon oil to same skillet. Add onions and next 4 ingredients; sauté until onions and celery are tender but not brown, about 10 minutes. Add onion mixture to bread cubes. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan, currants, parsley, salt, and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Mix eggs and broth into stuffing; transfer to baking dish. Cover dish with foil. Bake 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan and bake until top begins to brown, about 20 minutes.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING CASSEROLE
From the folks at the Johnsonsville Sausage company, a highly seasoned unstuffed-stuffing. It's really a one dish meal. The original recipe called for adding a small can (2 1/4 oz) of chopped black olives but I omitted that as we don't care for the taste. Feel free to add it back.
Provided by SusieQusie
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain & remove from skillet. Set aside.
- Pour any grease from skillet & melt butter.
- Add celery & onion and saute until slightly tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the green pepper & garlic and continue to saute until all veggies are tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, sausage, celery mixture, cheese & pepper. Add broth and egg and toss to combine.
- Spoon into prepared dish, cover and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1112.2, Fat 27.9, SaturatedFat 11.2, Cholesterol 84.5, Sodium 3838.8, Carbohydrate 175.8, Fiber 7.9, Sugar 20, Protein 35.4
ITALIAN STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE AND PARMESAN
This is a wonderful tasting substitution to traditional stuffing. It will certainly spice up your holiday feast. Your family will love it. I got this out of the San Diego Union Tribune Food section.
Provided by Fishes305
Yield 10 cups
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, bell peppers and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until it loses its pink color, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the basil, oregano, salt and crushed red pepper. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in bread cubes and Parmesan. Stir in butter, wine and enough of the stock to moisten the stuffing, about 1 cup. If not being used to stuff the turkey, place in a buttered baking dish, cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes to form a crust.
- Note: If bread is very fresh, cut it into cubes, spread out on a baking sheet and let stand for several hours to air-dry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420.6, Fat 28.5, SaturatedFat 12.6, Cholesterol 59.1, Sodium 1090.8, Carbohydrate 22.9, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 2.5, Protein 16.1
SAUSAGE BREAD DRESSING
My husband and father go crazy for this dressing. Leftovers are rare but they freeze quite well. To save time, chop the veggies and prepare (but don't bake) the dressing up to two days ahead of time and refrigerate. Add a little baking time since it will be cold. -Bette Votral, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield about 12 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes and stuffing mix., In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and add to stuffing mixture., Add butter to same pan. Add apple, mushrooms and celery; cook and stir over medium-high heat until mushrooms are tender. Stir in parsley, sage, salt and pepper. Stir into stuffing mixture. Stir in broth and pecans., Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 455mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "italian sausage and bread stuffing recipes"
SAUSAGE-AND-BREAD STUFFING RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD …
4/5 Category Side Dishes
- Preheat the oven to 350° and butter a large baking dish. Spread the bread cubes on a baking sheet and toast for 25 minutes, stirring, until lightly browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the 1 stick of butter. Pour half of the butter into a small bowl and reserve. Add the celery, carrots and onion to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Scrape the vegetables into a large bowl. Add the sausage to the skillet in lumps and cook over moderately high heat, breaking it up with a spoon, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Return the vegetables to the skillet, add the sage and thyme and cook for 1 minute. Add 1 cup of the stock and cook, scraping up any bits stuck to the pan, until nearly evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the sausage mixture into the large bowl and add the toasted bread cubes. Add the remaining 2 cups of stock and stir until the bread is evenly moistened. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Spread the stuffing in the baking dish and brush with the reserved melted butter.
- Bake the stuffing in the center of the oven for about 1 hour, until it is heated through and the top is browned and crisp. Let the stuffing stand for 10 minutes before serving.
BEST EVER ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING - SAVORING ITALY
Ratings 7Servings 16Cuisine American, ItalianCategory Dinner
- Place the cubed bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until dried and toasted. They should be golden brown. Transfer the bread cubes to a very large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the sausages over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up the sausage with a fork while cooking. I didn’t find ground sausage so I bought sausage in the casing and removed it from casing before browning it. Use ground sausage if you found it.
ITALIAN BREAD & SAUSAGE STUFFING - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
4/5 (5)Category Side DishesCuisine AmericanCalories 300 per serving
ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING - THIS SILLY GIRL'S KITCHEN
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BREAD STUFFING - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SAUSAGE AND SOURDOUGH BREAD STUFFING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SAUSAGE AND HERB STUFFING - THE SLOW ROASTED ITALIAN
ITALIAN BREAD STUFFING - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE RECIPE
BEST EVER ITALIAN STUFFING - DASH OF SANITY
ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING | WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE CUISINE
EASY SAUSAGE & HERB STUFFING - ONCE UPON A CHEF
HOMEMADE SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE - COOKIN' CANUCK
ITALIAN SAUSAGE CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE - SAVORY SIMPLE
BASIC BREAD AND SAUSAGE DRESSING RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BREAD STUFFING RECIPE ALL YOU NEED IS …
HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING - CHATELAINE
ITALIAN SAUSAGE BREAD STUFFING | CARRIE’S EXPERIMENTAL KITCHEN
BREAD STUFFING WITH VEGETARIAN ITALIAN SAUSAGE - FOODNESS GRACIOUS
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BREAD STUFFING - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
SAUSAGE AND BREAD STUFFING – AMORE BRAND
BREAD AND SAUSAGE STUFFING | WILLIAMS SONOMA
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BREAD STUFFING
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BREAD STUFFING | BEST THANKSGIVING RECIPES ...
THANKSGIVING STUFFING: AN ITALIAN-AMERICAN FAMILY’S TRADITIONAL …
BEST TURKEY ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE WITH FRESH HERBS
ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING WITH PARMESAN - SIP AND FEAST
SAUSAGE AND BREAD STUFFING RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
STUFFING RECIPES WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING - DANIELS KITCHEN
STUFFING RECIPE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE - SUGAR MAPLE FARMHOUSE
RECIPE FOR ITALIAN SAUSAGE BREAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
TRADITIONAL ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING - JOHNSONVILLE.COM
SAUSAGE STUFFING • SALT & LAVENDER
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND HERB STUFFING RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
BAKED ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFED ACORN SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS
ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING - PEANUT BLOSSOM
Italian Sausage with Corn Bread Stuffing111 views-14:41
Italian Sausage Stuffing - You Can Make It781 views-10:53
SAUSAGE AND CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE | HOLIDAY SIDE DISH THANKSGIVING2.7K views-15:30
Sweet Italian Sausage Stuffing | Doug Cooking73 views-05:35
EASY HOMEMADE STUFFING|Spicy Italian Stuffing|Recipe From Scratch |Thanksgiving Menu Idea.121 views-07:40
Italian Bread Stuffing Recipe : Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipes4.3K views-02:54
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Italian sausage stuffing?Italian sausage lends a touch of heat to traditional bread stuffing. 3 onions , finely chopped 2 tsp dried sage 2 apples , peeled and chopped Preheat oven to 375F. Spread bread on 2 baking sheets. Bake until lightly toasted, 12 min. Cut into 1/2-in. cubes, about 15 cups. Place in a big bowl.
How to cook Italian sausage for Christmas dinner?In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes and stuffing mix. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and add to stuffing mixture.
How long to cook sausage and onion for stuffing?In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and add to stuffing mixture.
How to cook Italian sausage and bread in the oven?Place the cubed bread on a baking sheet; then spray them with cooking spray. Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes until they turned golden brown. While the bread was toasting, brown the sausage on top of the stove in a skillet until no longer pink.