JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN
Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat. You'll love the heat and flavor of this fiery marinade.
Provided by Yardie
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Latin American Caribbean
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place chicken in a medium bowl. Cover with lime juice and water. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, place allspice, nutmeg, salt, brown sugar, thyme, ginger, black pepper and vegetable oil. Blend well, then mix in onions, green onions, garlic and habanero peppers until almost smooth.
- Pour most of the blended marinade mixture into bowl with chicken, reserving a small amount to use as a basting sauce while cooking. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Cook chicken slowly on the preheated grill. Turn frequently, basting often with remaining marinade mixture. Cook to desired doneness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220.7 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 28.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 473.9 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Smash the allspice as fine as possible using a mortar and pestle. Put in a food processor and add the seasoning salt, peppers, green onions, thyme and 1/2 cup water. Blend to the consistency of lumpy oatmeal and pour into a bowl.
- Rub the chicken with the jerk seasoning and stuff the jerk seasoning between the skin and the meat. Place the chicken pieces into a storage pan and let marinade overnight (at least 12 hours).
- Remove the excess seasoning from the chicken. Heat the grill to high heat (about 350 degrees F) and then place the chicken meat-side down first as to not let the chicken burn too quickly. Flip the chicken every 5 to 7 minutes until the skin has a nice brown color with grill marks, and then every 7 to 10 minutes on lower heat until cooked, around 40 minutes total or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Chop each quarter into 4 to 5 pieces to get the real Jamaican jerk experience.
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN
Make your own jerk seasoning to use as a marinade for chicken. Scotch bonnet peppers and spices bring heat and plenty of flavour
Provided by Delroy Dixon
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Whizz all the ingredients for the marinade in a blender to form a thick paste. It shouldn't be too runny, similar to the consistency of sweet chilli sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three weeks.
- Slit the chicken skin with a sharp knife, then put into a container. Pour over the jerk marinade, making sure the chicken is completely covered. You may not need all the marinade. Cover the chicken and place in the fridge for at least 4 hrs, but ideally 24 hrs.
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the chicken in an ovenproof dish, cover with foil and cook for 30-45 mins. Remove the foil and baste the chicken with the juices from the dish, then cook for a further 10 mins. The skin should start to crisp up. Check the meat is cooked by cutting into the deepest part of the chicken. If the juices run out red, return to the oven for 10 mins more, or until the juices run clear. Serve with rice & peas or any of your favourite side dishes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 556 calories, Fat 33 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 20 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 17 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 43 grams protein, Sodium 3 milligram of sodium
More about "jamaican jerk chicken recipes"
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE | CHICKEN RECIPES - FOOD
- In a food processor, combine the onion, scallions, chiles, garlic, five-spice powder, allspice, pepper, thyme, nutmeg and salt; process to a coarse paste. With the machine on, add the the soy sauce and oil in a steady stream. Pour the marinade into a large, shallow dish, add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring the chicken to room temperature before proceeding.
- Light a grill. Grill the chicken over a medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, until well browned and cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. (Cover the grill for a smokier flavor.) Transfer the chicken to a platter and serve.
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
JERK CHICKEN RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN - A RECIPE BY EXECUTIVE …
AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE | CHEW OUT LOUD
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE
BEST JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE | JAMAICAN LIFE & TRAVEL
5/5 Category Main DishCuisine JamaicanTotal Time 50 mins
- Step 1: Prepare Marinade Place the ingredients (excluding the chicken of course) in a food processor and process to a coarse paste.
- Step 2: Apply the marinade Place the chicken quarters into a large bowl and pour over the marinade. Massage the marinade into the meat, ensuring that it gets under the skin of the chicken by pulling the skin away from the meat. Cover the bowl and leave it to marinate in the fridge for at least 6 to 12 hours.
- Step 3: Grill time Remove the marinated meat from the fridge an hour before cooking, so it has time to come up to room temperature. Otherwise, it will take much longer to cook. Light grill and grill the chicken over a medium-hot fire for approximately 35 minutes, turning occasionally, until well browned and cooked through. (Covering the grill produces a smokier flavor)
- Step 4: Enjoy your Jamaican jerk chicken Remove the chicken from the grill and place on platter and serve. Jamaican jerk chicken goes well with baked sweet potato, Jamaican festivals, fried breadfruit, fried bammy, or French fries.
REAL JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE | MYJAMAICANRECIPES.COM
4/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DinnerCalories 392 per serving
- Remove all excess fat and dry with paper towels. Try to remove as much water from the chicken as possible.
- If you are not up to making your own marinade you can use a store bought brand of jerk seasoning like Grace Jerk seasoning.
BEST JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
4.2/5 (10)Total Time 3 hrs
EASY JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE - TFRECIPES
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN GRILL PACKETS | HEINEN'S GROCERY STORE
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SUPER EASY JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN MARINADE - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
THE BEST JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RE | SAVEUR
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN WINGS - SAVORY THOUGHTS
RECIPE FOR ROASTED JAMAICAN JERK SEASONED CHICKEN
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE - LEMONSFORLULU.COM
TOP 46 SLOW COOKER JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPES
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS WITH CARIBBEAN RICE WITH PEAS …
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN WINGS | CARIBBEAN RECIPES | GOODTO
JERK TURKEY MEATBALLS RECIPE
EASY AIR FRYER JERK CHICKEN. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
SPICE UP YOUR HOLIDAY WITH ROSIE MAYES' JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN
GRILLED JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN - CREME DE LA CRUMB
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #main-dish #poultry #caribbean #central-american #chicken #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-in-something #meat #4-hours-or-less
Jerk Chicken Recipe – Sandals Style, Authentic to Jamaica51K views-03:16
The Best Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe: Jamaican Jerk Chicken In The Oven | Recipes By Chef Ricardo51K views-09:54
How to Make Jamaican Jerk Chicken | Chicken Recipe | Allrecipes.com9.5K views-04:24
The Best Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe: Jamaican Jerk Chicken On The Grill2M views-14:47
How To Make Jamaican Jerk Chicken3M views-10:41
Jerk Chicken Wings - Spicy Jamaican Jerk Hot Wings Recipe1.4M views-06:28
You'll also love