VANILLA PUDDING WITH LAYERED LEMON CURD
Balance rich vanilla custard with tangy lemon curd.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield makes about 2 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring 1 cup of the milk to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in the remaining 1 cup milk a little at a time, to avoid lumps, then whisk in the egg.
- When the milk is boiling, remove the saucepan from the heat and gradually whisk in the sugar-milk mixture, stirring constantly. Return to medium-low heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the pudding comes to a simmer and is thick and creamy, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Divide the pudding among 4 to 6 1/2-cup ramekins or serving glasses, layering each with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the lemon curd and topping with some of the lemon curd as well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until fully set, about 2 hours.
- Copyright 2016 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
MY FAVORITE LEMON PUDDING
- Whisk the sugar and the cornstarch together in a medium saucepan. Add the milk and whisk until smooth. Add the egg yolks, zest, and salt and cook, stirring frequently at first and constantly towards the end, over medium heat until thickened enough to thickly coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and butter. Pour through a strainer into a large serving bowl or 4 individual serving dishes.
- Let cool to room temperature. Chill, loosely covered, for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days, or until set and thoroughly chilled. Serve chilled.
LEMON PUDDING DESSERT
After a big meal, folks really go for this light lemon treat. The shortbread crust is the perfect base for the fluffy top layers. I've prepared this sunny dessert for church suppers for years and I always get recipe requests. -Muriel DeWitt, Maynard, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut butter into flour until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake until light brown, 18-22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. , Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. , Beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348 calories, Fat 20g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 49mg cholesterol, Sodium 305mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 4g protein.
OLD-FASHIONED LEMON PUDDING
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in top of a double boiler over simmering water; stir well to prevent clumps. Gradually stir in 5 cups water. Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened to gravy consistency, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs in a bowl until light and foamy. Pour in 1 cup of sugar mixture gradually, whisking vigorously to avoid curdling eggs. Whisk egg mixture into remaining sugar mixture gradually; return to double boiler. Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened to pudding consistency, 6 to 8 minutes. Whisk lemon juice and butter into pudding gradually. Cool in the refrigerator, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 434.4 calories, Carbohydrate 82.2 g, Cholesterol 144.3 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 496.2 mg, Sugar 67.5 g
HOMEMADE LEMON PUDDING
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a medium heatproof bowl and set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, cream, and egg yolks; add to saucepan.
- Whisking constantly, cook over medium-high until mixture thickens and is bubbling, 8 to 12 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, whisking, 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and pour mixture through sieve into bowl. Stir in butter and vanilla until combined.
- Press plastic wrap directly against surface of pudding to prevent skin from forming and refrigerate 3 hours (or up to 3 days). Whisk lemon juice into chilled pudding. To serve, whisk until smooth and divide among four small bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357 g, Fat 22 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 13 g
LEMON AND VANILLA PUDDLE PUDDING
This dessert from BBC Good Food is what they refer to in North America as a pudding cake - a cake layer forms while baking with a lovely pudding-like sauce on the bottom. We just love these!
Provided by Irmgard
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whizz the butter, sugar and lemon zest until they are pale and creamy in a food processor.
- Add the lemon juice, egg yolks, flour, milk and vanilla one by one until you have a smooth batter.
- Whisk the egg whites until firm but not stiff and fold the mixtures together.
- Pour into a buttered ovenproof souffle or baking dish and put in a baking tray half filled with hot water.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until the top is lightly browned and set and there is a gooey lemon curd below.
- Serve hot with or without vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 434.7, Fat 16.1, SaturatedFat 9, Cholesterol 174.8, Sodium 173.3, Carbohydrate 66.2, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 51.3, Protein 8.4
SUSSEX PUDDLE PUDDING
This twist on a classic steamed pud has a sweet sponge topping with a puddle of sticky lemon sauce underneath. Finish with a splash of cream
Provided by Jane Hornby
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put half of the lemon zest into a medium, deep (about 2-litre) baking dish and half into a large mixing bowl. Using a serrated knife, cut the peel and pith away from the zested fruit, then slice the flesh into thin rounds. Add to the baking dish, along with the cubed butter and 85g sugar.
- Cut a few thin slices of skin-on lemon to decorate the pudding later, then squeeze the juice from the remaining lemons (you'll need about 150ml in total). Mix the juice with the 50g sugar, then set aside.
- Add the flour, suet, sugar, a pinch of salt, eggs, vanilla and milk to the mixing bowl, then beat to make a smooth batter. Spoon this over the lemons, butter and sugar, then level the top. Scatter with the skin-on lemon slices.
- Gently pour the lemon and sugar mixture over the top of the pudding (it will sink down as it cooks), then carefully put in the oven. Bake for 40 mins or until the sponge is risen, golden and the syrup is bubbling up around the edges. Scatter over 1 tsp sugar, if you like, then serve with a splash of cream to counter the zing of the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 455 calories, Fat 26 grams fat, SaturatedFat 15 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 51 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 33 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
People also searched
More about "lemon and vanilla puddle pudding recipes"
LEMON CURD PUDDING | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
VANILLA, CARDAMOM & LEMON PUDDING - THE ENGLISH …
SELF SAUCING LEMON PUDDING - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
LEMON DELICIOUS PUDDING - RECIPE WINNERS
10 BEST LEMON CAKE VANILLA PUDDING RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEMON SELF-SAUCING PUDDING (LEMON SURPRISE PUDDING)
EASY LEMON PUDDING PIE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SUPER EASY LEMON DELICIOUS PUDDING - BAKE PLAY SMILE
HOMEMADE VANILLA LEMON BUDINO PUDDING RECIPE BY …
LEMON SURPRISE PUDDING RECIPE - BBC FOOD
LITTLE LEMON PUDDINGS | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA …
MEYER LEMON PUDDING (SUPER EASY RECIPE!) - THE VIEW …
LEMON PUDDLE PUDDING RECIPE - COOKSINFO
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 40 secsCategory Desserts And SweetsTotal Time 55 mins
- Wash the lemons to get any wax and surface bacteria off them. Roll and press the lemons for a few seconds to loosen the juice; then zest one, then juice both of them. Put the juice in a measuring cup and add any water needed to bring the total juice volume up to 5 oz / 150ml.
EASY LEMON PUDDING CAKE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
DUNCAN HINES LEMON CAKE WITH PUDDING - THERESCIPES.INFO
SUSSEX PUDDLE PUDDING | RECIPE | LEMON RECIPES, BBC GOOD FOOD …
LEMON AND VANILLA PUDDLE PUDDING RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
VANILLA PUDDING WITH LEMON CURD RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
CREAMY MINI LEMON PUDDINGS - BAKE PLAY SMILE
LEMON PUDDLE CAKE | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
LEMON PUDDING CAKE MIX RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOMEMADE FRESH LEMON PUDDING - TURNING THE CLOCK BACK
LEMON VANILLA CUSTARD SLICE - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
LEMON AND VANILLA PUDDLE PUDDING - PLAIN.RECIPES
LEMON PUDDING RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
7 BEST INSTANT LEMON PUDDING MIX SUBSTITUTES - MISS VICKIE
SUSSEX PUDDLE PUDDING | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES, LEMON RECIPES, …
LEMON VANILLA CHIA PUDDING - NATALIE WAY BAKES
LEMON PUDDING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LEMON-BUTTERMILK PUDDING RECIPE - CHERYL DAY | FOOD & WINE
HOW TO MAKE KETO LEMON PUDDING - ULTRA-THICK AND CREAMY!
LEMON PUDDLE PUDDING RECIPE | SHIREEN ANWAR | MASALA TV
PUDDING VANILLA LEMON - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
LEMON VANILLA RICE PUDDING - THYME & LOVE
10 BEST INSTANT LEMON PUDDING RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEMON PUDDLE PUDDING - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
LEMON PUDDING RECIPE - 3 INGREDIENTS! - RACHEL COOKS®
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
TRUE LEMON VANILLA PUDDING FRUIT DIP – TRUE CITRUS
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #desserts #eggs-dairy #fruit #oven #easy #european #kid-friendly #vegetarian #puddings-and-mousses #english #eggs #food-processor-blender #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #citrus #lemon #equipment #small-appliance #baking #from-scratch
Lemon puddle pudding9.7K views-03:46
Easy Lemon Pudding32K views-10:55
Lemon Self-Saucing Pudding - Lemon Surprise Pudding Recipe | Olive22K views-01:01
How to Make Homemade Vanilla Pudding | Pudding Recipes | Allrecipes.com404K views-01:44
How to Make Vanilla Pudding | Homemade Vanilla Pudding Recipe1.7K views-02:23
How to Make Vanilla Pudding | Easy Homemade Vanilla Pudding Recipe90K views-05:28
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make lemon self saucing pudding?Lemon self-saucing pudding (Lemon surprise pudding) Lemon self-saucing pudding, also known as lemon surprise pudding, is easy to whip up and can be ready in an hour. Ingredients. Method. Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Whizz the butter, sugar and lemon zest until they are pale and creamy in a food processor.
What is a lemon pudding?Lemon delicious pudding is a light as a feather and airy sponge, cooked above a creamy puddle of delicious lemon curd sauce. Winner, winner!
How do you cook a lemon PUD?This twist on a classic steamed pud has a sweet sponge topping with a puddle of sticky lemon sauce underneath. Finish with a splash of cream Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put half of the lemon zest into a medium, deep (about 2-litre) baking dish and half into a large mixing bowl.
How long do you cook a Lemon Sponge Pudding for?Scatter with the skin-on lemon slices. Gently pour the lemon and sugar mixture over the top of the pudding (it will sink down as it cooks), then carefully put in the oven. Bake for 40 mins or until the sponge is risen, golden and the syrup is bubbling up around the edges.