LEMON DROP BLUEBERRY SCONES
I have no idea where I originally found this blueberry scone recipe, but it's always a huge hit and so easy to make! So many people have asked for the recipe that it's too good not to share.
Provided by Sabrina
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a large baking sheet.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix together lemon yogurt, butter, and egg in a separate bowl. Stir yogurt mixture into flour mixture until just moistened. Fold blueberries into mixture.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest in a small bowl until glaze is smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over warm scones and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157.6 calories, Carbohydrate 27.7 g, Cholesterol 22.3 mg, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 197 mg, Sugar 13.3 g
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut the cold butter into small cubes and add to the dry ingredients.
- Starting at low speed, beat the butter and dry ingredients. Increase the speed to medium and mix until the butter breaks into small pieces. Then stir in the milk, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla until moistened.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and fold in the blueberries, being careful not to break them. Form the dough into a long rectangle, about 1 inch thick. Cut the dough into 2 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally, and then cut those pieces in half again. You should have 8 triangles total.
- Transfer the scones to the prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, 17 to 21 minutes. Let cool. Serve with Honey Butter and Blackberry Jam.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter and honey and blend thoroughly.
- To serve, transfer to a butter crock.
- You can also roll the butter into a log, chill it and then slice it into individual pieces. Place the blended butter on a piece of plastic wrap, shaping it into a rectangle. Wrap the butter tightly in the plastic wrap, folding the sides in first and then the top and bottom. Roll into a log and refrigerate until firm. To serve, cut 1/4- to 1/2-inch slices and arrange them in a butter dish.
- Place the berries in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Bring to a full boil over high heat, mashing the berries with a potato masher as they cook. Add the lemon juice and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring and mashing constantly.
- Add the sugar and return the mixture to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until it begins to look syrupy and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and test for doneness: a candy thermometer should register 220 degrees F and the mixture should coat the back of a spoon. Run a finger--or a clean object about the width of a finger--through the coat of jam. If the jam does not run and fill the gap, it is done. Otherwise, return the pan to the heat for another 1 to 2 minutes and test again. Be careful not to let the mixture get too thick--it will thicken as it cools. (See Cook's Note)
- When the jam is done, transfer it to a heatproof jar and cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate. The jam will keep for up to 2 weeks.
LEMON BLUEBERRY SCONES
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, salt, and baking soda in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 3 or 4 times to mix. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, 20 to 25 times. Pour mixture into a large bowl. Fold in blueberries, making sure they are well coated with the dry ingredients.
- Beat 1/2 cup heavy cream, egg, and lemon juice together using a fork in a small bowl. Stir into flour mixture and mix just until slightly moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Gather dough in a circle using floured hands, kneading only slightly to incorporate any remaining dry ingredients. Flatten dough into a 9-inch round disc; cut disc into 8 triangles. Transfer scones using a bench scraper to the prepared baking sheets (4 scones per baking sheet). Brush scones with 2 tablespoons heavy cream.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light brown, 20 to 23 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag; snip the corner off of the bag using scissors, and drizzle cooled scones with glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347.9 calories, Carbohydrate 39.9 g, Cholesterol 79.2 mg, Fat 19.4 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 11.8 g, Sodium 332.3 mg, Sugar 14.2 g
BLUEBERRY SCONES WITH LEMON GLAZE
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 8 scones
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift together the dry ingredients; the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Using 2 forks or a pastry blender, cut in the butter to coat the pieces with the flour. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs. Fold the blueberries into the batter. Take care not to mash or bruise the blueberries because their strong color will bleed into the dough. Make a well in the center and pour in the heavy cream. Fold everything together just to incorporate; do not overwork the dough.
- Press the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 12 by 3 by 1 1/4 inches. Cut the rectangle in 1/2 then cut the pieces in 1/2 again, giving you 4 (3-inch) squares. Cut the squares in 1/2 on a diagonal to give you the classic triangle shape. Place the scones on an ungreased cookie sheet and brush the tops with a little heavy cream. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until beautiful and brown. Let the scones cool a bit before you apply the glaze.
- You can make the lemon glaze in a double boiler, or for a simpler alternative, you can zap it in the microwave. Mix the lemon juice with the confectioners' until dissolved in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water for the double-boiler method, or in a microwave-safe bowl. Whisk in the butter and lemon zest. Either nuke the glaze for 30 seconds or continue whisking in the double boiler. Whisk the glaze to smooth out any lumps, then drizzle the glaze over the top of the scones. Let it set a minute before serving.
These scones are easy as pie. Best enjoyed still warm from the oven and smothered in generous helpings of butter and jam
Provided by Edd Kimber
Categories Afternoon tea, Brunch, Snack
Yield makes 8
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6 and line a baking tray with parchment. To make the scones, put the flour, baking powder, sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl and mix together to combine. Add the butter and use your fingers to rub into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs (don't rub too thoroughly; some larger lumps are preferable). Add the blueberries and toss together.
- In a small jug, mix together the cream, vanilla and eggs, and pour into the mixture. Use a cutlery knife to stir together until the mixture starts to form a dough. Tip onto the work surface and use your hands to gently knead until the dough just comes together. Lightly flour your work surface and flatten the dough into a disc about 2.5cm thick. Use a sharp knife to cut it into eight triangles.
- Transfer the scones to the prepared baking tray. Beat the remaining egg, then lightly brush it over the top of each scone. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 mins or until deep golden brown. Will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 44 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
LEMON BLUEBERRY DROP SCONES
LEMONY-LICOUS GOOD...THESE WILL MELT IN YOUR MOUTH...MAKE A DOUBLE BATCH FOR SURE!!
Provided by Kimi Gaines
Categories Sweet Breads
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 1. In a large bowl combine the first 6 ingredients. In another bowl, combine yogurt, egg & melted butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. combine ingredients for glaze. Drizzle on warm scones.
More about "lemon blueberry drop scones recipes"
LEMON BLUEBERRY SCONES RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.5/5 (163)Calories 220 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Weigh your flour, or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess. , Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Use your fingers to work the cold butter into the dry ingredients., Stir the eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract, and lemon zest or oil together.
- Stir in the blueberries. This dough is the consistency of a wet drop-cookie dough., Liberally flour your counter and your hands.
GLAZED LEMON BLUEBERRY SCONES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.9/5 (215)Category Breakfast
- Whisk flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Grate the frozen butter using a box grater. Add it to the flour mixture and combine with a pastry cutter, two forks, or your fingers until the mixture comes together in pea-sized crumbs. See video above for a closer look at the texture. Place in the refrigerator or freezer as you mix the wet ingredients together.
- Whisk 1/2 cup heavy cream, the egg, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the flour mixture, add the blueberries, then mix together until everything appears moistened.
- Pour onto the counter and, with floured hands, work dough into a ball as best you can. Dough will be sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour. If it seems too dry, add 1-2 more Tablespoons heavy cream. Press into an 8-inch disc and, with a sharp knife or bench scraper, cut into 8 wedges.
- Brush scones with remaining heavy cream and for extra crunch, sprinkle with coarse sugar. (You can do this before or after refrigerating in the next step.)
LEMON BLUEBERRY SCONES - MOM ON TIMEOUT
29 LEMON-BLUEBERRY RECIPES THAT ARE PERFECT FOR SPRING
LEMON BLUEBERRY DROP SCONES ~ SUPER EASY RECIPE!
LEMON BLUEBERRY DROP SCONES RECIPE - COMPLETE RECIPES
LEMON BLUEBERRY SCONES - JO COOKS
BLUEBERRY-LEMON DROP SCONES | RECIPES | WW USA
EASY LEMON BLUEBERRY SCONES RECIPE | LAST INGREDIENT
5/5 (3)Total Time 466966 hrsCategory Quick Breads & MuffinsCalories 223 per serving
DELICIOUS PANCAKE RECIPES YOU CAN ENJOY ANYTIME - MSN
BLUEBERRY PANCAKE CUPCAKES RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
LEMON BLUEBERRY DROP SCONES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
LEMON BLUEBERRY DROP SCONES RECIPE | I CAN COOK THAT
29 LEMON-BLUEBERRY RECIPES THAT ARE PERFECT FOR SPRING
LEMON BLUEBERRY SCONES RECIPE - TASTINGTABLE.COM
LEMON BLUEBERRY COBBLER WITH BUTTERMILK BISCUITS (VIDEO)
EASY DROP BLUEBERRY SCONE RECIPE - AMYCASEYCOOKS
LEMON BLUEBERRY SCONES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
BLUEBERRY LEMON DROP SCONES – PAMELA'S PRODUCTS
LEMON POPPY SEED SCONES - WYSE GUIDE
Easy Blueberry Scones Recipe | Beyond Delicious!864.1K views-10:01
Blueberry Lemon Scones with Greek Yogurt!1.8K views-03:03
Glazed Lemon Blueberry Scones167 views-00:26
Flakey Lemon Blueberry Scones212.5K views-05:39
You'll also love