LEMON BASIL CHICKEN
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board. Flatten slightly using the smooth side of a meat mallet. Dust both sides lightly with flour.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until bubbling. Saute chicken breasts until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Add chicken stock, lemon juice, basil, and lemon zest. Cover and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a warm platter. Cover loosely to keep warm. Boil remaining liquid over high heat, uncovered, until reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.9 calories, Carbohydrate 4.6 g, Cholesterol 77.6 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 23.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 381.9 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
CHICKEN WITH LEMON-BASIL SAUCE
- Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and sauté until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes Per side. Transfer chicken to platter; tent with foil.
- Add lemon juice, garlic and lemon peel to same skillet. Stir over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken broth; boil until reduced to sauce consistency, about 8 minutes. Mix basil into sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
LEMON BASIL CHICKEN WITH PORTABELLA WINE SAUCE
The thought of lemon and basil are a natural but the sweetness of the champaign tantilizes the toungue with all around taste. Its a great one pan meal
Provided by shezashark
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 1 piece, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Make a marinade out of oil chopped basil, garlic, juice of 1 lemon and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinade chicken for at least 2 hours or overnight if you wish.
- Heat pan and place butter or margarine and left over marinade to pan and brown chicken till cooked thoroughly.
- Remove chicken on to plate when cooked.
- Place mushrooms in pan and deglaze pan with 3/4 cup of the champagne.
- Cook down about 3 mins and add the corn starch to the remaining champaign and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add to pan along with juices that came from cooked chicken on plate.
- If it gets too thick add some water to loosen, you wont need much if any at all.
- Arrange chicken on plate and chop fine some more basil to taste.
- Pour mushroom sauce over chicken and garnish with chopped basil and sliced lemons.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292.4, Fat 19.8, SaturatedFat 5.6, Cholesterol 56.6, Sodium 78.7, Carbohydrate 7.8, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 1.1, Protein 16.7
LEMON AND BASIL BAKED CHICKEN
Make and share this Lemon and Basil Baked Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking pan with foil.
- Melt butter over low heat and add garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in mustard.
- Mix breadcrumbs, lemon peel, basil (or oregano), salt and pepper on a plate.
- Turn chicken in butter mixture to coat, then turn in crumbs, coating completely.
- Arrange skin side up in prepared pan.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, basting occasionally with leftover butter mixture, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444, Fat 31.4, SaturatedFat 16.9, Cholesterol 107.4, Sodium 1072.7, Carbohydrate 21.1, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 2, Protein 19.4
CHICKEN WITH PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS-
For extra richness, finish with a Tablespoon of butter, My suggestion is to serve with a nice pasta side, salad and fresh baked bread.
Provided by Shirl J 831
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Dredge the chicken breast pieces in flour and saute in olive oil.
- In a non stick pan you can get by with very little.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and saute till soft.
- Add the lemon juice and fresh herbs, saute for 1 minute till the flavors combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 521, Fat 27.4, SaturatedFat 5.8, Cholesterol 92.8, Sodium 96.9, Carbohydrate 32.8, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 3, Protein 35.2
BAKED CHICKEN BREAST WITH LEMON AND BASIL
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Trim and discard fat. Tenderize chicken with a meat mallet. Rub 1 tablespoon olive oil on each breast, lightly covering both front and back. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and set on the prepared baking sheet.
- Squeeze juice from one lemon half over the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with basil. Cut 2 slices of lemon from the remaining half and set 1 slice on each breast. Reserve remaining lemon for another use.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken breast is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from oven, cover with foil, and allow to rest for 7 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295.5 calories, Carbohydrate 6.6 g, Cholesterol 80.3 mg, Fat 17.3 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 31.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 73.4 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
More about "lemonbasilchickenwithportabellawinesauce recipes"
25 LEMON CHICKEN RECIPES
35 LEMON CHICKEN RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
LEMON CHICKEN MARINADE WITH BASIL - ALWAYS USE BUTTER
BREAST OF CHICKEN IN A LIGHT LEMON-HERB SAUCE - LIDIA
LEMON BASIL CHICKEN WITH PORTABELLA WINE SAUCE RECIPE
OUR BEST BOLOGNA RECIPES
15 LEMON PASTA RECIPES
CHATELAINE MAGAZINE: RECIPES
RECIPES - LOVE AND LEMONS
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN - LEMON WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE
15 LEMON-PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPES
Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe | Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce Recipe1.7M views-13:24
Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe1.7M views-01:26
Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe | Dinner Under 20 Minutes27K views-02:37
Lemon Butter Chicken | Delish93K views-01:07
Creamy Lemon Chicken | Chicken With Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce | Yummy Recipe | Deea's Cucina1.5K views-06:42
Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe255 views-12:27
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How can I make a sauce without it being too Lemony?Add lemon juice, garlic and lemon peel to same skillet. Stir over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken broth; boil until reduced to sauce consistency, about 8 minutes. Mix basil into sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve. Very tasty, not too lemony for us, and pretty easy.
What is the best way to cook chicken in Basil Sauce?Pan-seared Chicken in Lemon Basil Cream Sauce is super easy to throw together, and uses up some of that fresh garden basil. Chicken tenderloins are quick to cook on the stovetop, and the sauce has such bright lemony flavor! 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, 2 lemons-zest them first! Dry the chicken tenderloins with a paper towel.
What goes well with lemon cream sauce?The lemon cream sauce is what makes it irresistible. It goes so nicely with the chicken and mushrooms. —Mary Anne McWhirter, Pearland, Texas Here's a simple dish with big bold lemon and rosemary flavors that's made with very few ingredients.
How many lemons do I need to make a lemon sauce?The sauce has TONS of flavor because we’re using 1/3 cup of lemon juice and a bunch of zest. You will probably need 2 lemons. I think it’s perfect, but if you are not seriously into bright lemon flavor, you might want to skip the zest or cut the juice down to 1/4 cup. But I’m in it for the win so bring on that lemon flavor.