BASIC LEMONGRASS MARINADE
This marinade is wonderful for any meat, but I use it on chicken then grill it. It's wonderful. The smell of the fish sauce is awful, but the end result is delicious.
Provided by L. Duch
Yield 1/2 cup, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Process lemon grass, garlic and chili sauce until it turns into a fine paste.
- Combine paste and all other ingredients and mix well.
- Marinade is ready to use after sitting for about 1 minutes.
- Recipe yields enough marinade for 1-2 pounds of meat.
- You can save the tops of the lemon grass to season soups and stocks or you can steep it with your tea to make lemon tea.
- Simply put in zip-lock bag and freeze until needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.3, Fat 40.9, SaturatedFat 6.4, Sodium 5420, Carbohydrate 30.5, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 27.1, Protein 6
- Add lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and shallots through feed tube of a food processor with motor running. Process until very finely chopped. Add sugar, mirin, and fish sauce; process until pureed, scraping sides as needed. With motor running, slowly add oil; process until incorporated.
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SWEET LEMONGRASS MARINADE
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sugar, fish sauce, lemongrass, garlic, shallot, chile, and black pepper and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Arrange the pork chops in a rimmed dish in a single layer. Pour the marinade over, cover with plastic wrap, and let marinate at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours. (The pork can also be refrigerated overnight. Bring meat to room temperature before grilling).
- 2. Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill (you should be able to hold your hand 1 to 2 inches above the grate for only 2 to 3 seconds). When the coals are ready, push two-thirds of the coals to one-half of the grill, creating a hot zone; spread the remaining one-third on the opposite side of the grill to create a cooler zone.
- 3. Remove the pork chops from the marinade and discard the marinade. Place the chops on the hottest part of the grill. Let cook for 1 minute, then flip and cook for 1 minute on the second side.
- 4. Move the chops to the cooler side of the grill and cook, turning once, for about 10 minutes total, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chop registers 140°F, raking over coals from the hotter side of the grill if necessary to maintain an even temperature. Spritz any flare-ups with a spray bottle filled with water.
- 5. Transfer the chops to a large plate, tent with aluminum foil, and let stand for 10 minutes. Cut the meat from the bone and slice the meat across the grain on the diagonal. Transfer the slices and bones to a serving platter and serve.
SEAFOOD WITH LEMONGRASS
Provided by Nancy Harmon Jenkins
Categories dinner, main course
Yield Four to six servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place the lemon juice, fish sauce, chili powder, sugar and chicken stock or fish broth in a saute pan and bring to a boil. Add the scallops and cook over high heat, stirring for about 3 minutes or until the scallops are opaque. The liquid should be considerably reduced.
- Add the lime leaf, lemongrass, shallot and scallion slices and cook for about a minute, stirring continuously. Put in the coriander and toss the mixture briefly.
- Serve immediately on a bed of lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 97, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 15 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 931 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
VIETNAMESE GRILLED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN
- Mix canola oil, lemongrass, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and fish sauce together in a mixing bowl until the sugar is dissolved; add chicken and turn to coat in the marinade.
- Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken thighs from the marinade and shake to remove excess marinade. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 3 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308.2 calories, Carbohydrate 3.9 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Fat 19 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 338.9 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
People also searched
More about "lemongrassmarinade recipes"
LEMONGRASS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPICY LEMONGRASS BLENDER MARINADE RECIPE (READY IN 5 ...
25 LEMONGRASS RECIPES TO FRESHEN UP YOUR MEALS - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (1)Category Recipe Roundup
LEMONGRASS-COCONUT MARINADE RECIPE - KAY CHUN | FOOD & WINE
EASY LEMONGRASS CHICKEN BOWLS - THE ... - THE FLAVOR BENDER
LEMONGRASS MARINADE - EMERILS.COM
LEMONGRASS TOFU (ĐậU Hũ Sả) - THE ... - THE VIET VEGAN
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS CHICKEN - COOKING THERAPY
LEMONGRASS GINGER SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO PREPARE LEMONGRASS TO USE FOR COOKING
15 LEMONGRASS FLAVORED PLANT-BASED RECIPES - ONE GREEN …
43 FRESH, FRAGRANT LEMONGRASS RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
MARINATED LEMONGRASS BEEF RECIPE - RECIPEYUM
THE VERY BEST WAY TO GRILL A WHOLE CHICKEN - THE TAKEOUT
LEMONGRASS RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | BON APPETIT
VIETNAMESE NOODLES WITH LEMONGRASS CHICKEN | RECIPETIN EATS
LEMONGRASS CHICKEN MARINADE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS CHICKEN - GIMME SOME OVEN
LEMONGRASS MARINADE | READY SAUCES | LEE KUM KEE | CANADA
THE PERFECT GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK - SEONKYOUNG LONGEST
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS CHICKEN (THE BEST MARINADE!)
CITRUS-LEMONGRASS MARINADE RECIPE - JOSIAH CITRIN | FOOD ...
RECIPE DETAILS | CANOLA OIL. GOOD FOR EVERY BODY!
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS MARINADE - BIGOVEN.COM
BASIL, LEMONGRASS AND GINGER MARINADE - CANADIAN LIVING
LEMONGRASS BEEF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST LEMONGRASS DRINK RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEMONGRASS RECIPES | SAVEUR
LEMONGRASS PORK - VIETNAMESE. SIMPLY.
COCONUT AND LEMONGRASS MARINADE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS MARINADE – COOKING SOUP TO NUTS
LEMONGRASS GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE | CHICKEN BREAST DINNER ...
LEMONGRASS ROASTED SALMON - INQUIRING CHEF
LEMONGRASS-MARINATED FLANK STEAK | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY ...
PAN-SEARED LEMONGRASS SALMON RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
LEMONGRASS RECIPES | REAL SIMPLE
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS BEEF - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
GRILLED LEMONGRASS BEEF | RICARDO
LEMONGRASS SAUCE & MARINADE - UCOOK HAWAII
GRILLED LEMONGRASS GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE — SHOCKINGLY ...
LEMONGRASS CHICKEN - ASIAN FOOD RECIPES AND TECHNIQUES
LEMON GRASS AND LIME MARINADE | ALBERTA CHICKEN PRODUCERS ...
LEMONGRASS LEMONADE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
How to Make Vietnamese Grilled Lemongrass Chicken | Grill Recipes | Allrecipes.com14K views-01:00
Lemongrass Chicken Marinade225 views-03:59
Vietnamese Lemongrass Marinade1.9K views-00:43
Sweet & Sticky Vietnamese BBQ Lemongrass Chicken Recipe | Jeremy Pang's Wok Wednesdays64K views-10:04
THE BEST VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS CHICKEN/PORK MARINADE!123K views-05:41
Lemongrass Grilled Chicken! | My Fakeaway for your Takeaway14K views-06:29
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a lemongrass marinade?It’s a staple at restaurants and something that we eat regularly at home as well. My aunt’s rendition of a lemongrass marinade is incredibly complex in flavor but as simple as any basic marinade. The only special ingredient is lemongrass, which is fairly easy to find fresh as well as in a chopped frozen format to further simplify this recipe.
How do you cook with lemongrass?Simply mix with any meat, seafood or vegetables. Marinate for at least 10 minutes. Now you’re ready to stir-fry, pan-fry, BBQ or roast. For even more flavour, drizzle over more sauce as you cook. Also makes an awesome dipping sauce! Love the hint of lemongrass, not overwhelming at all.
How long does it take to marinate chicken in lemongrass?The marinade is heady with exotic flavours and lemongrass stalks hold the spatchcocked chicken together A star rating of 0 out of 5. In just 20 minutes you can be enjoying a stir-fry heady with lemongrass, ginger and lime.
How do you make Vietnamese lemongrass chicken?This Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken recipe is made with the best citrusy lemongrass marinade, and can be grilled, baked or sautéed. Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, maple syrup, oil, soy sauce, black pepper, garlic, lemongrass and shallot in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.