MACARONI AU GRATIN
This 30-minute mac and cheese from chef Ashley Christensen is a bestseller at her Raleigh, NC restaurant, Poole's Diner. What makes it special: the three-cheese combo is brûléed under the broiler for a crust you must crack through to reach the creamy macaroni below.
Provided by Ashley Christensen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat broiler. In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water and kosher salt to a boil. Add macaroni and return water to a boil; cook until barely al dente, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir the grated Grana Padano, Jarlsberg, and Cheddar cheeses to combine. Set aside. Taste a macaroni for doneness: it should be chewy yet firm. Strain macaroni in a colander and set aside.
- Add heavy cream and a pinch of sea salt to an oven-safe skillet; turn heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. When cream is simmering, fold in the macaroni. Continue to simmer to reduce and thicken, about 1½-2 minutes. Stir in ¼ of the cheese mixture to combine with noodles. Turn off the heat and stir in another ¼ of the cheese. Place remaining cheese over the top in an even layer (do not stir).
- Set rack in the oven about 4 inches from the broiler. Place skillet under the broiler until cheese melts and caramelizes into a golden brown crust, 3-5 minutes (keeping an eye on it so it doesn't burn). Remove gratin from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
CAULIFLOWER AND MACARONI
This is another wonderful old recipe from my Aunt. Can also be made with broccoli and any type of pasta. This is a great way to use up any leftover quantities of dried macaroni.
Provided by Maureenie
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat olive oil over medium flame in pot with low sides.
- Add garlic, parsley, oregano, and red pepper.
- Add 1 cup of reserved liquid from cauliflower and 1 cup water.
- Add cauliflower, cover, and bring water to a boil.
- Add salt and pasta and stir well. Lower heat to simmer and cover.
- Cook and stir until done, about 20 minutes.
- Consistency will be thick and soupy. Can add more cauliflower water if too dry during cooking.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330, Fat 7.9, SaturatedFat 1.2, Sodium 360.5, Carbohydrate 55, Fiber 7.3, Sugar 6.1, Protein 11.9
MACARONI AU GRATIN
HERE'S an easy, tasty dish my family has always liked. Whenever we attend a potluck supper, I take this macaroni casserole...and come home with an empty dish and many requests for the recipe. -Jeannine Hopp, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; set aside. , In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until well blended. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes; reduce heat. Add cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and mustard; stir until cheese melts. , Pour over macaroni and mix well. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389 calories, Fat 21g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 805mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
MACARONI AND CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN
Make and share this Macaroni and Cauliflower Au Gratin recipe from Food.com.
Provided by loof751
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook the macaroni in boiling water 10 minutes. Drain and rinse. Steam the cauliflower just until tender/crisp.
- In a large saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, salt and paprika. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add cheese and cauliflower. Fold in macaroni.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt casserole dish. Melt remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter and mix with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 ° until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293, Fat 14.2, SaturatedFat 8.6, Cholesterol 39.5, Sodium 1034, Carbohydrate 33.6, Fiber 2, Sugar 1.7, Protein 8.4
People also searched
More about "macaroni and cauliflower au gratin recipes"
MACARONI AU GRATIN RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CHEESY BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER GRATIN | BUNS IN MY OVEN
CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN | METRO
MACARONI AND CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN | AU GRATIN, MAIN COURSE RECIPES ...
CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN JAMIE OLIVER BEST RECIPES
WORLD BEST BLOG OF RICE RECIPES: MACARONI AND CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN
MACARONI AND CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN RECIPES
MACARONI AND CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MACARONI AND CAULIFLOWER RECIPE - FOOD.COM
"MACARONI AND CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN" - RECIPES ON SPOONACULAR
MACARONI AND CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN - LUNCH RECIPES
MACARONI AND CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CAULIFLOWER AND MACARONI AU GRATIN RECIPE | M
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN WITH HAM - THE DARING GOURMET
SMOKY CAULIFLOWER CHEESY AU GRATIN – EASY RECIPE
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN | CHEESE BURGER MACARONI, AU GRATIN, …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #pasta #vegetables #pasta-rice-and-grains #elbow-macaroni #cauliflower
How to Make Creamy, Comforting Cauliflower Gratin206K views-09:07
Cheesy Cauliflower Gratin with Bobby Flay | Boy Meets Grill | Food Network61K views-02:18
Creamy Cauliflower Cheese Bake Perfect for Dinner! Cauliflower Au Gratin3.2K views-06:00
Cauliflower Gratin - Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole Recipe119K views-07:19
Julia Child's Cauliflower au Gratin is the Side Dish of the Year96K views-11:46
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook Broccoli and cauliflower au gratin?This broccoli and cauliflower au gratin is cheesy vegetable perfection. It's easy enough for a weeknight, but delicious enough for the holidays and it's always gobbled up. Saved! Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9×13 baking dish with one tablespoon of butter.
What is the best cheese for macaroni au gratin?With just four ingredients (plus salt and pepper), you can have a cheesy, bubbly casserole on the table for your family to devour. For the best texture for your Macaroni Au Gratin, our Test Kitchen has two tips: First, use block cheese and shred it yourself instead of buying a bag of shredded cheese.
How to bake cauliflower for pasta?Place the cauliflower florets in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle lightly with a little salt. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower. Evenly sprinkle the cheese over the top. Bake uncovered for 30-40 min or until the top is golden and the mixture is bubbly. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
What is the best way to cook macaroni?Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until well blended. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes; reduce heat.