SIMPLE MACARONI AND CHEESE
A very quick and easy fix to a tasty side-dish. Fancy, designer mac and cheese often costs forty or fifty dollars to prepare when you have so many exotic and expensive cheeses, but they aren't always the best tasting. This recipe is cheap and tasty.
Provided by g0dluvsugly
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 5 minutes. Slowly pour milk into butter-flour mixture while continuously stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbling, about 5 minutes. Add Cheddar cheese to milk mixture and stir until cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Fold macaroni into cheese sauce until coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 630.2 calories, Carbohydrate 55 g, Cholesterol 99.6 mg, Fat 33.6 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 26.5 g, SaturatedFat 20.9 g, Sodium 777 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
MACARONI AND CHEESE
Try Ree Drummond's creamy Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food Network.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the macaroni until still slightly firm. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. In a large pot, melt the butter and sprinkle in the flour. Whisk together over medium-low heat. Cook for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Don't let it burn. Pour in the milk, add the mustard and whisk until smooth. Cook until very thick, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low.
- Take 1/4 cup of the sauce and slowly pour it into the beaten egg, whisking constantly to avoid cooking the eggs. Whisk together until smooth. Pour the egg into the sauce, whisking constantly. Stir until smooth. Add in the cheese and stir to melt. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt and the pepper. Add any additional spices if desired. Taste the sauce and add more salt and seasoned salt as needed! DO NOT UNDERSALT.
- Pour in the drained, cooked macaroni and stir to combine. Serve immediately (while it's still very creamy) or pour into a buttered baking dish, top with extra cheese and bake until bubbly and golden on top, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until slightly crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove from the pan and cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a separate pan, cook the onions in the butter over a low heat until caramelized, 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use a fork to crumble the gorgonzola.
- Put the bacon, caramelized onions and crumbled gorgonzola into separate bowls. Serve as delicious toppings for both sliders and macaroni cheese.
HOMEMADE MAC AND CHEESE
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick. Put macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and brown. Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover. Sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 858.2 calories, Carbohydrate 66.7 g, Cholesterol 141.6 mg, Fat 48.7 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 37.7 g, SaturatedFat 29.9 g, Sodium 879.3 mg, Sugar 10.7 g
CHEF JOHN'S MACARONI AND CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the macaroni, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked through but still slightly firm, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. When the butter starts to foam and bubble, stir in the flour; cook on medium heat until flour just begins to turn pale yellow, 3 to 4 minutes. Add thyme, cayenne pepper, and white pepper; cook and stir another minute, then whisk in 1 cup of milk until smooth. Pour in remaining milk and whisk again. Bring the sauce just to a simmer.
- Stir in nutmeg, Worcestershire sauce, and salt; simmer on medium-low heat until thickened, about 8 minutes, whisking often. Turn heat off, then add 2 1/4 cups of Cheddar cheese; stir until melted and combined. Add Dijon mustard.
- Transfer the macaroni into a casserole dish, then pour in the cheese sauce; stir to thoroughly combine sauce with pasta. Mix panko bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter in a small bowl, and sprinkle crumbs on top of macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup of Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread crumbs and Cheddar cheese topping are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 694.8 calories, Carbohydrate 72.8 g, Cholesterol 94.5 mg, Fat 32.3 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 29.4 g, SaturatedFat 19.9 g, Sodium 928.4 mg, Sugar 8.1 g
People also searched
More about "macaroni and cheese recipes"
72 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
15 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
OUR 10 BEST MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
13 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
MACARONI CHEESE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BEST-EVER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
MACARONI AND CHEESE – INSTANT POT RECIPES
MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE MAC …
MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES THAT ARE GOOEY PERFECTION - BETTER …
EASY HOMEMADE MAC AND CHEESE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
ULTIMATE MACARONI AND CHEESE | CANADIAN LIVING
MACARONI CHEESE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #side-dishes #pasta #american #easy #dietary #high-calcium #high-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #elbow-macaroni #3-steps-or-less
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe | How to Make Mac and Cheese9.2M views-03:20
Easy 3-Ingredient Mac and Cheese Recipe (One Pot)5.1M views-02:45
Macaroni and Cheese | Easy Recipe | No Eggs | Thanksgiving Series 2020 | Video #5749K views-33:45
Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe | How to Make Mac N Cheese | Macaroni and Cheese Recipe5.6M views-10:07
The Pioneer Woman Makes Macaroni and Cheese | The Pioneer Woman | Food Network1.8M views-05:05
Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe528K views-07:04
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make the perfect macaroni and cheese?The ham, peas, and optional hot sauce add some pizzazz to classic mac and cheese. Adjust the consistency of the mac and cheese sauce to suit your personal preference. I used Kraft® 2% Milk Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese to reduce fat with no negative effect on taste. These basic steps make the perfect macaroni and cheese, every single time.
How to cook classic Mac and cheese in the oven?Classic Homemade Mac and Cheese with a simple, creamy cheese sauce, baked to perfection in the oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease a square baking dish. Cook the macaroni to al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
How to cook macaroni in a pan?1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. ... 2 Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 5 minutes. ... 3 Fold macaroni into cheese sauce until coated.
How do you make Mac and cheese with egg and cheese?Whisk together till smooth. Pour the egg mixture into the sauce, whisking constantly. Stir until smooth. Add in the cheese and stir to melt. Add the salt, seasoned salt and pepper. Taste the sauce and add more salt and seasoned salt as needed! DO NOT UNDERSALT. Pour in the drained, cooked macaroni and stir to combine.