MALAY STYLE CURRY PUFF
This is a very common snack in Malaysia and Singapore. You can find it anywhere here. Hope you like it.
Provided by brenda86
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- To make WATER DOUGH, place flour in a mixing bowl.
- Rub in shortening and add in the water.
- Knead into a smooth dough and leave aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide into 12 equal portions.
- To make OIL DOUGH, rub shortening or margarine into the flour to form an oily dough.
- Divide into 12 equal portions.
- To make FILLING, heat pan with 3 tbsp oil.
- Fry all the ingredients till fragrant.
- Add water and fry till dry.
- Add water again and fry till dry and potato become soft.
- Cover the pan once in a while so that the potato will be cooked faster.
- Leave to cool.
- Next wrap oil dough inside water dough.
- Flatten the dough using a rolling pin to shape a thin circle.
- Add filling and seal the sides.
- Pinch the edges to form a scallop design or any design Deep fry puffs in medium hot oil.
- *Note: You can make the filling a bit more saltier because when you eat it with the puff it will make the filling taste blander.
MALAYSIAN CURRY PUFF
This is a great recipe from rasa malaysia. I added it here so that its easy for me to keep and print out. :)
Provided by MalaysianChef
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make the filling first. Heat oil and fry onion gently until golden brown. Add the kurma powder, curry powder, chili, turmeric and fry gently. Add the chicken, potatoes, sugar, pepper, salt and cook for 5 minutes. Mix well and leave aside to cool.
- To make pastry, mix flour with margarine, water, salt, and knead well. Let it rest for 1/2 hour. Cut the dough into circles (3 in) in diameter. Fold pastry over to make a half circle and crimp at edges. Deep fry in hot oil until golden.
More about "malay style curry puff recipes"
MALAYSIAN CURRY PUFF (EASY RECIPE!) - JOYOUS APRON
5/5 (23)Total Time 45 minsCategory Appetizer, Breakfast, SnackCalories 426 per serving
- In a pot, add vegetable oil and chopped shallots, cook for 30 seconds, then add potato, chicken and 1 tbsp of curry paste. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add water and coconut milk to pot. Once mixture comes to a boil and chicken is cooked, taste mixture and add more curry paste if needed. Also add salt and sugar to taste.
- Cook until potatoes are tender and cook down the liquid until it looks more like a paste. Turn off heat and let it cool for 30 minutes.
KARIPAP (MALAY STYLE CURRY PUFFS) - SMOOTH CRUST - ROTI …
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory SnackCalories 303 per serving
- Boil scrubbed potatoes and sweet potato in medium saucepan. After 15 minutes, remove potatoes. Allow sweet potato to cook for another 5 minutes. Remove and allow potatoes to cool. Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Combine all-purpose flour, salt, and margarine in a large bowl. Mix with a spatula. Slowly add water a little at a time. Knead to form a soft, non-sticky dough. You may or may not require the full ½ cup (120ml) water.
- Place a piece of dough on your palm. If it has shrunk a little, spread it out gently with your fingers. Place a tablespoon of filling in the center.
CURRY PUFF - SOUTHEAST ASIAN RECIPES - NYONYA COOKING
Reviews 6Calories 176 per servingCategory Snack
- In a bowl, mix salt and flour evenly. Set aside. Heat oil in a pan at high heat. Pour hot oil directly into the flour mixture. Mix well. Then add cold water and continue kneading until the dough comes together. Set dough aside in the refrigerator.
- Stir-fry onion slices and minced garlic with oil until fragrant. Add blended dried shrimps, curry leaves and curry powder. Then, add diced potatoes. Add enough water and simmer at low heat until the potatoes softened.
- Divide the dough equally into balls of ~ 35gm each. They may be refrigerated to ensure the dough is more manageable. Flatten dough until it is about 0.2cm thick. Place filling in the middle of the flattened dough.
- Fold sides together to create a semi-circle. Seal the sides by pinching the dough together. Using the pinch and fold technique as shown in the video, create the distinctive edge of curry puffs.
MALAYSIAN CURRY PUFF (KARIPAP RECIPE) - CHRISTIE AT HOME
5/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Appetizer, Side Dish, SnackCalories 331 per serving
- In a large pan set over medium heat, add 1 tsp cooking oil. Fry your chicken until mostly cooked. Add onions and potatoes, followed by curry powder, salt, turmeric (optional) and bay leaves. Cover and let this cook until potatoes are fork tender. Remove filling from pan and let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, add flour and salt. Whisk together. Make a well in the middle.
- In another pan, heat your oil on high heat. Place a chopstick or a wooden stick to check if the oil bubbles. Once it bubbles, carefully pour the hot oil into the flour well. Allow this to bubble for 1 minute. Then mix the flour and oil together. Add water and mix everything together with your hands and knead it together. You should form a very oiled ball of dough.
- On a floured surface, roll your dough into a long tube. Slice the tube of dough into 26 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
CURRY PUFF - RASA MALAYSIA
4.8/5 (32)Total Time 40 minsCategory Malaysian RecipesCalories 217 per serving
CAFETERIA STYLE KARIPAP (CURRY PUFFS) - ROTI N RICE
MALAYSIAN KARIPAP AYAM – DELICIOUS CHICKEN CURRY PUFF …
SPIRAL CURRY PUFF - RASA MALAYSIA
KARIPAP (CURRY PUFF) - TRADITIONAL MALAY RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
CURRY PUFFS | MALAYSIAN RECIPES | SBS FOOD
MALAYSIAN CURRY PUFF | CURIOUS NUT
SIMPLE MALAYSIAN CURRY PUFFS RECIPE - DIY & CRAFTS
THAI RED CURRY POT ROAST CHICKEN | RECIPETIN EATS
CENDOL RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT MALAYSIAN DESSERT
BAKED CHICKEN CURRY PUFF - EL MUNDO EATS
CURRY PUFF RECIPE (POTATO) - GREEDY GIRL GOURMET
KETO MALAYSIAN CURRY PUFFS / KARIPAP | MAKAN WITH CHERRY
EASY MALAYSIAN CURRY PUFF RECIPE BY TIFFIN BOX - YOUTUBE
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY PUFFS - GLOBAL KITCHEN TRAVELS
THE BEST CHICKEN CURRY PUFF RECIPE | MUST TRY FAMOUS MALAYSIAN …
CURRY PUFFS (KARICPAP)- HOW TO MAKE IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS - TASTE OF …
CURRY PUFF RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS CURRY PUFFS AT HOME
SPIRAL CURRY PUFFS (KARIPAP PUSING 螺旋咖喱角) - HUANG KITCHEN
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #malaysian #lunch #asian #dietary #low-cholesterol #inexpensive #healthy-2 #low-in-something
Easy Malaysian Curry Puff Recipe by Tiffin Box | Curry Puff Recipe71.5K views-04:34
Karipap (Malay Style Curry Puffs) | Roti n Rice18.3K views-04:57
Curry Puff | Karipap | Epok-epok | 咖哩角 | 咖哩饺 [Nyonya Cooking]288.8K views-07:25
THE BEST Chicken Curry Puff Recipe | Must Try Famous Malaysian Snack40.5K views-06:02
Malaysian curry puff Part 2 | how to make curry puff fillings | karipap | karipok | epok-epok4.8K views-12:20
How to make Malaysian Curry Puff (Karipap) | Full of Goodness10.2K views-04:32
You'll also love