To save last-minute prep time -- and allow the flavors to develop even more -- make these tangy mushrooms a day ahead. Serve them with store-bought olives and pickled hot or sweet peppers as an antipasto course.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Trim stems from cremini (break apart oyster mushroom clusters, if using). Put mushrooms in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, and oregano in a medium bowl. Whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream; whisk until mixture is emulsified. Whisk in the salt and pepper. Pour marinade over mushrooms, and let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, at least 20 minutes; if desired, refrigerate mushrooms in an airtight container overnight. Serve at room temperature.
MARINATED MUSHROOMS II
This recipe was handed down to me from my Grandma. Little mushrooms are marinated in a zesty mixture. They're great for buffet style gatherings. They keep well for a long time in the fridge, or you may can them in mason jars and store in cupboard.
Provided by Cristi Zbella
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium saucepan, mix red wine vinegar, olive oil, onion, salt, parsley, dry mustard, brown sugar and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir in mushrooms. Simmer 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to sterile containers and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 54.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.8 g, Fat 4.6 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 148.1 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
SIMPLY MARINATED MUSHROOMS
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, thyme, salt, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, parsley and onion powder. Add mushrooms and toss until coated. Chill in marinade overnight, and reheat to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115.3 calories, Carbohydrate 7.2 g, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 393.5 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
EASY MARINATED MUSHROOMS
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix soy sauce, water and butter. Stir until the butter has melted, then gradually mix in the sugar until it is completely dissolved.
- Place mushrooms in a slow cooker set to low, and cover with the soy sauce mixture. Cook 8 to 10 hours, stirring approximately every hour. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.8 calories, Carbohydrate 29.3 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 1889.2 mg, Sugar 26.5 g
Purchasing marinated mushrooms at a deli can be quite expensive. These will rival any that you can buy and will save you a ton of money! These make a wonderful addition to an antipasto platter.
Provided by Deja A
Categories Low Protein
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine all ingredients to make marinade.
- Pour over mushrooms and stir gently to coat.
- Cover container and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir or shake mushrooms occasionally, to ensure contact with marinade.
- Optional: If you prefer, use 1/2 cup of your favorite olive oil, instead of 1/4 cup olive oil & 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook them for about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and juice, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves. Pour over the remaining olive oil and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool. Serve at room temperature.
Guests will never guess a dish so flavorful could take only 10 minutes of hands-on prep and no cooking! Great as a side dish or tempting tidbit on a relish tray, this versatile recipe is from Billie Moss in Walnut Creek, California.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the mushrooms in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over mushrooms and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
ITALIAN MARINATED MUSHROOMS
Easy and tasty recipe. This is how my Grandmother made her marinated mushrooms. When my mom makes this she usually puts in fresh, big pieces of hot italian pepper and loads of fresh garlic.
Provided by ChefRed
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Boil vinegar and water.
- Wash, clean mushrooms. If small, leave whole. If large, cut and quarter, slice them so they are not too big.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain liquid. I like to squeeze out some of the liquid out of mushrooms. Place in quart size glass jar, add garlic, spices and drizzle of oil. Shake it up and refrigerate. Can stay up to two weeks if they last that long.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 49.1, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 593.2, Carbohydrate 5.7, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 2.7, Protein 3.7
FAVORITE MARINATED MUSHROOMS
Brenda Snyder from Hesston, Pennsylvania notes, "This is a nice way to serve mushrooms as an appetizer...and it also makes a great side dish for any type of meat. Sometimes I add these tangy mushrooms to salads for extra flavor, too."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use). Place caps in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and cool., In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing mix, water, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and seasonings. , Place mushrooms in a large bowl; add dressing and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166 calories, Fat 14g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 602mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
People also searched
More about "marinated mushrooms ii recipes"
EASY MARINATED MUSHROOMS - SAVORING ITALY
EASY MARINATED MUSHROOMS - DAMN DELICIOUS
MARINATED MUSHROOMS RECIPE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 minsCategory Side Dish, Lunch, SnackPublished Sep 16, 2022
MARINATED MUSHROOMS II RECIPE | COOKTHISMEAL.COM
MARINATED MUSHROOMS II - STAGE.ELEMENT.ALLRECIPES.COM
EASY MARINATED MUSHROOMS (ONLY 15 MINUTES OF PREP) - MOMSDISH
10 BEST RAW MARINATED MUSHROOMS RECIPES | YUMMLY
COSTCO MARINATED MUSHROOMS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
MARINATED MUSHROOMS II RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MARINATED MUSHROOMS II - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
MARINATED MUSHROOMS IN A JAR RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
WORLD BEST CANOLA OIL RECIPES: MARINATED MUSHROOMS II
MARINATED MUSHROOMS WITH ROSEMARY, ORANGE & GARLIC - LIDIA
Vegetable Roll With Marinated Mushrooms – 2 Vegan Recipes86 views-05:20
Marinated Mushrooms with Rosemary, Orange & Garlic Recipe - Lidia’s Kitchen Series202.7K views-05:11
Italian marinated mushrooms: the best way to preserve them!24.4K views-03:50
Marinated mushrooms; ready in less than 15 minutes!4.3K views-03:20
How To Make Marinated Mushrooms ~ Easy Mushroom Appetizer Recipe22.8K views-02:46
How to make marinated mushrooms - RAW vegan mushrooms in marinade healthy easy recipe plant based1.5K views-04:34
You'll also love