Coddling is a gentle steaming method that yields a tender egg. The eggs are cooked individually in coddling cups-ceramic cups with screw-on lids available at kitchen-supply stores. Four-ounce baby-food jars can be used as well. Garnish with chopped herbs, onion, or cooked bacon.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 4
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Line the bottom of a saucepan with a kitchen towel. Fill the pan with enough water to come just below the rim of the coddlers. Place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Butter the insides of each coddler. Pour 1/2 teaspoon heavy cream in each. Add one egg; season with salt and pepper. Screw on lids tightly. Carefully place egg coddlers into boiling water.
- Reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 4 minutes. Turn off heat, cover pan, and let stand for 6 to 7 minutes. Remove coddlers from water, unscrew lids, and serve immediately.
MOLLY - CODDLED EGGS
Our update of a classic. Easy peasy great for a meal for one when you cant be bothered! Serve with hot buttered granary toast.
Provided by PinkCherryBlossom
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a ramekin liberally. You can supposedly buy egg coddlers which are little ramekins with lids but I have never seen them. A ramekin works fine.
- Crack in an egg add the cream and top with the cheese.
- In an oven proof dish put the ramekin and then pour enough boiling water to come halfway up the ramekin.
- bake for 12 - 15 minutes until the eggs are lightly set.
EASY CODDLED EGGS
Very easy egg dish that doesn't require much work. They come out creamy. I like to eat them on toast with salsa. I usually put a dash of hot sauce on the eggs, but thats how I like my eggs.
Provided by Dissie
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Line a deep skillet with 2 layers of paper towels and fill with 1 to 2 inches of water, bring to a boil.
- Break one egg into each buttered ramekin and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour 2 tsp of heavy cream around each unbroken egg yolk.
- Sprinkle with 2 tsp of grated cheese.
- Place all 4 ramekins in skillet and turn down heat so water is simmering. Cover and steam eggs for 4-6 minutes or until whites are set. If you like runny yolks, serve now. If you like yolks cooked longer, then continue to steam a little longer.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings (salsa, crumbled bacon, etc.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119.6, Fat 9.3, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 202.3, Sodium 125.7, Carbohydrate 0.8, Sugar 0.2, Protein 7.8
People also searched
More about "molly coddled eggs recipes"
CODDLED EGG RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CODDLED EGGS IN 5 …
5/5 (4)Total Time 5 minsCategory Breakfast, Main CourseCalories 103 per serving
- Fill the egg coddler pan with a 1/2 inch (1.2 cm) of water. (Don't add the top section yet with the egg cups.) Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a rolling simmer.
- Once the water is simmering, place the top section with the greased egg cups in their holders. Crack a cold egg into each cup. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and/or chives, if using.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes, for cooked whites and runny yolks. Add another minute or two for firmer yolks.
CODDLED EGGS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
PERFECT CODDLED EGG RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
MOLLY - CODDLED EGGS RECIPE - FOOD.COM - IN.PINTEREST.COM
MOLLY - CODDLED EGGS
CODDLED EGGS WITH MASHED POTATOES - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
RECIPE FOR CODDLED EGGS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CODDLED EGG RECIPES - RECIPE-LIST.NET
CODDLED EGGS (HOW TO CODDLE EGGS – EASY DIRECTIONS)
BEST CODDLED EGGS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
MOLLY CODDLED EGGS RECIPES
Creamy Coddled Eggs Recipe - Delicious Egg Recipes by Warren Nash #Ad44K views-01:36
Molly Makes Classic Caesar Salad | From the Test Kitchen | Bon Appétit2.3M views-10:01
Coddled Eggs33K views-02:33
The Fabulous Baker Brothers' Coddled Eggs With Wild Mushrooms & Lovage | Waitrose64K views-03:57
Cooking Tips : How to Coddle Eggs86K views-01:22
Oeuf Cocotte Recipe / Baked Eggs – Bruno Albouze56K views-04:09
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make egg coddlers at home?Fill the pan with enough water to come just below the rim of the coddlers. Place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Butter the insides of each coddler. Pour 1/2 teaspoon heavy cream in each. Add one egg; season with salt and pepper. Screw on lids tightly. Carefully place egg coddlers into boiling water.
How long do you boil egg coddlers?Bring to a boil. Butter the insides of each coddler. Pour 1/2 teaspoon heavy cream in each. Add one egg; season with salt and pepper. Screw on lids tightly. Carefully place egg coddlers into boiling water. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 4 minutes. Turn off heat, cover pan, and let stand for 6 to 7 minutes.
How to make Ham and egg coddler?Recipe Preparation. Remove coddler and bring water to a gentle boil over medium heat. Meanwhile, butter coddler. Pour in half of cream and add half of ham and chives; season with salt and pepper. Add egg, then top with remaining cream, ham, and chives. Season with salt and pepper and seal closed.
Are poached eggs easy to coddle?Poached eggs can be hard to get “just right”, but it’s pretty simple to coddle an egg once you know how to use an egg coddler. Which means you really need to go get yourself an egg coddler, so you can follow this coddled egg recipe right away!