The holidays are the perfect time to indulge in a rich and buttery dish like this. You can assemble and refrigerate it the night before, then top with the remaining crumbs and seasonings just before baking.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, toss the cracker crumbs and butter. In another bowl, combine the salt, nutmeg and pepper. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer half of the crumbs, half of the oysters and 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning mixture., Combine soup and milk; pour over the top. Layer with remaining oysters and another 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning mixture. Top with remaining crumbs and seasonings. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts :
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Drain the oysters, reserving juice.
- In a small mixing bowl combine margarine and crushed saltine crackers. Cut the oysters into small pieces, set aside. In a small mixing bowl combine cream, oyster juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spread one can of corn onto the bottom of the casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the oysters over the corn, 1/2 of the cracker mixture. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients. Pour the oyster juice mixture over the top of the entire casserole. Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake casserole for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 446.4 calories, Carbohydrate 41 g, Cholesterol 95.6 mg, Fat 29 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 8.6 g, SaturatedFat 16.1 g, Sodium 828.6 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
MOM'S OYSTER CASSEROLE
My mother has made this casserole every thanksgiving for as long as I can remember. It just wouldn't be the holidays without it. If my brother can't make it home for the holidays, it is one of his special requests when he is able to get home. The prep time is me using a food processor to chop and doesn't include the time to cut oysters in half if they are too large. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
Provided by Tish in OH
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Drain oysters well, reserving liquid.
- Generously grease a shallow 1-1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle half the crackers over the bottom.
- Lay half the oysters on top of crackers.
- Sprinkle with half the onions, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Dot generously with butter and pour half the cream, milk and reserved juice from the oysters.
- Repeat the layers but save the remaining cracker crumbs for the top.
- Add a dash of Tabasco if desired before covering with the crumbs.
- Cover with the remaining cracker crumbs.
- Dust enough with paprika to make it really red on top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the casserole is set (when you jiggle it, it shakes like set Jello).
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341.7, Fat 26.9, SaturatedFat 15.6, Cholesterol 107.7, Sodium 351.4, Carbohydrate 15.4, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.4, Protein 10.3
MOM'S OYSTER STEW
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in the milk and half-and-half, and transfer to the top of a double boiler. If you do not have one, set the pan of soup over a pan of simmering water.
- When the milk is hot, add the oysters and heat just until the oysters are opaque. Do not allow to boil. Season with fresh parsley, cayenne pepper and sherry. Go easy on the sherry until you are sure you like it in the stew.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.9 calories, Carbohydrate 15.7 g, Cholesterol 156.5 mg, Fat 18.8 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 18.9 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 952.6 mg, Sugar 3 g
More about "moms oyster casserole recipes"
OYSTER CASSEROLE – HAMA HAMA OYSTER COMPANY
OYSTER CRACKER RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SOUTHERN OYSTER CASSEROLE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
OYSTER CASSEROLE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
MOMS OLD FASHIONED OYSTER DRESSING BEST RECIPES
7 OYSTER STUFFING IDEAS | OYSTER RECIPES, OYSTERS, COOKING RECIPES
OYSTER CASSEROLE RECIPES WITH CANNED OYSTERS
BEST EVER OYSTER CASSEROLE RECIPE - OYSTER OBSESSION®
YOUR GRANDMA'S OYSTER CASSEROLE - HAMA HAMA COMPANY
10 BEST BAKED OYSTER CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
OYSTER CASSEROLE | SWISS DIAMOND RECIPES
LARA SPENCER'S MOM SHARES THIS SIMPLE COWBOY CASSEROLE RECIPE
OYSTER CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
32 OF MOM’S BEST CASSEROLE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
OYSTER CASSEROLE - OYSTERS
OYSTER CASSEROLE | HOW TO FEED A LOON
MOMS OYSTER CASSEROLE BEST RECIPES
OYSTER CASSEROLE RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
HOLIDAY OYSTER CASSEROLE - PURSUIT OF IT ALL
OYSTER CASSEROLE - THE ANCHORED KITCHEN
SOUTHERN OYSTER CASSEROLE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
OYSTER CASSEROLE | SOUTHERN LIVING
MOCK OYSTER CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MOM'S OYSTER DRESSING/STUFFING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RYAN SEACREST'S MOM MAKES OYSTER CASSEROLE - YOUTUBE
SUPERMARKET OYSTERS ARE THE STAR OF MY THANKSGIVING | FOOD & WINE
MOM'S SCALLOPED OYSTERS - JOANNE WEIR
SOUTHERN OYSTER CASSEROLE RECIPE | YUMMLY
RECIPE: CHEF KEVIN'S MOM'S BAKED OYSTERS | WWLTV.COM
CREAMY SCALLOPED OYSTER CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
OYSTER CASSEROLE WITH SALTINE CRACKERS RECIPES
MOM'S OYSTER STEW
OYSTER CASSEROLE RECIPES (THE BEST!) - OYSTER OBSESSION™
PAULA DEEN OYSTER CASSEROLE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
KEVIN BELTON OYSTER CASSEROLE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PAULA DEEN OYSTER CASSEROLE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
OYSTER CASSEROLE - MARATHONS & MOTIVATION
Ryan Seacrest's Mom Makes Oyster Casserole100K views-05:12
Chef Kevin Belton's Recipes: Mom's Oyster Dressing11K views-03:08
Special Oyster Stew Recipe by Mr. Taylor! - Best Stew Recipes Ever || Mama Metas Kitchen41 views-16:41
How To Make Oyster Casserole | How To Feed a Loon2.3K views-16:09
An Iowa Mom Makes Oyster Stew QUICK & EZ8.2K views-02:33
Oyster Casserole | Southern Living6.8K views-01:58
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook oysters in a casserole?Quick and easy oyster casserole. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Drain the oysters, reserving juice. In a small mixing bowl combine margarine and crushed saltine crackers. Cut the oysters into small pieces, set aside. In a small mixing bowl combine cream, oyster juice and Worcestershire sauce.
How do you cook oysters on crackers?Generously grease a shallow 1-1/2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle half the crackers over the bottom. Lay half the oysters on top of crackers. Sprinkle with half the onions, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
What is the recipe for Oyster Salad?Ingredients 1 3 tablespoons butter 2 1 clove garlic, sliced 3 ½ teaspoon salt 4 ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper 5 1 cup milk 6 ½ cup half-and-half cream 7 1 pint fresh shucked oysters 8 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (Optional) 9 1 pinch cayenne pepper (Optional) 10 ¼ cup sherry wine, or to taste (Optional)
How do you make oyster custard?Transfer to a plate to cool slightly. Whisk together eggs, cream, milk, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Gently stir in oysters and bread crumbs. Pour into baking dish and bake until custard is set and top is golden, 25 to 30 minutes.