Marshmallow frosting puts these cupcakes over the top. Chocolate bar pieces and graham cracker crumbs on top make them extra indulgent and even more like the real thing-but better! -Erin Rachwal, Hartland, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat water, buttermilk, eggs, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually beat into water mixture until blended., Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 16-20 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy; beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add marshmallow creme; beat until light and fluffy. Spread or pipe frosting over cupcakes. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; garnish cupcakes. If desired, top with toasted marshmallows and graham cracker pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330 calories, Fat 15g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 298mg sodium, Carbohydrate 43g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
SUPER S'MORES CUPCAKES
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 24 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 20
- For the graham cracker crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar until well combined. Press a heaping tablespoon of the crust mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup and bake until golden and just set, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For the cupcakes: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the buttermilk, water and oil and whisk to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth. Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling them about two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs attached, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool in the tins on a wire rack for about 5 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the tins and allow to cool completely.
- For the marshmallow frosting: Combine the egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar in a heatproof mixing bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the egg whites are warm and smooth to the touch, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on low speed, gradually increasing to medium and then finally up to high. Beat until stiff, glossy peaks form, 7 to 10 minutes. Turn the mixer to low and whisk in the vanilla.
- Spread the frosting on the cupcakes. With a handheld pastry torch, lightly brown the frosting. Decorate each cupcake with a graham cracker piece and a shard of chocolate.
- For the cupcakes: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and a line muffin tin with liners.
- Whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat together 1/4 cup of vegetable oil with the sugar, egg and vanilla in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down the bowl about halfway through.
- Add about a third of the dry ingredients into the sugar and oil mixture and stir gently until almost combined. Add in half of the buttermilk and continue to stir just until combined. Stir in another third of the dry ingredients followed by the remaining buttermilk and finally the remaining dry ingredients. Stir in the boiling water.
- Whisk together the cocoa powder with the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium bowl. Scoop about 1 cup of the graham cracker cake batter into the cocoa mixture. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of the graham cracker cake batter into each cupcake liner followed by 2 tablespoons of the chocolate batter. Using a butter knife or skewer, swirl the batters together to achieve a marbled effect. Bake the cupcakes for 20 to 25 minutes, or until set and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool to room temperature.
- For the marshmallow topping: Whisk together the egg whites, sugar and salt in a large metal or glass bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer and place it over a saucepan containing about 2 centimeters (1 inch) of simmering water. Cook the egg whites, whisking frequently, until they reach 160 degrees F (72 degrees C), or until the mixture thins and you can no longer feel any sugar granules when you rub some between your fingers, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and whip the cooked meringue using a whisk attachment or hand mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 4 to 5 minutes. Whip in the vanilla extract then transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large round tip or a large resealable bag with the corner cut off. Pipe large dollops of the topping onto each cupcake.
- Using a kitchen torch, toast the marshmallow meringue until golden brown. If you do not have a torch, you can place the cupcakes under the broiler for a minute or two until toasty. If desired, garnish with a piece of milk chocolate. Store the cupcakes in the fridge for up to 3 days, letting them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to soften up before eating.
People also searched
More about "my smores cupcakes recipes"
S'MORE CUPCAKES RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.6/5 (16)Total Time 44 minsServings 12Calories 300 per serving
- Cover them with plastic, and put them in the freezer for a few hours, or until they're frozen solid., Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups, and grease the muffin cups., To make the batter, whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
SMORES CUPCAKE RECIPE - EASY SMORES CUPCAKES RECIPE
THE BEST S'MORES CUPCAKES RECIPE - MOMTASTIC.COM
S'MORES CUPCAKE RECIPE - TASTE OF THE FRONTIER
THE BEST S'MORES CUPCAKES RECIPE - ALSO THE CRUMBS …
TASTY TOASTED S'MORES CUPCAKES - SUGAR & SPARROW
S'MORES CUPCAKE RECIPE: MOIST CUPCAKES W/ …
BEST S’MORES CUPCAKES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE S'MORES …
4/5 (11)Category Barbeque, Feed a Crowd, Baking, Dessert
S'MORES CUPCAKES RECIPE | THE BEST HOMEMADE …
HERSHEY S’MORES CUPCAKES - ANASTASIA RECIPES
S'MORES CUPCAKES - STEPHANIE'S SWEET TREATS
S'MORES COOKIE CUPS - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
S'MORES CUPCAKES RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
S'MORES CUPCAKES WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST » THE COZY PLUM
EASY S'MORES CUPCAKES - CLASSIC TREAT IN A CUPCAKE
S'MORES CUPCAKES | MY BAKING ADDICTION
S'MORES CUPCAKES WITH MELTY MIDDLE RECIPE | BONNI BAKERY
S'mores Cupcake recipe EASY - Summer campfire in a cupcake 🧁343 views-09:34
S'MORES PIE RECIPE | Chocolate Marshmallow Pie Dessert | My Cupcake Addiction937K views-05:01
Smores Cupcakes141K views-10:56
S'mores Cupcake Recipe | Cupcake Jemma757K views-09:56
How to make S'mores Cupcakes155K views-02:20
How to Make S'mores Cupcakes!1.6M views-05:23
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make smore cupakes?StepsHeat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. ...Using melon baller or spoon, scoop out center of each cupcake, about 1 inch deep.In small bowl, mix 3/4 cup fluffy white frosting and marshmallow creme. ...In small bowl, mix Topping ingredients; spread over cupcakes. ...
How to make smores cupcakes from scratch with this recipe?InstructionsPreheat oven to 350.In a large bowl, stir crushed graham crackers, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter, until crumbly.Place cupcake liners in pan.Add 1 tablespoon of graham cracker mixture per cupcake liner. ...Bake for 5 minutes.Add about 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of chopped chocolate to each cupcake. ... More items...
How do you make smores?MethodCut out 4 squares of tin foil big enough to wrap the treats in.Put 1 biscuit on each piece of foil and top with 2 chunks of chocolate and a marshmallow. ...Put the s’mores on a hot barbecue and warm through for 2 mins on each side, so that the chocolate and marshmallows are just melted. More items...
How to make easy Christmas tree cupcakes?InstructionsBake Cupcakes as directed and allow to cool.While your cupcakes are baking lay out a sheet of wax paper large enough for you to work.Lay your pretzel sticks on the wax paper.In a small bowl add candy melts and oil, mix, and microwave for 30 seconds. ...Pour candy mixture into a piping or zip lock bag. ... More items...