OZARK PUDDING CAKE
The homey dessert uses kitchen staples to create a comforting, but simple treat, with a meringue cookie-like topping and a apple-nut bottom. There are different versions of the recipe, but one of the most famous is this one from Bess Truman, the wife of President Harry Truman. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. , In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Stir in vanilla, then flour mixture. Fold in apple and walnuts., Transfer to prepared pie plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. (Cake will puff up, then fall when removed from oven.) With a knife, loosen sides from pie plate while still warm., Serve warm. If desired, top with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts :
OZARK BAKELESS PUDDING (1953)
This is one of a number of historical recipes I am posting from my cookbook collection. It is adapted from the 1953 edition of Adventures in Good Cooking, by traveling salesman and food critic Duncan Hines, and featuring recipes collected from around the USA. This recipe is from Hotel Taneycomo in Rockaway Beach, Missouri. If the use of raw eggs concerns you, use pasteurized eggs. The can size is a guess; the recipe specifies only a "small" can. Peaches may be substituted for the pineapple. Cooking time is chilling time.
Provided by Chocolatl
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Stir in eggs, nuts and pineapple.
- Line a dish with a thick layer of crushed graham crackers.
- Top with pineapple mixture.
- Spread remaining crackers on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Top with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 607, Fat 32.5, SaturatedFat 12.4, Cholesterol 102.7, Sodium 492.8, Carbohydrate 74.3, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 51.6, Protein 9
- 1 Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter a 9-inch square baking dish.
- 2 Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a small bowl. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and salt until blended and frothy. While whisking vigorously, slowly add the sugar and whisk until thick. Stir in the apples, pecans, and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture, stirring well to incorporate the dry ingredients.
- 3 Scrape the batter into the prepared dish and smooth the top. Bake until the top crust is browned and the filling is bubbly around the edges, about 40 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving hot or at room temperature with the whipped cream.
OZARK APPLE PUDDING
Topped with whipped cream this apple pudding makes a grand finalé to any meal! This forms an impressive and beautiful golden brown top crust, with a sweet pudding center. The apples are perfectly tender.
Provided by GeeWhiz
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together eggs and sugar until very smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt, then stir into egg mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Bake in greased pie tin for 35 minutes.
- *Serve topped with whipped cream, or drizzle with heavy cream. Awesome with a scoop of vanilla icecream!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.6, Fat 1.7, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 62, Sodium 148.5, Carbohydrate 39.9, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 36.6, Protein 2.4
More about "ozark pudding cake recipes"
OZARK PUDDING - OLD FASHIONED RECIPE - THE …
5/5 (2)Category DessertCuisine American, SouthernTotal Time 50 mins
- Cream butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla with a mixer. In another bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix until all ingredients are wet. Fold in chopped apples with a spoon. Spray a 9 inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- Pour in batter and sprinkle chopped nuts on top. (You can fold nuts into batter if you want) Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes testing center to see if done. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream on top while warm from the oven.
OLD FASHIONED OZARK PUDDING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.4/5 (29)Total Time 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 189 per serving
OZARK PUDDING CAKE - SERIOUS EATS
4.7/5 (3)Category CakesServings 8
BESS TRUMAN'S OZARK PUDDING - LOVELESS CAFE
OZARK PUDDING | COOK'S COUNTRY - QUICK RECIPES
OZARK PUDDING RECIPE (BREAD PUDDING-INSPIRED APPLE …
OZARK PUDDING CAKE RECIPE - OPRAH.COM
DEEP SOUTH DISH: OZARK PUDDING - HUGUENOT TORTE
BESS TRUMAN'S OZARK PUDDING RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
OZARK PUDDING CAKE - THERESCIPES.INFO
OZARK PUDDING FROM SOUTHERN CAKES BY NANCIE MCDERMOTT
OZARK PUDDING CAKE - DELIVITA
OZARK PUDDING CAKE - PLAIN.RECIPES
OZARK PUDDING – VINTAGE.RECIPES
OZARK PUDDING CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
MRS TRUMAN'S OZARK PUDDING - THERESCIPES.INFO
OZARK PUDDING CAKE - TASTEDANDAPPROVED.COM
OZARK PUDDING CAKE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
OZARK PUDDING CAKE - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
OZARK PUDDING CAKE - BIGOVEN
OZARK PUDDING RECIPE - KITCHEN DIVAS
OZARK PUDDING CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
OZARK PUDDING CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
OZARK PUDDING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
VINTAGE RECIPE FOR MRS. TRUMAN'S FAMOUS OZARK PUDDING
OZARK PUDDING CAKE - CAKETOCRUMB
OZARK PUDDING CAKE – RECIPES FOR THE COOK
OZARK PUDDING II (VRP 096) | VINTAGE RECIPE PROJECT
OZARK PUDDING CAKE RECIPE - EASY KITCHEN
OZARK PUDDING CAKE | RECIPE | PUDDING CAKE, PEAR DESSERT, RECIPES
OZARK PUDDING: A QUICK CAKE THAT’S WHITE HOUSE–WORTHY - THE WEEK
RECIPE: OZARK PUDDING CAKE
HASTY APPLE CAKE: OZARK PUDDING CAKE - EVERYBODY LIKES SANDWICHES
OZARK PUDDING CAKE - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
OZARK PUDDING | LAKE RECIPES
OZARK PUDDING CAKE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
OZARK MOUNTAIN APPLE CAKE… - SWEET JOURNEY HOME
OZARK PUDDING CAKE RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
You'll also love